The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Unexpected error logging in - PC EU !

pdblake
pdblake
✭✭✭✭✭
Whatever you did clearly has not worked.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should change the message to "Expected error logging in" not "unexpected"
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've pretty much had enough now. If it's still the same when I get home from work later I'll probably not bother trying again.

A proper apology and communication other than lip service would be nice.
    Options
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    cant believe this..has to be a joke... cant log in - again
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, was able to log in after restarting a few times. (PC EU)
    This should be a real mess when more people get online.
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been trying to log on for 30 minutes and can't. Going to try and repair the game and see if that helps, if not? Well there are other games out there.
    Options
  • simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    I am in now after about 15 minutes, 9.30 cet on a Wednesday is hardly a peak time, poor hamster running in the server's weel must be tired

9.38 update: still in loading screen
    Edited by simple_specops on October 30, 2019 8:44AM
    Options
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    Yeah, I've pretty much had enough now. If it's still the same when I get home from work later I'll probably not bother trying again.

A proper apology and communication other than lip service would be nice.

This is honestly the WORST company in terms of communication, I got sent a rather passive-aggressive email regarding what I thought was fair play stating that the staff don't communicate with the people that pay their wages... They think they're untouchable, a new MMO will arise and ESO will be dropped quicker than Molag Balbag
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been trying to log on for 30 minutes and can't. Going to try and repair the game and see if that helps, if not? Well there are other games out there.

Oh in addition I have restarted the client as the client wasn't even on when this happened, I wasn't on last night and my pc was switched off.

Repairing and then three more attempts appears to have fixed it for me. For now. Still longish loading screens and it's not even noon in Europe.
    Options
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem @ZOS_GinaBruno this has been going on since 10 pm UK time last night for 2 hours, now its happening again in less than 12 hours, at 9 am uk time.

Can't rly be cus of the 'massive influx' or players, hardly anyone is on. Whats going on?
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this. It needs a response of somekind. A proper company would respond.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had no trouble to login & do the stable routine at morning.
    Just tried to login (to a char at Auridon stables) with no problem.
    Options
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battleground still broken.
    Options
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again? Are you serious?
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mizael wrote: »
    Again? Are you serious?

Doesn't seem to be everyone, and I'm at work now so no idea if it's been sorted out, but there's been no communication at all, and even when there is it's contrived lip service and not very convincing at all.

It's starting to feel like some snake-oil salesman has taken my money and run out of town overnight.
    Options
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got this error message twice, I just kept trying. 3rd time worked a charm.
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works fine for me atm, PC EU.
    But some friends are having trouble logging in.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • Kolominas
    Kolominas
    took me 4 tries before I finally got in
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DEMAND ESO WITHOUT LOGIN BUGS !

at least when i get home o:)
    Options
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unexpected Internal Error message when firing up the game. Clicking it off and ignoring it, the game runs (fine, seemingly). Something broke though, otherwise why the message?
    Options
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been coming since Late 2017/Early 2018 but all the signs were there. They want this game's population to dwindle.

The population dwindles, they go off to other games and play them for 6-12-18 months. Then the new product launch arrives. The vast majority have forgotten how terrible the support & patching was in this game was & can't wait to play Elder Scrolls 19: Walletwind.

They just had to release a Dragons + Cats chapter first to drain/squeeze out the last subscriptions & clown store reskins before the posts such as "what a great journey it's been", "thanks for playing such a great game guys" and "we'll keep the servers open until 2022 but then rip" start appearing.

What a massive waste of an Elder Scrolls Online title game. Any other development company...
    Options
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would a game developer want the population to dwindle?

If it's healthy it makes money. If despite their best efforts to keep it profitable it fails to do so, then you can worry and expect to see goodbye posts from ZoS.

They're not emotionally invested in this (as a company). If it works keep it, it doesn't bin it. Long drawn out 'force the population to dwindle' theories would just cost them money.
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    getting same error here - takes 8-10 attempts to log in
    Options
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not getting any "unexpected error". I've been expecting any error from this game.
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    R.I.P. EU server.

Maybe someone made a typo in an email and asked the data centre in Germany to DOWNgrade the servers instead of UPgrade? You know, predictive text and all that?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem is in the launcher. I got that message when starting from STEAM/Launcher as usual, but things went fine starting directly from the eso.app (I'm on Mac)
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    I think the problem is in the launcher. I got that message when starting from STEAM/Launcher as usual, but things went fine starting directly from the eso.app (I'm on Mac)

I can confirm it seems to be a steam issue. I just got in via ESO64.exe as well.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    fiender66 wrote: »

I can confirm it seems to be a steam issue. I just got in via ESO64.exe as well.

To confirm, I do play through Steam and will check when I get home. Though I must say I did notice that Steam had updated overnight, so It's likely them.

But that aside, the real problem is the lack of communcation. Still no response, even if it's just to say it's not them but Steam. No concern at all. It might be Steam, but it's ZOS's customers it's affecting.
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually there are some people on this thread reporting the same problem on XBox:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/499826/unable-to-login-your-username-or-password-may-be-incorrect-or-inactive-at-this-time/p20

Not sure if Steam has anything to do with Xbox, but I doubt it.
    Options