Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"One man army": videos about how to solo world bosses and dungeons even as a very average player!

Vahrokh
Vahrokh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
There are dozens of world bosses, delves, dungeons in this game. All of them behave differently.

World bosses and dungeons are group content. They often hold precious gear drops, motifs, achievements.

Not all of them require a full group to be completed. Actually, a number of them can be done in solo.

What are the benefits of "soloing" group content?
  • Group content usually drops better items than solo content.
  • You can get your kills even in old ESO areas that nobody cares to visit any more.
  • You can get your stuff done without waiting in group finder queue for 1 hour. Especially good for a DPS!
  • You can do stuff when nobody else in your guild is online.
  • You can enjoy the full stories. No more instance kicking in the middle of a cinematic, because everyone else rushed to the last boss and just left.
  • You learn various tricks about your class you wouldn't learn if you always "tagged along".
  • You always wanted to challenge yourself: now you got something to prove your mettle!

It's now clear that you could try this different way of playing ESO and achieve the benefits above.

My new Elder Scrolls Online section on Youtube wants to show you exactly this: how to solo stuff.

As of today there are a number of videos showing solo world bosses kills.
I have begun to add fully commented guides about how to solo them.

Please bear with me: English is my fourth language and my spelling is not very good. I have added closed captions to make it as simple as possible to understand the concepts explained.

Another, huge advantage of watching my guides: they have been created with the average player in mind and to be done cheap and with low effort.

Yes, you read it right. You won't see the top server guild guy playing on super-duper gear on the PTS server.
You won't see someone who had to grind endless dungeons and trials to get the exclusive 1% elite gear that allows him to survive where you'd die.
You won't see a "you do 20k DPS but I can do 100k DPS on the same character" dude that only seems to exist on Youtube.
You won't see someone burning through 30k worth of potions and food to show you how to solo content.
You won't see someone fantastically weaving light attacks, with custom tailored champion points, min maxed "best rotation" or a "meta spec".

What you will see is just someone like you, playing either a decently geared character (Vaerah) or an absolutely awful geared alt (Ayelynn) and still do it, steady and slow, no pressure, no special skills, nothing.
Both characters are using an absolutely non optimal rotation. Ayelynn does not have a Maelstrom weapon. She does not even have "full gold" gear! Only stuff you can get in 10 minutes at any guild vendor.

Unless it's absolutely crucial, no potions are ever used at all. Not even the low power ones that drop from NPCs.
No gold food. Just self crafted food (six gold a piece!) or food that is given to everyone for free as login reward.

Basically, these guides are made for the common, average guy, who has got his / her average or bad character and wants to try something new without spending a lot or without being a skill hero.

I am going to post the next guides after the new, "nerfs galore" patch goes live. So that you won't see guides made with the high DPS possible today, that make everything easier.

I hope you'll have the same fun soloing content with my guides as I have when I make them!

My ESO Youtube playlist.
Edited by Vahrokh on February 18, 2020 10:05PM
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I’ve checked some of your videos out and your efforts are appreciated! Especially since you’ve made the effort to make them for the average player who may not have the best gear or gold food/drink. A novel approach.
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Granicus wrote: »
    Thanks, I’ve checked some of your videos out and your efforts are appreciated! Especially since you’ve made the effort to make them for the average player who may not have the best gear or gold food/drink. A novel approach.

Thank you! I have been asked to post videos with builds and tactics, I am already recording them!
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A little update:

I purchased a good "youtuber" microphone, so that I can talk on the videos.

The other 2 microphones I had were so cringe worthy (metallic voice, echoes, noise etc.) that would achieve nothing but ruin the videos commentary.

Yesterday it finally arrived, so I can start recording stuff now.

If you have any boss kill request please ask for it below.

Take into account that I need time to record kills, because 95% of the time (!!!), somebody comes in while I am soloing the boss and then I have to scrap the recording and do it again.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be worthwhile to do the recording on PTS - just to ensure you get the solo kill.
    Ray
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Might be worthwhile to do the recording on PTS - just to ensure you get the solo kill.

I have tried that but I did not like it.
    • First of all I have to install and update two games. The installer is unreliable as is, I don't want to try my luck and risk having to re-download two full games at every minor patch.
    • Then, they regularly wipe the characters. I have an extremely small amount of time to play as is, spending half an hour re-crafting stuff or opening NN sets to find my pieces is way too inefficient.
    • I love my addons and PTS can easily break them.
    • PTS does not "feel natural". It's oddly lagging or whatever.
    • My solo adventures are a portion of a time-optimized routine, where I consume rested time and get motifs etc. by doing bosses. Going to PTS is a waste of that time.
    • Yes I mentioned "time" many times. Time is precious. "Proper Youtubers" invest time to get fame and monetization. I am not after either, I won't make 1 dollar out of Youtube, therefore I try minimizing time as much as possible. Editing the videos takes me 2-3 hours each as is.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

I have just uploaded a "Kiting Limenaurus world boss" video.
    Many die to it, because they go head to head with him. As a ranged character, you can predict and avoid a lot of damage by kiting the dude as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6FTN6gtZ0

I have been very busy as of late, so I did not have time to sit down and edit the footage I have taken during Dragonhold. Hopefully I am going to reduce the backlog in the coming weeks.

I have footage ready for adding voice comments too, but it'll take time.
    Creating a "voice-less" videos takes me 2-3 hours, creating a voice-over video takes 8+!
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Vahrokh. That is exactly what I was after.
    That silly google search on YT never showed me your channel. I'll sub for sure
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this! I will be interested to see if you do any guides to soloing various dungeons.
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I avsolutely freaking LOVE this idea bro. Gonna sub! 👍
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am super curious about what dungeons are possible to solo!
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am super curious about what dungeons are possible to solo!

I would also be interested in seeing dungeons being soloed.

For World Bosses, the bosses for any of the dailies would be great such as Gold Coast( arena), Hew's Bane, Morrowind, Summerset, any newer bosses that have dailies attached to them as it can be a real pain waiting for enough people to show up to do these bosses.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys thank you!

I am very heavy on Gold Coast and Summerset bosses. I do and redo most of them each expansion / DLC and have some kills being under editing as we speak.

As for soloing dungeons, it used to be from easy to challenging before the repeated sustain nerfs.
    I'll see what can be done in this regard.

Can't promise it'll be quick, I need 48 hours to do my stuff a day as is.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have posted two new world boss kill videos, along with quick tips about how to defeat them.
    They are bosses of the basic game, are not really hard, so they can be attempted by newer players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCW14oV8suc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taV1sr_e1Ug
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another video from the same region (Reaper's March):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Hf0J2v8Pg
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorceress soloes Gryphon Run (Haeliata and Nagravia) [Vaerah]

This one is special. These twin gryphon bosses are damn hard compared to the rest of the game. I'd say they are definitely in the top 5.
    Even when done in a group, usually several people die.

Soloing them is no joke and this is why I strongly suggest to try soloing most other bosses before attempting these.

Just look at the video length: close to 10 minutes of gruelling dodging, shielding and so on vs 1:30 of other bosses!

Does not help the fact that most of the many special attacks are 1 shot and the others are hard hitters anyway.

Only bosses in game to throw hard-to-see floor damage that - only bosses in game - have "autofollow" on you, get to you and own you so hard and so fast.

At the end of the video I slowed down, because my arm was tired!

To make it as hard as possible on me, I did NOT use potions, did NOT use vMA staff, did NOT use Iceheart set, did NOT use a regen set.

Just hard facetanking with the same gear I used in trials for years.

Anyway, gear and build are provided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_FOtyAEhg
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Added more videos.
    The last is good for new players: soloing Dirge of Thorns and Ravenous Loam, which can be found in Deathsong Cleft, in Reapers March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQf62wtLQuM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Next video: soloing the Wily Kee'va boss, which can be found in Talon Gulch, in Northern Elsweyr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky3Eae3u7Zc
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New video: soloing the Zalsheem boss, which can be found in Nightmare Pleateau, in Northern Elsweyr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGCFimcsngs
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New video: soloing the "Na'ruzz the Boneweaver" world boss, which can be found in The Bone Pit, in Northern Elsweyr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJwpa1tgJOQ
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can I get a solo dragon stamplar or mag necro build?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    can I get a solo dragon stamplar or mag necro build?

I am sorry, I only play magicka sorceresses. I suggest you check some Youtuber channel for suitable builds. For example, I think Xynode has both his own solo magsorc build but also other classes solo builds.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New video, with build and gear: ESO - Dragonhold - Magicka Sorceress soloes Kvatch Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqZoqI3xOc
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New video: Dragonhold: Magicka sorceress Vaerah soloes the minotaur "Limenauruus" world boss, which can be found in The Gold Coast.
    At the end of the video, build and gear are shown.

To make it more challenging, *NO FOOD* was used, *NO POTION*, *NO SHIELD* monster set, nothing. Just pure, unbuffed 11k health and as low magicka and stamina as possible!

With 11k health, every hit, every shot, every spike is a one shot death or close to.
    The encounter has been sped up in some portions, to avoid you to sit through some boring segments.

Video features only this channel gives you:
    - No great gear. Just stuff that can be obtained on guild traders or a guild bank.
    - No animation cancelling, no DLC skills.
    - No vMA staff, no special enchants, nothing.
    - No fancy / flexible rotation or difficult build. Just a very newbie friendly, heavy attack pet build with a "1 2 3 4" rotation.
    - I kept the Ilambris monster set. It's not a big deal and could easily be replaced by another set or by regular gear.
    - I used no potions.
    - I used no food of any kind.
    - No special aerobatic skills.

Nota Bene: Limenauruus is not an easy boss to solo even when fully buffed. With no food it's really hard, especially if you don't have deep knowledge of the encounter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXRoFYFDZss
    Edited by Vahrokh on February 20, 2020 10:57PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New video: Dragonhold - Magicka Sorceress soloes Wuyuvus

Depending on your class, this boss can be from moderately difficult to extremely difficult. Magicka sorcerers don't have a lot of tools to deal with his stun + killer life leech.
    Here's show one way you can try solo it. It's *NOT* for the faint of heart! Watch my health going down to 3% a lot of time!
    To explain how though this can be, just look at a guy joining the encounter towards the end of the fight. He gets melted again and again, that's why I still call this "solo" as perma-ressing is not exactly helpful.

Keys to kill Wuyuvus are:
    - Block its attack.
    - When Wuyuvus "jumps up", dodge roll. This way you avoid getting hit when it lands.
    - *** VITAL *** Slot an ultra-heavy AoE ultimate and use an AoE setup anyway.
    - *** VITAL *** Have 18k+ health or you shall just die.
    - When screen turns into a fog, AoE kill the adds, but do *NOT* use the ultimate when it's ready. Use it when I show it in the video!
    - Kill the adds at around the center of the cave, it will help later, when Wuyuvus appears again.
    - *** VITAL *** Before the last adds die, you *** MUST *** have all your DoTs ticking, else Wuyuvus killer life leech will obliterate you.

Video features only this channel gives you:
    - No great gear. Just stuff that can be obtained on guild traders or a guild bank.
    - No vMA staff.
    - No animation cancelling, no DLC skills.
    - No special enchants, nothing.
    - No fancy / flexible fotation or difficult build. Just a very newbie friendly, heavy attack pet build with a "1 2 3 4" rotation.
    - I kept the Ilambris monster set. It's not a big deal and could easily be replaced by another set or by regular gear.
    - I used no potions.
    - I used food you get as daily reward or the cheapest blue food.
    - No special aerobatic skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAkuGmnLOrY