The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The Missing Element

SFDB
SFDB
✭✭✭✭✭
ZoS, you keep missing something with your combat changes. Because we understand that there may be a long-term plan here. We understand this plan may involve nerfs. We understand this may involve changes. But here's what you're missing.

Fun.

You keep changing things without adding fun into the game.

There is nothing related to combat to be excited about. It's almost entirely "the same as it was, only weakened," the remainder being some new, specific build of specific class abilities that even the people using it are un-enthused about.

You're about to release a new expansion, what's there to be excited about?

More fighting dragons? You mean the things we've been fighting for months, that an event was built around, using the combat changes that nerf it to be less fun to fight dragons?

There are dozens of things that could introduce SOMETHING. Hell, ANYTHING. That could be worth being excited over. Instead, meh.

Complaints about nerfs are symptoms of the larger problem, that you're taking something away and not giving anything worthwhile to go with it.

Dull, dull, dull.

Start remembering, please, it's a game. Every new release should be about increasing the net fun for the game. The assertion that one day it will be fun does nothing for today's boring release you have set up, and in fact only makes us question whether this magical nirvana will be there at the end of this tedious ride.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, the game is definitely less fun. I think the nerfs are the main cause though. Players spend a long time finding builds that work for them and that are fun for them. Then new patch and its gone. Like bomblades, super fun playstyle alot of players enjoyed, it doesnt really exist anymore. Then adapting to the nerfs takes time to farm sets or level a new toon, those arnt really fun things to do, especially when its being forced on you because what you liked playing doesnt work anymore. That happens to you enough you just stop caring and start running whatever is the flavor of the month because whats the point of working hard and putting effort into your builds if its not gunna last. At that point your not even really playing for fun.

Also think a contributing factor is the amount of events. Like when I started there was basically 4 events a year. Witch fest, new life, jester and midyear. When they came around it was definitely a big deal. All the super active players in your guild would get together, all hang out and farm the even all day long. By the end you were sic of it, burn of farming and happy to get back to your usual stuff. Now we have like 2 events every month and were all sick of farming them but were all gunna farm them still because events are like the only decent rewards in game. Noone wants to do them together because its either not really group content or you just want to do it as efficiently as possible so you can get everything and be done with it. If your skipping it good luck finding people from your usual groups of friends to do anything else with.

Those are at least the 2 reason for me as to why im like over eso. 75% nerf burn out, 25% event burn out, 100% Just dont give af anymore
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leeloo Dallas?
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda sad that I, and I am pretty sure most everyone else who read the title, knew that 'fun' was going to be the missing element the OP would be talking about.
  • Daddysadface
    Daddysadface
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I log in, do my Vet dailies, and just keep ESO up in the background as I do other things, like, look for better MMOs, watch twitch, do dishes and house work. I like having an animated Desk top. And if a vTrials kicks off due to NO OTHER ENDGAME Activity, then I am already logged in.