Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How do I unlink Twitch account so I can reconnect it?

SpiderCultist
SpiderCultist
✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe you think it's a simple question but it's not. I was forced to change my password on Twitch and I cannot reconnect ESO and Twitch back, every time I do it prompts the dialog "there was an error". I contacted support, I spoke with @ZOS_BillE yet I cannot connect them. This time I waited for a month hoping this would be sorted out by the Devs but here I am again, asking for help from the community, all ZoS support did was copypasting a template twice which, by the way, does not work.

Any input from someone with the same issue would be greatly appreciated.
PC | EU
Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
"You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SpiderCultist

Have you contacted Twitch to determine whether another account is already linked to the Twitch account?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is the same thing, I ran into this or something similar as well (still dealing with it)
    It seems back in May or there about Twitch forced 2FA (2 Form Authentication) so you need your password and your phone to stream.

If this is the case don't do like me. I didn't get the code it sent me and I tried a few more times until my attempts got locked for the day. Of course a half an hour later I get 4 codes back to back but I can't get back to the screen to put them in. They also want you to download an app to handle this "Authy"

Shadow Play gives an error when you hit start saying the Twitch stream failed.

Edit: I shared on the off chance that when you disconnected your accounts,,,,maybe this 2FA has something to do with how they do the connect now and didn't show up until you disconnected them.
    Edited by Casdha on November 4, 2019 12:45AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @SpiderCultist

Have you contacted Twitch to determine whether another account is already linked to the Twitch account?

Yes, thanks for replying. Still waiting for an answer from their side.
    Casdha wrote: »
    If this is the same thing, I ran into this or something similar as well (still dealing with it)
    It seems back in May or there about Twitch forced 2FA (2 Form Authentication) so you need your password and your phone to stream.

If this is the case don't do like me. I didn't get the code it sent me and I tried a few more times until my attempts got locked for the day. Of course a half an hour later I get 4 codes back to back but I can't get back to the screen to put them in. They also want you to download an app to handle this "Authy"

Shadow Play gives an error when you hit start saying the Twitch stream failed.

Edit: I shared on the off chance that when you disconnected your accounts,,,,maybe this 2FA has something to do with how they do the connect now and didn't show up until you disconnected them.

Well my case is I forgot the password and I had to reset it. Ever since then I cannot reconnect ESO and Twitch
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."