Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Strongest classes in dragonhold

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
i know its early but i want to see everyones thoughts in the class hierarchy in dragonhold.
Please vote depending on how strong it is overall, not just on 1 factor.
i would do mag and stam variants of each class but cant have more than 10 poll options

Strongest classes in dragonhold 195 votes

DragonKnight
12%
NyteshadeJWillCHSmartinhpb16_ESObooksmcreadDr_GanknsteinlostcloudcopitoFearlessOne_2014EirellaDionysusStibbonsZabagadValdekTuborgian1818evonieeIskiabbeadabowfboursLuedeDinokstrun 25 votes
Sorcerer
22%
sabresandiego_ESOAlomarjonathanb16_ESOSarousseKoensolDavadinanitajoneb17_ESOSureshawtRhaegar75kollege14a5BoaNoiteSolace1981Ariades_sweDrdeath20UrbanMonkTommy_The_Gun6lackzeu5NelothxAlucardx92PatBotMagier 44 votes
Nightblade
5%
ShaloknirSirDopeyAnyronAki-RalMurador178PhoenixGreyrabidmyersTitanzincJohnKatoFawn4287Joinovikova 11 votes
Templar
41%
hunterleedixon_ESOExpertdeepseamk20b14_ESOiluvatariskaithuzarIruil_ESOWillhelmBlackkillingspreeb16_ESOLADYKiLLERmertusta_Proteus_wsmith97ub17_ESOczarDaemonaiOtarTheMadMinalanArgoCyefelinith66MayraelDerra 81 votes
Warden
11%
WitarCheloGoregrinderpavlaprovazFluffy_Fr0zRNBrookusAmourerosReckyZaNeoauspexJierdanitxylena_lazarowKurtAngle2SilverPawsCoggoBaccaroodaPrax3desAppohackdrag0nJinxxNDchrightt 22 votes
Necromancer
6%
AzuryaMaulkinTonturriParrot1986russelmmendozaIlCanis_LupuslICielster_WoodmaulesehuschdeguddzjeJadonSkyMrsinister2BeamsForDemaciaAsatryon 12 votes
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    It’s a bit early, but I’d say: DK > Sorc = Templar = Warden as a guess at this point.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 23, 2019 2:24AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For playing an offense-oriented character without a premade group, I'd say that Magicka Necromancer is dead last, by a fairly significant margin. Beyond that, I couldn't give an exact hierarchy right now, though Stamina Templar, DK, and Warden are probably competing for #1, along with perhaps Mag Sorc or DK.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Lol templar seriously? :D Have you played it?
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    Witar wrote: »

Obviously he/she has not played Templar. Magplar lost more than 33% of it's damage. Far more than most other classes.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    For playing an offense-oriented character without a premade group, I'd say that Magicka Necromancer is dead last, by a fairly significant margin. Beyond that, I couldn't give an exact hierarchy right now, though Stamina Templar, DK, and Warden are probably competing for #1, along with perhaps Mag Sorc or DK.

Have you tried a harmony bomber? I always wondered if it would work in BGs. There’s one dude in cyrodiil who hits me for 16k pretty consistently.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 23, 2019 12:38PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar

Obviously he/she has not played Templar. Magplar lost more than 33% of it's damage. Far more than most other classes.

How did they lose 33%?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling
    -No nerf to Burning Light

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

but mAgPlAr lOsT mOrE tHaN 33% oF iTs DaMaGe!!!!1 :o
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    My Warden is running a close second, but of the classes I have played, my Stam DK is hitting the highest dps. Warden has better heals though.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    TheYKcid wrote: »

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

Didn't you know? Flat nerf to everyones dots is just a magplar nerf.
    PS4 EU DC

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    I like to troll, some times
    EU | PC | AD
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

People are still mad that templars were good for 3 months?!?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

Seems the exact opposite.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    i would do mag and stam variants of each class but cant have more than 10 poll options

you could safely exclude necromancer from the poll and add stamina/magicka versions instead

• Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templars are landing 5-8k burning light procs, i think the passive is such a broken ability. I hate the leadership of this game, and have quit and moved on to a newer game that ESO would ban me for saying. :P
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

You don't have to be mad, the fact that templar was steonger than most classes in scalevreaker was actually a fact, nobody can deny it. Now how every, depending on your allocation to CP for teomplar, if you choose direct dmg, templar will still be strong, if you choose dots allocation, your dmg will drop quite a lot like other classes in exception to DK and necrancers. Stamden this patch is very close to magplar in dmg and survivability, then stamplar.
    Edited by universal_wrath on October 24, 2019 7:56AM
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    1vx

Magsorc
    Stamden/Stamsorc
    Stamdk/Stamplar
    Magplar
    Stamblade
    Magdk
    Magden
    Stamcro
    Magblade
    Magcro

BG's

Magden
    Magplar
    Stamden
    Magdk
    Magsorc
    Stamplar
    Stamdk/Stamsorc
    Stamcro
    Stamblade
    Magcro
    Magblade

Too hard to say tho this early tbh
    Edited by Trancestor on October 24, 2019 8:17AM
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    My stamsorc is really, really strong this patch. More burst, more survivability, it's awesome.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Boom baby!

58% extra crit dmg, minor prot, huge resource pool with excellent regen, heals for days. And only a maybe 1% reduction in damage from "rebalance". I leveled my guy up asap.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on October 26, 2019 4:39PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

When the majority of your skills are dots and your spammable changes from a dot to direct damage making you spread your points out more, then yes it’s more than 33 percent. You don’t have to be a math wiz to realize that, but you do have to be biased to not see it.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

When the majority of your skills are dots and your spammable changes from a dot to direct damage making you spread your points out more, then yes it’s more than 33 percent. You don’t have to be a math wiz to realize that, but you do have to be biased to not see it.

but now burning light will deal more damage, along with their ult.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

You're losing 33% dot dmg from cp? When with how cp scales you should have some into direct dmg anyway. The dot nerf of the actual skills is across the board, the only real 'nerf' is sweep changes I guess but it's not 33% dmg reduction.
    PS4 EU DC

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

Yeah while reducing the amount of playstyles available, but you guys wonder why everyone uses the same thing. Every class should be about flexibility, not pigeonholing into the same style of play. So you’re just as responsible as the devs are when it comes to homogenization. They could’ve simply left sweeps/jabs function alone. Now all it promotes is a 100 to 0 burst gameplay, which is more healthy for the game I guess? Don’t be surprised when people finally figure out more cancerous builds and everyone is getting one banged.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

Yeah while reducing the amount of playstyles available, but you guys wonder why everyone uses the same thing. Every class should be about flexibility, not pigeonholing into the same style of play. So you’re just as responsible as the devs are when it comes to homogenization. They could’ve simply left sweeps/jabs function alone. Now all it promotes is a 100 to 0 burst gameplay, which is more healthy for the game I guess? Don’t be surprised when people finally figure out more cancerous builds and everyone is getting one banged.

umm...
    never said i liked it.
    every dot lost 30% damage.
    but players adapt.
    obviously a scalebreaker build will suck in dragonhold. SO? its an outdated build.
    i lost damage on my warden and my nightblade. SO ill build more burst on my nb to counter it. (still dont know about warden)

but as you are clearly just a salty magplar ill just let you be.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

umm...
    never said i liked it.
    every dot lost 30% damage.
    but players adapt.
    obviously a scalebreaker build will suck in dragonhold. SO? its an outdated build.
    i lost damage on my warden and my nightblade. SO ill build more burst on my nb to counter it. (still dont know about warden)

but as you are clearly just a salty magplar ill just let you be.

I play more than one class but thanks very profound.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

You’re also forgetting that now defensive cp’s won’t decrease sweeps damage from both direct and dot damage cps. Now your opponents direct damage cp will be the only thing reducing the damage
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    My stamblade solo is less mobile this patch. Having to stack a lot of front end damage and it needs a lot of positioning.

Group wise its good for getting kb's but not as much fun to play. I have had to drop a lot of skills and had to go back to relying on basic skills. It feels like more than a step back.

Trying to adapt.

Healy DKs are insane at the moment.

At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    As a proud member of the curch of @Deplaris I did my homework and remember u guys of the most important statements:

- templar will always be the weakest class in the game, because of the skillset
    - nb can perma CC in this game, its like rogue in classic WoW
    - l2p
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar

-No nerf to Sweeps
    -No nerf to Crescent
    -No nerf to Toppling

-Buff to Purifying
    -Buff to Javelin

I have 66 into middle tree direct, 75 into tharm still. You can't make up for the 10% loss on ALL abilities just by dividing up amongst the other CP points.

And the after pulse from Cresent is still a DoT, right? I've lost maybe 1% dmg from before.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on October 27, 2019 12:47AM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DragonKnight
    Murador178 wrote: »
    As a proud member of the curch of @Deplaris I did my homework and remember u guys of the most important statements:

- l2p

Lol, ever meet a magdk?

I'm torn between dks and temps but lean dk
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on October 27, 2019 4:37PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »

- l2p

Lol, ever meet a magdk?

I'm torn between dks and temps but lean dk

I have never met a single templar this patch or last patch, CP or no CP that can win vs my DK that is in light armor and not at max resist, no damage shields, and no cheese gear to crutch on like hist. I wonder if I play the same game as others sometimes.