The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS killed my DragonKnight

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I play to have fun. I like the story, I like the open world, and life is too freakin' short to spend it obsessively planning a buy-the-numbers "build" that follows someone else's set rules about what you need to do this or that. Life is for DAMN sure too short to spend it reading through the mountains of patch notes issued from on high, and going "OOH! That patch note section 26-stroke-q-stroke-987(a) is going to do terrible things to my obsessively plotted and planned "build" with the hotsy-totsy special armor set."

In all this time of playing, I've never even had a complete special armor set until I got one from killing dragons in Elsewher. Trials? I don't even know where to _find_ most of them, and wouldn't dare stick my nose into one of those places. They'd be mopping up the floor with me in nothing flat.

I don't care about 90% of the things you guys care about. I like questing and following the story and going back to my house after playing for about an hour. I don't do PvP and never will.

All I can tell you is, my DK had finally reached the stage where he was invincible overland and even in Public Dungeons. That was the last time I played him, which was probably a couple of months ago at least. When I went back to him this time, suddenly he wasn't invincible anymore, and was being kicked around by even low-level bosses and packs of tigers and suchlike.

So, I'll just deal with it like I always have.

Sorry I asked -- sorry I mentioned it at all, sorry that I'm not as "serious" a player as the rest of you jamooks, glad I could provide you with a little cheap entertainment.

Pffft.

If you are returning after several months check to see if your champion points are still allocated. They may have been reset and you just haven't noticed. That's really the only thing I can come up with as to why your character would be so much weaker when compared to before.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 21, 2019 3:05PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soo OP is claiming that he spend 4 years optimising his setup to what fits him and later on he claims that quote "life is too freakin' short to spend it obsessively planning a buy-the-numbers "build". I've spend 2 days planning my by the numbers "build" on dk. Is life also too short to make logical decisions and instead of meming around with some random ideas just sit down for few minutes , focus more on reading the tooltips and optimising character slightly better ?
    Edited by Juhasow on October 21, 2019 3:01PM
  • Ambrokid
    Ambrokid
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, I play to have fun. I like the story, I like the open world, and life is too freakin' short to spend it obsessively planning a buy-the-numbers "build" that follows someone else's set rules about what you need to do this or that. Life is for DAMN sure too short to spend it reading through the mountains of patch notes issued from on high, and going "OOH! That patch note section 26-stroke-q-stroke-987(a) is going to do terrible things to my obsessively plotted and planned "build" with the hotsy-totsy special armor set."

In all this time of playing, I've never even had a complete special armor set until I got one from killing dragons in Elsewher. Trials? I don't even know where to _find_ most of them, and wouldn't dare stick my nose into one of those places. They'd be mopping up the floor with me in nothing flat.

I don't care about 90% of the things you guys care about. I like questing and following the story and going back to my house after playing for about an hour. I don't do PvP and never will.

All I can tell you is, my DK had finally reached the stage where he was invincible overland and even in Public Dungeons. That was the last time I played him, which was probably a couple of months ago at least. When I went back to him this time, suddenly he wasn't invincible anymore, and was being kicked around by even low-level bosses and packs of tigers and suchlike.

Sorry I asked -- sorry I mentioned it at all, sorry that I'm not as "serious" a player as the rest of you jamooks, glad I could provide you with a little cheap entertainment.

Pffft.

Your title says "ZOS killed my Dragonknight" but you have no intention of gearing it up, allocating effective CP, skill points, or even attribute points. You don't listen to feedback and you don't care what 90% of the people who replied. Sounds like you just want to whine about it and get some sympathy. I (and I am obviously not alone here given the other replies) don't think ZOS or anyone else besides you is to blame for your difficulties. Either learn and grow, or don't.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pffft.

A lot of us offered to help and you respond with snark? Guess that's the end of this thread.
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    My DK regularly solos all 6 world bosses in elsweyr. To the point that I hate when other people are there because it's less fun. Maybe you should tweak a few things.

I don't do trials, so I don't have any armor from there. If you don't want to bother upgrading your armor at least a little, you're not experiencing basic balance of gameplay enough to complain about anything. These things are readily available and can be purchased for a relatively small amount of gold from guilds. You'll want to research these things online or just in-game by looking. Things like "increases stamina" or increases weapon damage" aren't hard to understand. If you're not into looking at guilds either, you just aren't into very much. The game has a balanced challenge based on the basics of being entertaining. And it's far from difficult.
    Edited by VelimOrthic on October 21, 2019 3:24PM
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    edit:
    Edited by VelimOrthic on October 21, 2019 3:10PM
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    edit: nm
    Edited by VelimOrthic on October 21, 2019 3:10PM
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭

Pffft.

I'm sorry I even tried to help you, because you are beyond any help. You do you, but don't complain when it doesn't work. Your life should definitely be too short for that, I know mine is.
    Edited by tahol10069 on October 21, 2019 3:16PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    General overland is most likely balanced towards I would assume 2.5-4K DPS. Public dungoens may be closer to the 4K mark.

Take your character and go to a target dummy if you can beat 2.5-4K DPS then your character is just fine.

Christ how about at least 10k?

4k on a 3m or 6m dummy will get him killed off he runs into a group of mob...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Soo OP is claiming that he spend 4 years optimising his setup to what fits him and later on he claims that quote "life is too freakin' short to spend it obsessively planning a buy-the-numbers "build". I've spend 2 days planning my by the numbers "build" on dk. Is life also too short to make logical decisions and instead of meming around with some random ideas just sit down for few minutes , focus more on reading the tooltips and optimising character slightly better ?

And he has just now been ready to go to a Public Dungeon. REally. Nothing in this adds up. We have found a Schrödinger's gamer.
  • burty61
    burty61
    ✭✭

Pffft.

Life is too short, but has plenty of time for long trolling forum posts
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main is an expert floor decoration, or at least he was... a stamina night blade that at one point needed to wait for help to kill the boss at the end of a delve... one who only friends would group with because night blades were so weak... but that was a few years back...

We can play as we wish, we can choose to put our skill points, attribute points and CP into any available slot... this does not mean we can kill that nasty mudcrab…

we can also go and respec the whole thing and try another set of silly skills and try again... perhaps we will find the next best in slot skill for the mass slaughter of mudcrabs… or not... lather, rinse, repeat...

or we can search on this nasty thing called the internet/google and find the builds that others have already worked out, but then, google may still be biased against <add your favorite class here> and fail to return any good builds for that class.

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    jamooks, we are not jamooks, we were trying to help i remember when I stated with less than level 10 that fighting a welwa was a challanging fight I wish that would had been forever finding challanging fights that are not a world boss, once I attacked a mudcrab and it was not just one it turned out there were a lot of them that ought to be a deadly situation for you.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could just use the in-game Level Up Adviser. Those will at least get you through overland and Public Dungeons. Maybe even a normal Group Dungeon.

Edit: added UESP link for info.
    Edited by Number_51 on October 21, 2019 3:47PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This must be a troll. You can sneeze and kill anything in overland combat.

That's not funny, many a dk has been killed due to sneezing while playing. I died once, I sneezed while killing a WB and hit the wrong button. Have some consideration my friend :)
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I agree with whomever said the OP killed his DK himself

My stam DK can solo all overland quests, public dungeons and Elinhir in Craglorn in medium hundings and night mothers, stormfist, 2H and bow with his CP set for a tank, so not high DPS.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can save the passive aggressive crap.

The, "rules," we're talking about are the ones that come from the game itself. If you want to play chess, and then insist that, "no, I'm only going to move the horsies," and then cry about how you lose game after game, there might be a reason. And it's not our fault.

We've offered help. We've offered advice. We've said, "just move the other pieces." And, here you are telling us, "no, that's too much work. The game is too hard, and needs to be made easier for me, because I cannot be bothered to learn the rules."
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Four+ years playing this game and I've never had cause to complain about the many and various combat changes that have had other players gnashing their teeth -- until now. I wouldn't be complaining even now if the changes were minor -- but ZOS, you've nerfed my Dragon Knight character right out of existence!

He's not my main character, which explains why it took me so long to build him up, and perhaps so long to notice what's been done. Four years building this character up, and I'd only just reached the point where I felt safe walking into a Public Dungeon. I should stress that I don't do PVP at all, and I don't do groups. I'm strictly a solo PVE player... and with a few keystrokes, you guys turned my Dragon Knight from my strongest character back into the scrawny kid on the beach getting sand kicked in his face.

Bosses that gave me no trouble now kill me with impunity. Hell fire, even the stupid OVERLAND ANIMALS are gloating at how easy it is to kick my Dragon Knight around now. As for venturing into a Public Dungeon -- that's right out now. Again.

God damn it, if it ain't broken DON'T FIX IT!!!!! I understand there's a new team and I also know from experience that when new people come into a corporate situation they feel like they have to make a bunch of changes just to justify their existence. But this is ridiculous -- you don't just waltz in and strip away so much of a character's strengths that he becomes a complete feeb.

Oooh is the Dragonhold release is ready?????

No?

wait, u talking about Elswyr?

Hoooo boy u not gonna like what's coming....

@Davadin, I think they're talking about One Tamriel. I mean, I'm not 100% certain, but that's what it looks like to me.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

I spent, like, 15 minutes picking my sets for my StamDK. I can't even remember what they are off hand. My tanks are Sanct+Ebon (because Christmas Tree "lolz"), Lich + Plauge (I think). I think my stam knight is running Sheer + Viper, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: I was wrong, my Stamknight is Sheer Venom, Poisonous Serpent with Asylum 2h front, Asylum Bow back... I'm just going to cop to it, this is not a normal build.
    Edited by starkerealm on October 22, 2019 6:07AM