The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Strongest classes in dragonhold

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Murador178 wrote: »
    As a proud member of the curch of @Deplaris I did my homework and remember u guys of the most important statements:

- templar will always be the weakest class in the game, because of the skillset
    - nb can perma CC in this game, its like rogue in classic WoW
    - l2p

Lol, ever meet a magdk?

I'm torn between dks and temps but lean dk

I have never met a single templar this patch or last patch, CP or no CP that can win vs my DK that is in light armor and not at max resist, no damage shields, and no cheese gear to crutch on like hist. I wonder if I play the same game as others sometimes.

Well id imagine you allocate more than 2 skill spots for defense. Other classes lost the ability to consistently instagib, fights had to be dragged out and they just couldnt cope.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    As a proud member of the curch of @Deplaris I did my homework and remember u guys of the most important statements:

- l2p

Lol, ever meet a magdk?

I have never met a single templar this patch or last patch, CP or no CP that can win vs my DK that is in light armor and not at max resist, no damage shields, and no cheese gear to crutch on like hist. I wonder if I play the same game as others sometimes.

Most opinions on the forums are at least two patches behind.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcs, but Templars are an almost sort-of close second.

Templars were BiS in Scalebreaker because of their purge and cast and forget cc.

*I was just in a BG were 7 of the players were Sorcs, and 4 of them were in a premade*
    Edited by Canned_Apples on October 28, 2019 12:36AM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Purge, topple, heavy attack., HtD. Repeat till DK trys Ult combo (if they didnt Ult dump attempt on first combo that is) then jump on them like they owe you money. They OMM fast
    Edited by Lokey0024 on October 28, 2019 12:39AM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    dat magsorc guy must vote for templar PepeLaugh
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Well I choosed Sorc over Templar, even though I know how strong templars are.

If you can get a Magsorc, they spam Shield and streak till they are 500km away without ever running out of magicka, they have super strong ranged combo options with Curse, Frags, Rage and the almighty Meteor -> Streak stun and are just extremely annoying since a melee class can almost never reach them, you are basically defenseless and have to heal yourself permanentely against them. To reach a Magsorc is just a complete waste of ressources and time.

A Templar has to get into close combat to be at its strongest with the Jabs and Sweep, which means you can actually defend yourself as a melee class and even defeat them, before they defeat you, if you do it right.
    Edited by L_Nici on October 28, 2019 9:55PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag Templar and Mag Sorc are tops for me. Roughly equal. Both using the same old sets, so kind o boring.

Not sure on stamina yet. I have not found a good mix yet. Most of the weapon lines seem nerfed to the point that there is no good spammable - hits my Sorc and Necro badly. Other than niche bomb builds, necro is just messed up across the board.

• Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Whenever i go to Cyro or BG, i see a hordes of templars (Cyro especially). There are TOO MANY of them, even much more, than a sorcs was before shields nerfing. What tells a lot about this class. MORE TEMPLARS TO THE GOD OF TEMPLARS!
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- l2p

Lol, ever meet a magdk?

I believe it. DK's are a nightmare for me..
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_Winkle wrote: »
    Whenever i go to Cyro or BG, i see a hordes of templars (Cyro especially). There are TOO MANY of them, even much more, than a sorcs was before shields nerfing. What tells a lot about this class. MORE TEMPLARS TO THE GOD OF TEMPLARS!

How many solo Templars (like me) do you see? I think I've been only seen one straggling Templar. That should tell you that they're not that strong but that they need a team around them. 1v1, I don't think Templars are #1.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    Van_Winkle wrote: »

How many solo Templars (like me) do you see? I think I've been only seen one straggling Templar. That should tell you that they're not that strong but that they need a team around them. 1v1, I don't think Templars are #1.

I see them around sometimes, but yea not very often. Moreso in small scale.

The class I’ve seen around a lot solo these days are actually DKs.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Witar wrote: »
    Lol templar seriously? :D Have you played it?

Obviously he/she has not played Templar. Magplar lost more than 33% of it's damage. Far more than most other classes.

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling
    -No nerf to Burning Light

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

but mAgPlAr lOsT mOrE tHaN 33% oF iTs DaMaGe!!!!1 :o

People are still mad that templars were good for 3 months?!?

Sorry but in NO mmo ever is the healer ever the best pvper...
    Classes that are made to both heal & do dmg in sort of a hybridy jack of all trades, master of NONE, sure but the primary made-to-heal class...just..no
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar imo, but I don't really care. If your lagging hard, your health gets desynced or it take 3s or more to break free then all bets are off anyway!
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    JAwtunes wrote: »
    Templar imo, but I don't really care. If your lagging hard, your health gets desynced or it take 3s or more to break free then all bets are off anyway!

this
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    After playing for a bit more I think magsorc.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • iLeftyy
    iLeftyy
    Soul Shriven
    Templar
    People vote Sorc. Holy clowns.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    iLeftyy wrote: »
    People vote Sorc. Holy clowns.

All the Templar mains and fotms have to protect their class. This just turned into a other nerf sorc post, almost
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol if you dont think sorcs are in the debate. "Let's give the best kiting class with the best ranged combo, root and snare immunity on the best kiting ability in game herpderp. And let's give them the ability to match the biggest burst heal in the game! It's ok because they have the downside of having limited bar space to fit all the amazing abilities on there. That's their weakness Derp."
    Edited by technohic on November 6, 2019 3:01PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Lol if you dont think sorcs are in the debate. "Let's give the best kiting class with the best ranged combo, root and snare immunity on the best kiting ability in game herpderp. And let's give them the ability to match the biggest burst heal in the game! It's ok because they have the downside of having limited bar space to fit all the anazing abilities on there. That's their weakness Derp."

Everybody has root/snare immunity. And the abilities that give root/snare immunity are all loaded with other top tier effects.

Meh.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Lol if you dont think sorcs are in the debate. "Let's give the best kiting class with the best ranged combo, root and snare immunity on the best kiting ability in game herpderp. And let's give them the ability to match the biggest burst heal in the game! It's ok because they have the downside of having limited bar space to fit all the anazing abilities on there. That's their weakness Derp."

Everybody has root/snare immunity. And the abilities that give root/snare immunity are all loaded with other top tier effects.

Meh.

Right, but its on the best kiting tool already that also has range protection. Can't shoot them. Cant slow them down. All you can do is try to gap close spam and then pets provide a LOS block for that as well.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    Lol if you dont think sorcs are in the debate. "Let's give the best kiting class with the best ranged combo, root and snare immunity on the best kiting ability in game herpderp. And let's give them the ability to match the biggest burst heal in the game! It's ok because they have the downside of having limited bar space to fit all the amazing abilities on there. That's their weakness Derp."

Of course and to have all that I would need 10 slots in each bar. Pros and cons yes, MAGsorcs are very strong indeed this patch no argument, MAGplar strong, absolutely not. I main a stamsorc btw, and yes sometimes I get deleted before I reach either one of those two. Maybe too greedy maybe it is a l2p from my part.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    I think the issue with magplars is moreso they can cleanse all the negative effects sorcs rely on. Wrath, unblockable stun, curse, etc...

Maybe magtemplars and stamplars are stronger, IDK. I just recently started playing my magplar again and it has great sustain.

I thought MagDK before, but after messing around with it I think they’re a case of having strong abilities that can’t be spammed because of sustain issues.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 6, 2019 3:43PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    can't take these polls seriously - 90% of the population plays magsorc, is delusional, and votes other classes because .....
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Trancestor wrote: »
    1vx

Magsorc
    Stamden/Stamsorc
    Stamdk/Stamplar
    Magplar
    Stamblade
    Magdk
    Magden
    Stamcro
    Magblade
    Magcro

BG's

Magden
    Magplar
    Stamden
    Magdk
    Magsorc
    Stamplar
    Stamdk/Stamsorc
    Stamcro
    Stamblade
    Magcro
    Magblade

Too hard to say tho this early tbh

In bg, magblade is last.

I am a magblade, and only do bg.

My misery is real.

TYVM ZOS!!!
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ow

mag sorc - defensive rune, bol, shield, curse

stam dk
    stamplar

stam sorc
    stam nb
    stamwarden

magplar
    magblade
    stamcro
    magcro

Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonhold is a weak patch for Templar, most of the votes are residual hate leftover from scalebreaker (which did favor Templar). The meta will catch up eventually, but for now I’m having a good time on the necro and playing my temp a bit less than usual.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on November 8, 2019 3:29PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    Ow

mag sorc - defensive rune, bol, shield, curse

stam dk
    stamplar

stam sorc
    stam nb
    stamwarden

magplar
    magblade
    stamcro
    magcro

I mostly agree, but I’ve seen some crazy tanky MagDKs with mist with decent burst. No idea how they do it.

Magcro/Stamcro is hard to judge, the people who’ve stuck with it and optimized it do well but there aren’t a lot.

Magtemplar is a touch stronger then you have them.

DKs are weird, might be the class or the player because those that play them a lot are good with them. It’s hard to differentiate the player from the class.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Iskiab
    In ow i havent run into many mg dks since the new patch, and if they have more than 35k health i run past.
    When i was zergin yeah but not solo small scale.

Magplars were much more dangerous than they are.
    Entropy/bane nerfs maimed their range threat. Pl means little without damage to fill it.

They have access to meteor but otherwise im not seeing it sorry. They are too easily ranged/kited/controlled.

Only niche magplar builds have escapability in them.

The stamsorc/nb mechanics trump magplar in ow while being able to dish out similar or higher damage.

sanguinare vampiris

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    @Iskiab
    In ow i havent run into many mg dks since the new patch, and if they have more than 35k health i run past.
    When i was zergin yeah but not solo small scale.

Magplars were much more dangerous than they are.
    Entropy/bane nerfs maimed their range threat. Pl means little without damage to fill it.

They have access to meteor but otherwise im not seeing it sorry. They are too easily ranged/kited/controlled.

Only niche magplar builds have escapability in them.

The stamsorc/nb mechanics trump magplar in ow while being able to dish out similar or higher damage.

Are you PC-NA? I’ve noticed that the servers are different, and even time of day make a big difference.

The MagDK I saw was tanking 10-15 players kiting around. He really didn’t pose a threat to the group, but I won’t lie I was impressed he could survive as long as he did using mist.

Most of the Templar things you’ve mentioned you can attribute to the player. Players tend to build around the class’ strength rather then to cover a weakness. You can build a templar to be as fast as a stamsorc if you wanted to using vampire, it’s just most don’t. I don’t think you can blame the class for that. The only thing that really makes them slow is you’re slowed down when you’re channeling abilities.

I’m also seeing less NBs rather than more. They’re still largely ineffective popping out of stealth while other people are fighting and disappearing again, but I haven’t seen a lot of snipe spammers. Maybe people building tankier has stopped snipe health desyncs sometimes cheesing a kill.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 8, 2019 5:41PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Most of the Templar things you’ve mentioned you can attribute to the player. Players tend to build around the class’ strength rather then to cover a weakness. You can build a templar to be as fast as a stamsorc if you wanted to using vampire, it’s just most don’t. I don’t think you can blame the class for that. The only thing that really makes them slow is you’re slowed down when you’re channeling abilities.

I’m also seeing less NBs rather than more. They’re still largely ineffective popping out of stealth while other people are fighting and disappearing again, but I haven’t seen a lot of snipe spammers. Maybe people building tankier has stopped snipe health desyncs sometimes cheesing a kill.

Appeal of the stamblade is easy killing capacity + quick get away. That's the extent of the class kit. The character kit is broader ofc.

You get "easy killing" against particular people, a portion of which is a sort more or less disappearing from cp cyrodiil, (99/100 players i go against are cp 810) -- those that don't know so well. But it's others that like that too. The ow pvpers that build to kill and because of the game's balance tend to be killable too. Not glass cannons because a noob can get real lucky against a true glass cannon, not true tanks because a true pvp tank can afk and survive one player. This section of pvp is much smaller admittedly and my experience more limited still. It was obvious to me magplar became weaker without its ranged threat. On my stamblade At no point do i think "i HAVE to close the gap" this magplar is pressuring me too much with his or her three dots, i better change this fight. That was a strength last patch. My stamblade and magblade can still 100-10% any nontank from stealth and from range with a decent combo. Good blades will tell you the same.

From all the classes above magplar, there's a good chance either my attack won't be effective or it will be met with stronger counter attack, at range specifically.

Example, stamdk nulls ranged. Stamsorc closes the gap best. Magsorc pwns. Stamplar has stam mobility and magicka purify and a lot of reason to use brp.

sanguinare vampiris