Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Traits for Alchemy Master Writs drops

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Simple Question

I wanna learn all the possible combination of Alchemy ingredients for better master writs drops chance, do I need to Learn
Dragon Blood, Dragon Rheum, Dragon Bile, Powered Mother of Pearl,Clam Gall ?

Here is a Guide I found

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-alchemy-trait-research-curriculum/

It does not mention Dragon Rheum is it because its new?

Also am I missing some?
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I been Looking online and I am pretty sure I need to Research those and Dragon Rheum is the new Ingredient from Dragonhold.

Does Anyone know the best Combination for Dragon Rheum To learn all the traits since they are around 4 K each.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK (and what I operate under) is that only the base game reagents give you an increased chance of master writ drops. I have not personally seen any documentation from ZoS in any patch notes that researching Mother of Pearl/Clam Gall, or the Dragon Blood/Bile as increasing your odds of drops. There are no achievements tied to researching the traits of those reagents, and ZoS has said that the increased chances are linked to achievements (for research, trait knowledge, motifs, etc...)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill…And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects. — ZOS

I found that on a site

Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also for anyone interested here is a full List.
    A total of 30 Combinations to find all the Traits.

Columbine + Mountain Flower + Namira's Rot
    Blessed Thistle + Namira's Rot + Stinkhorn
    Butterfly Wing + Namira's Rot + Powdered Mother of Pearl
    Dragon's Bile + Fleshfly Larva + Namira's Rot
    Blue Entoloma + Bugloss + Namira's Rot
    Corn Flower + Lady's Smock + Namira's Rot
    Clam Gall + Luminous Russula + Mountain Flower
    Clam Gall + Mountain Flower + Mudcrab Chitin
    Bugloss + Clam Gall + Spider Egg
    Clam Gall + White Cap + Wormwood
    Clam Gall + Dragon's Blood + Scrib Jelly
    Fleshfly Larva + Stinkhorn + Torchbug Thorax
    Blessed Thistle + Dragonthorn + Torchbug Thorax
    Imp Stool + Luminous Russula + Torchbug Thorax
    Corn Flower + Torchbug Thorax + Violet Coprinus
    Beetle Scuttle + Mountain Flower + Powdered Mother of Pearl
    Emetic Russula + Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade
    Dragonthorn + Namira's Rot + Wormwood
    Blue Entoloma + Butterfly Wing + White Cap
    Butterfly Wing + Nirnroot + Spider Egg
    Emetic Russula + Namira's Rot + Scrib Jelly
    Emetic Russula + Nirnroot + Torchbug Thorax
    Dragonthorn + Emetic Russula + Water Hyacinth
    Imp Stool + Mudcrab Chitin + Nightshade
    Bugloss + Lady's Smock + Water Hyacinth
    Dragon's Bile + Dragon's Blood + Mountain Flower
    Beetle Scuttle + Columbine + Lady's Smock
    Beetle Scuttle + Emetic Russula + Violet Coprinus
    Dragon Rhuem + Dragon Bile + Bugaloss
    Dragon Rhuem + Namira's Root + Imp Stool

I looked up online and that is the best I could find
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running under the same assumption, @WiseSky ... since there's no confirmation from ZOS and no achievements tied to researching the traits of those reagents (as @tmbrinks pointed out).
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's summon @BenevolentBowd .

He will help.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Sacrifice These Innocents Mortals in the name of Molag Bal to Summon @BenevolentBowd !
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Simple Question

I wanna learn all the possible combination of Alchemy ingredients for better master writs drops chance, do I need to Learn
    Dragon Blood, Dragon Rheum, Dragon Bile, Powered Mother of Pearl,Clam Gall ?

Here is a Guide I found

It does not mention Dragon Rheum is it because its new?

Also am I missing some?

I posted the new traits for Dragon Rheum, but I forgot to add it to the research list.

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/new-reagent-dragon-rheum/

Thanks!
    I'll add that to the to-do list. :)
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The assumption is that the trait achievements are used to determine the alchemy sealed writs drop rates.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3656134/#Comment_3656134
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

However, the comment above suggests that the new regeants may influence Sealed Alchemy Writ drop rates.

@ZOS_Bel_Shezzar , comments?
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He will help.

Returns to the Oblivion Plane of Crafting, where unlike Sanguine's planes where alts party non-stop, alts are constantly are assigned crafting writs and turn them in...
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He will help.

Returns to the Oblivion Plane of Crafting, where unlike Sanguine's planes where alts party non-stop, alts are constantly are assigned crafting writs and turn them in...

Sounds like fun! Will definitely have lots of mats and surveys :smile:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The assumption is that the trait achievements are used to determine the alchemy sealed writs drop rates.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3656134/#Comment_3656134
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

However, the comment above suggests that the new regeants may influence Sealed Alchemy Writ drop rates.

@ZOS_Bel_Shezzar , comments?

@BenevolentBowd Thanks for providing this link.

It's pretty clear, I think: the char's knowledge influences the drop rate.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    Edited by redlink1979 on November 5, 2019 12:06PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've updated my article to include a couple suggestions for learning Dragon Rheum.
    Dragon’s Bile, Dragon Rheum, Scrib Jelly
    (Heroism, Speed, Vulnerability)
    Dragon Rheum, Lady’s Smock, Imp Stool)
    (Restore Magicka, Enervation)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unclear if we can assume similar treatment of reagents as motifs in the other professions.

According to ZOS sources, as new motifs are added, your knowledge of the full motifs increases the chance of a sealed writ improves. In other words, your chance isn't watered down as new motifs are added.

Perhaps, these new reagents will help. However, I suspect that the drop rate is coded to check the achievements.

There is also the issue that these new reagents are rarely available outside the DLC zones besides those put up for sale on the guild traders by other players.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @BenevolentBowd Thanks, mate.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get master alchemy writs pretty frequently, and I haven't bothered to research any of the new reagents that were added with Summerset and later content, mostly because I have only small amounts of the reagents and can't bring myself to use them for research until I accumulate bigger stacks.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I get master alchemy writs pretty frequently, and I haven't bothered to research any of the new reagents that were added with Summerset and later content, mostly because I have only small amounts of the reagents and can't bring myself to use them for research until I accumulate bigger stacks.

Same here. I don't know any of the traits of reagents introduced with Summerset and Elsweyr and Dragonhold, and I get alchemy master writs frequently - more frequently than gear writs.

I do think that they use achievements to track craft knowledge for the purposes of increasing drop rates. Since new motifs always have an associated achievement, they can easily factor those in.

Also, while they haven't done so recently, they used to post in the patch notes when motifs were added to the list for increased drop chance and master writ requirements. They've never done so for new alchemy reagents. I suspect that if they do get added, we'll be informed.

However, if they are already factored in, I'm not seeing any real detriment to my drop rate on master writs for not knowing those traits. I suppose the best course of action is to learn the traits if you have the mats to spare, in case they do increase your chances (though I certainly don't care to myself, since I get enough of them already).
  • Infixo
    Infixo
    ✭✭
    For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research.

As for the motifs: I assume that only complete books count? Or also just pages?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally master writ drops is linked to the achievements in that particular crafting line. Since DLC reagents (clam gall, mother of pearl, dragon blood/bile/rheum) don't have such an achievement (yet) I don't think that skipping them when you discover the reagent properties has much impact on subsequent master writ drop rate.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infixo wrote: »
    For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research.

As for the motifs: I assume that only complete books count? Or also just pages?

complete books. The drops are tied to the achievements you get when you finish learning all 14 pages of each motif.