The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Seriously epic, ZOS! Tip of the hat to the artists!

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This new Elsweyr art that was shared on their Facebook is simply amazing, it looks like Magic the Gathering style art, it's so detailed, and I love love LOVE the little Alfiq!

h137Fve.jpg
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Alfiq looks EXACTLY like my blue-mitted Ragdoll, Bastet! Even has the white chin and the big, fluffy 'bloomers'! :D

Great artwork and extra props for Ragdoll Alfiq!
    Edited by AlienSlof on October 31, 2019 8:55PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is now my desktop wallpaper.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's awesome! They added a bunch of art to the website to check out too, not just that piece! It's awesome!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso art team is always on point. im never disappointed with how things looks and cant praise it enough. The look of the game is probably its strongest feature imo.

also can we get an in game painting of this!!!!!!!
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The picture is good indeed. I wonder no one asks of why are there two suns in the sky.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of those "suns" may be one of the moons? Or perhaps it's both moons, with one partially eclipsing the sun, looking at the flare....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on October 31, 2019 9:50PM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    One of those "suns" may be one of the moons? Or perhaps it's both moons, with one partially eclipsing the sun, looking at the flare....

We all see the moons. But look behind each of them to see the sources of light those moons cover. There are also two of them. I also don't remember Euraxia engaging into a fight in the frontlines. Well, I guess it's just a picture with no historical lore-based truth demand. An awesome one, but it is a lie depicted on it. Anyway, let it be.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We all see the moons. But look behind each of them to see the sources of light those moons cover. There are also two of them. I also don't remember Euraxia engaging into a fight in the frontlines. Well, I guess it's just a picture with no historical lore-based truth demand. An awesome one, but it is a lie depicted on it. Anyway, let it be.

No, you are wrong. Sylvermynx is correct. Let it go now.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you are wrong. Sylvermynx is correct. Let it go now.

Read it again:
    Anyway, let it be.

I've already done it. Still want to argue with me on who's right? You let it go now.

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, drop it. Lore is what ZOS and Bethesda make it.

And yes, the art is stupendous! Just wish it didn't have titles/lettering on it....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on October 31, 2019 10:20PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, generally I prefer dogs to cats, but that alfiq is amazing :D I'll use it as avatar if I could ><
    QlLNR2E.jpg
  • Gnome_Saiyan
    Gnome_Saiyan
    ✭✭✭
    I love that for once, Tharn doesn't come across as a total weeny.

...that IS Tharn, right?
    Roll your Self before you Role yourself
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think so.... he's not my favorite NPC, though this "version" is better than the previous one.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so good!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Abnur Tharn in this so much too, he's one of my very favorite characters <3
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's beautiful!
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like a typical cat, it is showing its butthole to the world. So important.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this improve server performance? No. Then it's a waste of time and money.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have always been awestruck by the high level of artwork in ESO...and lamented that the rest off the organization seems to struggle to get it's act together.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One moon eclipses the sun (large halo), the other moon reflects sunlight on the upper left side.

One sun, two moons ...
    :smile:
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also likely the last key art by that artist, who moved to a different position within ZOS. It's also his cat.

Wonder what we'll see next!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pIDZpTK.jpg

My favorite artwork from this artist.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you squint, you can see me in the background
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

One moon eclipses the sun (large halo), the other moon reflects sunlight on the upper left side.

One sun, two moons ...

I dont know why it was so hard to realize that.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucas Slominski is amazing, his key art pieces all stand out in their great detail and vitality. I'm still waiting for ZOS to release an art book with all his pieces.
    A pity that his tweet says he won't be doing any more work for ESO, though I'll be sure to follow him if he keeps making fantasy illustrations in the future.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what's a facebook?

:#
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »

One sun, two moons ...

I dont know why it was so hard to realize that.

You guys want me to explain you something? You'd both better go back to school classes of physics and study what a lighting reflection is, if you don't know but still argue on any matter just because it is your habit. Read the posts above to understand at last that this matter was closed hours ago! Don't resurrect it, damned necromancers. I say I see Secunda eclipsing the "second" sun on that picture. Such is the way it seems to be depicted there to me, such is the way I see it. You see that picture that way - that's good, no questions here. I see it differently. Is that clear for you now? There are three of you already who want to argue on tastes and viewpoints matter with me alone here - I wonder where do the likes of you come from. Read it twice before mocking again. Drop it, as Sylvermynx said it, and calm.. the hell down. Brain boxes.
  • Aloha
    Aloha
    ✭✭✭

What about the core game, can they be artists too ? Technical issues !

19261.png
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Lucas Slominski is amazing, his key art pieces all stand out in their great detail and vitality. I'm still waiting for ZOS to release an art book with all his pieces.
    A pity that his tweet says he won't be doing any more work for ESO, though I'll be sure to follow him if he keeps making fantasy illustrations in the future.

Now that's some seriously sad news. :( While he'll still stay at bethesda/zos, I wonder what will he do now... Probably a new game I don't even care to know... :(