The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stam Sorc Bound Armaments

MashmalloMan
MashmalloMan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I know this is a bit late, but ZOS please consider changing the passive element of Bound Armaments to the active portion or moving it entirely to the Daedric Summon Passives. I know many people may be against this because who wouldn't want to do nothing to get that statistical advantage, but the passives here are almost nescessary to keep Stam Sorc's competitive. The passives force the player to double bar the ability so it's active on both bars since there isn't any actual better alternative when you consider you lose a chunk of your passive damage to slot something else.

If we can't have max stam/light attack damage as a skill line passive, then at least make it exist when the Bound Armaments buff is active. That's all.

We've seen from your comments about Flawless Dawnbreaker and Northern Storm, you're trying to move away from skills slotted just for passives. Please consider this in your overall Stam Sorc idenity pass (which I hope isn't over).

I really hope this isn't all you came up with for Stam Sorc's. No change to passives? No new ability? We already had Bound Armaments, it's nice to be able to finally use it, but there is still a ton of abilities we don't touch. Do you expect people to use Clanfear with it's crazy low tooltip? I was actually hoping it could of been a nice Stam Sorc Ranged option for people interested in bow/bow, but it's completely pointless with how weak it is. Still no dedicated Stam Sorc ult out of 6. Please remind me why there needs to be 5/6 Magicka based ults? Still many uninteresting and lack luster passives or passives completely unusable to a Stam Sorc.

I'm sure Stam Sorc is better than ever, but it's seriously still lacking a real soul. Consider this small change.
Edited by MashmalloMan on October 22, 2019 2:14AM
PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a stamsorc I think the way it currently is is perfectly fine. BA’s bonus should be there because you slot BA. Remember BA is in daedric summoning tree so you can get 20% health regen and Stam regen. Yes, mag sorcerers can get it too but it is definitely more valuable for Stam sorcs. We end up with a situation where we slot the pet, BA on one bar atro ultimate on another, or BA on both bars. Even without dizzying swing I think stamsorc is in a really good spot this patch.

P.S try playing a bow front bar stam sorc. It is actually pretty amazing.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    As a stamsorc I think the way it currently is is perfectly fine. BA’s bonus should be there because you slot BA. Remember BA is in daedric summoning tree so you can get 20% health regen and Stam regen. Yes, mag sorcerers can get it too but it is definitely more valuable for Stam sorcs. We end up with a situation where we slot the pet, BA on one bar atro ultimate on another, or BA on both bars. Even without dizzying swing I think stamsorc is in a really good spot this patch.

I don't think the OP is trying to take away from slotting BA but rather making it so when you active the ability, you gain the passive effects. It is in line with the mentioned changes to Northern Storm and Flawless Dawnbreaker and would allow you to free up a slot on the back bar while still maintaining the skull's current passive benefits. For Stam Sorc at least, a lot generally backbar slot Storm Atronach, so coupled with BA on the front bar, you're benefitting from the Daedric Summoning passive still.

I actually like the suggestion myself.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »
    chrightt wrote: »

I don't think the OP is trying to take away from slotting BA but rather making it so when you active the ability, you gain the passive effects. It is in line with the mentioned changes to Northern Storm and Flawless Dawnbreaker and would allow you to free up a slot on the back bar while still maintaining the skull's current passive benefits. For Stam Sorc at least, a lot generally backbar slot Storm Atronach, so coupled with BA on the front bar, you're benefitting from the Daedric Summoning passive still.

I actually like the suggestion myself.

Yeah, I realized that was one of the suggestions. I would say the issue with doing that is that the passive bonus will be tuned down because it is currently balanced precisely because you need to slot it. If the passive bonus stuck with the buff they’ll probably nerf the stam/light attack bonus so I would prefer it to be a passive like it now is. I guess both ways would work.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, passively providing a bonus just for the sake of slotting something is not only questionable because it requires no effort, cost or use of a GCD to benefit from it, especially a bonus as substantial as BA's, but is also something ZOS has been fazing out as is. If you're using any of the aforementioned as opposed to simply benefitting without doing anything, I'd think that's cause for a nerf in it's own right. Especially given its similarities to the old Relentless Focus, which was deemed overloaded despite its effects requiring actual activation.

Others have pointed this out since it was reworked and I agree technically. I personally just wouldn't want it getting cut down to nothing as I foresee but then again the combat is hella inconsistent so.
  • blee88
    blee88
    ✭✭
    The daggers are almost impossible to see in a dungeon setting, or pvp.
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    blee88 wrote: »

https://esoui.com/downloads/info1536-ActionDurationReminder.html

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    blee88 wrote: »

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2470-BoundArmamentsCounter.html

This is the most obvious it can get.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • karios525
    karios525
    ✭✭✭
    No leave it as is, stam sorcs have virtually no class identity as it is thanks to the combat teams 'out of touch' idiotic view on the class.If you want it baked into passives, then how about the same for inner light and the fighters guild. Give up nobody will aagree with you