Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
Maintenance for the week of January 20:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

"One man army": videos and guides about how to solo world bosses and dungeons as a mediocre player!

Vahrokh
Vahrokh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
There are dozens of world bosses, delves, dungeons in this game. All of them behave differently.

World bosses and dungeons are group content. They often hold precious gear drops, motifs, achievements.

Not all of them require a full group to be completed. Actually, a number of them can be done in solo.

What are the benefits of "soloing" group content?
  • Group content usually drops better items than solo content.
  • You can get your kills even in old ESO areas that nobody cares to visit any more.
  • You can get your stuff done without waiting in group finder queue for 1 hour. Especially good for a DPS!
  • You can do stuff when nobody else in your guild is online.
  • You can enjoy the full stories. No more instance kicking in the middle of a cinematic, because everyone else rushed to the last boss and just left.
  • You learn various tricks about your class you wouldn't learn if you always "tagged along".
  • You always wanted to challenge yourself: now you got something to prove your mettle!

It's now clear that you could try this different way of playing ESO and achieve the benefits above.

My new Elder Scrolls Online section on Youtube wants to show you exactly this: how to solo stuff.

As of today there are a number of videos showing solo world bosses kills.
I have begun to add fully commented guides about how to solo them.

Please bear with me: English is my fourth language and my spelling is not very good. I have added closed captions to make it as simple as possible to understand the concepts explained.

Another, huge advantage of watching my guides: they have been created with the average player in mind and to be done cheap and with low effort.

Yes, you read it right. You won't see the top server guild guy playing on super-duper gear on the PTS server.
You won't see someone who had to grind endless dungeons and trials to get the exclusive 1% elite gear that allows him to survive where you'd die.
You won't see a "you do 20k DPS but I can do 100k DPS on the same character" dude that only seems to exist on Youtube.
You won't see someone burning through 30k worth of potions and food to show you how to solo content.
You won't see someone fantastically weaving light attacks, with custom tailored champion points, min maxed "best rotation" or a "meta spec".

What you will see is just someone like you, playing either a decently geared character (Vaerah) or an absolutely awful geared alt (Ayelynn) and still do it, steady and slow, no pressure, no special skills, nothing.
Both characters are using an absolutely non optimal rotation. Ayelynn does not have a Maelstrom weapon. She does not even have "full gold" gear! Only stuff you can get in 10 minutes at any guild vendor.

Unless it's absolutely crucial, no potions are ever used at all. Not even the low power ones that drop from NPCs.
No gold food. Just self crafted food (six gold a piece!) or food that is given to everyone for free as login reward.

Basically, these guides are made for the common, average guy, who has got his / her average or bad character and wants to try something new without spending a lot or without being a skill hero.

I am going to post the next guides after the new, "nerfs galore" patch goes live. So that you won't see guides made with the high DPS possible today, that make everything easier.

I hope you'll have the same fun soloing content with my guides as I have when I make them!

My ESO Youtube playlist.
Vaerah, Dark Elf Magicka Sorceress

Trials addict, soloer extraordinaire!

Here are my Elder Scrolls Online videos
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    Thanks, I’ve checked some of your videos out and your efforts are appreciated! Especially since you’ve made the effort to make them for the average player who may not have the best gear or gold food/drink. A novel approach.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Granicus wrote: »
    Thanks, I’ve checked some of your videos out and your efforts are appreciated! Especially since you’ve made the effort to make them for the average player who may not have the best gear or gold food/drink. A novel approach.

Thank you! I have been asked to post videos with builds and tactics, I am already recording them!

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A little update:

I purchased a good "youtuber" microphone, so that I can talk on the videos.

The other 2 microphones I had were so cringe worthy (metallic voice, echoes, noise etc.) that would achieve nothing but ruin the videos commentary.

Yesterday it finally arrived, so I can start recording stuff now.

If you have any boss kill request please ask for it below.

Take into account that I need time to record kills, because 95% of the time (!!!), somebody comes in while I am soloing the boss and then I have to scrap the recording and do it again.

• adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be worthwhile to do the recording on PTS - just to ensure you get the solo kill.
    Ray
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Might be worthwhile to do the recording on PTS - just to ensure you get the solo kill.

I have tried that but I did not like it.
    • First of all I have to install and update two games. The installer is unreliable as is, I don't want to try my luck and risk having to re-download two full games at every minor patch.
    • Then, they regularly wipe the characters. I have an extremely small amount of time to play as is, spending half an hour re-crafting stuff or opening NN sets to find my pieces is way too inefficient.
    • I love my addons and PTS can easily break them.
    • PTS does not "feel natural". It's oddly lagging or whatever.
    • My solo adventures are a portion of a time-optimized routine, where I consume rested time and get motifs etc. by doing bosses. Going to PTS is a waste of that time.
    • Yes I mentioned "time" many times. Time is precious. "Proper Youtubers" invest time to get fame and monetization. I am not after either, I won't make 1 dollar out of Youtube, therefore I try minimizing time as much as possible. Editing the videos takes me 2-3 hours each as is.

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

I have just uploaded a "Kiting Limenaurus world boss" video.
    Many die to it, because they go head to head with him. As a ranged character, you can predict and avoid a lot of damage by kiting the dude as much as possible.

I have been very busy as of late, so I did not have time to sit down and edit the footage I have taken during Dragonhold. Hopefully I am going to reduce the backlog in the coming weeks.

I have footage ready for adding voice comments too, but it'll take time.
    Creating a "voice-less" videos takes me 2-3 hours, creating a voice-over video takes 8+!

• fiender66
    fiender66
    Thanks @Vahrokh. That is exactly what I was after.
    That silly google search on YT never showed me your channel. I'll sub for sure
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this! I will be interested to see if you do any guides to soloing various dungeons.
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭
    I avsolutely freaking LOVE this idea bro. Gonna sub! 👍
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am super curious about what dungeons are possible to solo!
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am super curious about what dungeons are possible to solo!

I would also be interested in seeing dungeons being soloed.

For World Bosses, the bosses for any of the dailies would be great such as Gold Coast( arena), Hew's Bane, Morrowind, Summerset, any newer bosses that have dailies attached to them as it can be a real pain waiting for enough people to show up to do these bosses.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys thank you!

I am very heavy on Gold Coast and Summerset bosses. I do and redo most of them each expansion / DLC and have some kills being under editing as we speak.

As for soloing dungeons, it used to be from easy to challenging before the repeated sustain nerfs.
    I'll see what can be done in this regard.

Can't promise it'll be quick, I need 48 hours to do my stuff a day as is.