The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The game is greater now than it was

kalunte
kalunte
✭✭✭✭✭
after playing a bit, the game definatly feels better with last update.

Too bad we had to suffer a awfull week.

gj ZoS. i have to say it =)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »

I like the balance changes too. My damage took a big hit - but it was for the best.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    !!!

<head explodes>

S.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was an average player before and I'm still an average player. So for me, feels pretty much as it always has - but with new content!
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarcasm?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one with any sense likes the yo-yo “balance” updates
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Maybe, if you limit your comment to competitive players.It depends on your playstyle, a lot of players don't even notice such changes.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Maybe, if you limit your comment to competitive players.It depends on your playstyle, a lot of players don't even notice such changes.

Find one single person of at least average skill who likes the yo-yo.

Laying out massive nerfs because the top .1% of the game population can clear content easily is idiotic, which is what ZOS did. Obviously someone doing 5k dps will feel a 20% dps loss much less than someone doing 50k dps. That doesn’t mean the 20% nerf was a good idea just because the newblets don’t notice the 1k drop off where a skilled player feels as much as 10k.
    Edited by Jhalin on October 31, 2019 1:15AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

absolutely agree 100%
    well said, i can clearly see improvements in Many ways recently with the past few patches but these last 2 have been Really Great.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My damage probably dropped some, but I can still solo some of the delve bosses. So whatever they did is fine with me. I haven't even free-respecced anyone, since I didn't know about it in time to figure out what I "might" need to do. *shrug*

I'm generally pretty adaptable.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People tend to notice when they are really strong, and then an update comes out and they are suddenly in a nursing home. :) The characters feel old. They are always out of breath. (ZOS puts the Elder back in Elder Scrolls :wink: )

The net effect is that ZOS notched down the "fun" dial a little.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 31, 2019 1:47AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Laying out massive nerfs because the top .1% of the game population can clear content easily is idiotic, which is what ZOS did. Obviously someone doing 5k dps will feel a 20% dps loss much less than someone doing 50k dps. That doesn’t mean the 20% nerf was a good idea just because the newblets don’t notice the 1k drop off where a skilled player feels as much as 10k.

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DrWhispy
    DrWhispy
    ✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »
    I was an average player before and I'm still an average player. So for me, feels pretty much as it always has - but with new content!

Totally agree. Been playing for a year and still change skills around just for fun. Sometimes in vet dungeons meta players chastise me for using caltrops but I still love the visual🤭

Mediocre DPS extraordinaire
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as is the cycle of life, everyone peed their pants over the PTS, it looked awful, everyone said it was the end of the world, zos dials it back a bit, it goes live, everyone realizes it was fine/better. You'd think we'd learn our lesson but we never will.

to be fair, the constant whiplash changes got old very fast.

overall class identity looks good this patch.

I might even argue that the cycle of madness helps us cope with it. if the pro players drop huge words on our face about how awful it is, and then it turns out not as bad but still bad, we're more likely to accept it because it's not as awful as we thought. there's a sales strategy for that.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Hapexamendios on October 31, 2019 5:59AM
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much greater, 7 crash with report submit by trying to log this morning when server are pretty empty...
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets wait and see what the weekend brings
  • horizonxael
    horizonxael
    ✭✭

I don't agree that even the mids notice the difference and I immediately noticed the mobs are tougher and do more damage
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balance is arguably better than ever.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they didn't overbuff everything in Scalebreaker, nobody would be calling this patch a nerf. Parses are almost identical to what they were in Elsweyr.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 31, 2019 6:50AM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If they didn't overbuff everything in Scalebreaker, nobody would be calling this patch a nerf. Parses are almost identical to what they were in Elsweyr.

Sorry but that’s just a lie.

Parses have the same damage, and worse sustain, and far less variety. It’s not the same, it’s just not fun
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See, and thats the problem ZOS needs to fix. There is a 1000% Gap between a bad player and a Top-Player. A Gap like that shouldnt exist. Playing your class perfectly should net you 50% more damage (double would already be a stretch ZOS may not be able to compensate). Thats why the Overlandcontent is Pisseasy and the DLC-Vetcontent barely doable.

Seriously, ESO is a running Gag in the Community because of that. I just read a Post in the SwTor-Forums where ESOs Combat was cited as the most broken in the whole Genre, because of the Damage-Gap.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    !!!

<head explodes>

S.

A lion born in captivity does not miss for freedom...
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tandor I am gonna tell you a truth that might make you feel uncomfortable. People that can't notice those differences are not affected by them in the first place so any change is irrelevant to them. Their opinion, even though respectable, is not one to be taken seriously because it is arbitary. They lack the experience and the knowledge to validate their opinions and their pov is out of the spectrum of the issue they are arguing about. They will most likely complete the content they are focused on regardless of any change. It's the same mistake gaming companies do when they listen to every member of their community withought having a solid plan of their own.
    And let me give you an example you might understand. What does a pvper know about housing or RP? Does he know the same or more than a dedicated housing or rp player? The answer is NO. So, how can he expect his opinion, on those aspects of the game, to be taken with the same gravity as the opinions of those that only do housing and rp? MMORPGs have content for everyone but not all content is for everybody.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does a pvper know about housing or RP? Does he know the same or more than a dedicated housing or rp player? The answer is NO. So, how can he expect his opinion, on those aspects of the game, to be taken with the same gravity as the opinions of those that only do housing and rp? MMORPGs have content for everyone but not all content is for everybody.
    Sarcasm alert below.
    Housing is useless and takes no skill anyone can buy a house for 100$ and decorate it and make it look pretty.

As for the actual thread topic I don't think it's better or worse but I'm here for the ride. I'd rather get to the finished product than go through small strings of class improvements and nerfs waiting a whole year to sort it out. Even with the DPS I've lost (I dropped from 30k to 24k but that's probably attributed to me getting used to the new skills worked into the rotation as well.) I enjoy the fact that I don't need caltrops on every freaking stam character anymore.

Now I just hope they continue the pattern by introducing more class abilities into Stam/Magicka variants instead of Necro's miserable like... 12 Magicka only abilities and 5 stam ones.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    My damage probably dropped some, but I can still solo some of the delve bosses.

Uuuh...I hope you meant Dungeon bosses and not Delve bosses...big difference there.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP finally cast the right bait to catch some fish! lmao
  • Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭

DEFINITELY didn't like the method, but I'm (mostly) happy with the result.
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

absolutely agree 100%
    well said, i can clearly see improvements in Many ways recently with the past few patches but these last 2 have been Really Great.

This patch was damage control of patch before, but you like them both?!?
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not really true.

Looking back at Elsweyr parses ...

Stamnecro: 102k+
    Stamsorc: 96k+
    Stamden: 97k+
    Stamblade: 95k+
    StamDK: 94k+

Every single one of those is down right now. Stamnecro is down 5-6k+ even though they got a ~60% increase in Major Vulnerability uptime in a solo parse (meaning raid DPS will decrease more than parse DPS). Stamden is down 10k. Haven't seen a stamDK or stamblade break 90k this patch.

Magicka might be in the same ballpark as it was in Elsweyr but stamina is not ... although even there sorc and templar DPS is still down pretty significantly.
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol