The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZoS, Do You Hate Me? You Must Hate Me...

Tyrobag
Tyrobag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
"Daedric Prey (morph): Reduced the bonus damage for pets to 20%, down from 40%."

Every time I manage to make a decent pet build using pet armor sets, it gets nerfed into oblivion. The only reason any of those sets were viable at all was because of daedric pray. After already knocking it down by 10% now you've decided to cut it in half? What is with this "NO DAMAGE FOR YOU" mentality regarding any and all niche builds?

Things weren't going too bad this patch, despite heavy nerfs it had actually seemed like a balance patch without any abilities being singled out and killed. I guess they were just saving it for the last second...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos specifically made the change for you. They truly hate you and with a passion.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos specifically made the change for you. They truly hate you and with a passion.

You weren't supposed to tell him. Did you miss the last meeting?
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Sorcs were niche? :open_mouth:

Edit: or is this specifically for just a set proc that counts as a pet...? I admit that's niche af
    Edited by Raisin on October 16, 2019 2:03PM
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know, Its been made very clear. ;(
    Raisin wrote: »

Edit: or is this specifically for just a set proc that counts as a pet...? I admit that's niche af

Yes, stamina pet sorc using summoning sets. I've designed one like 5 times and each time it gets nerfed hard before the patch goes live. But this nerf is going to be the final nail in the coffin, pet summoning sets by default get much lower numbers than even the average damage set (not even looking at relequeen's). Without Daedric Prey they simply aren't viable.
    Edited by Tyrobag on October 16, 2019 2:10PM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

I know, Its been made very clear. ;(
    Raisin wrote: »

Yes, stamina pet sorc using summoning sets. I've designed one like 5 times and each time it gets nerfed hard before the patch goes live.

That is a shame. Unfortunately I don't think they even consider that, and you're always gonna get hit by the nets intended for non-set pets.

I'll try to bring it up at the next meeting! :D
    Edited by Raisin on October 16, 2019 2:11PM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No this is just ZOS telling players to reroll to another class. Without actually officially saying it.

Actions speaks way louder than words. And ZOS nerf speaks volumes.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet sorc has already been hit so hard and now another huge nerf. My pve sorc lost 10k self-buffed dps from Elsweyr to Scalebreaker. Now it's cost increases and damage nerfs to individual skills, with this being the icing on the nerf cake. It is really demotivating and kills any fun I had playing the class.
  • Vigawatt
    Vigawatt
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was me they hated, but I guess I'm just a casualty of their hatred for you. Why don't you list out the other things you like so the rest of us can be forewarned :p

But seriously I've rolled pet sorc from lvl 1 to CP 810, only have the one character, so this passive aggressive stance of ZOS nudging people away from pets without just taking them away is infuriating.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    "Daedric Prey (morph): Reduced the bonus damage for pets to 20%, down from 40%."

Every time I manage to make a decent pet build using pet armor sets, it gets nerfed into oblivion. The only reason any of those sets were viable at all was because of daedric pray. After already knocking it down by 10% now you've decided to cut it in half? What is with this "NO DAMAGE FOR YOU" mentality regarding any and all niche builds?

Things weren't going too bad this patch, despite heavy nerfs it had actually seemed like a balance patch without any abilities being singled out and killed. I guess they were just saving it for the last second...

Well, I hate you too and I don't even know you, it's possible that ZOS hates you.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true. Many people trying to interact with various objects that a bear is completely covering or a twilight is in the way of, have at least some level of annoyance with any pet class. ;)
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don't hate you. They just don't care. Players have been complaining about these massive nerfs on the PTS for weeks. The parting shot of the 50% nerf to Daedric Prey came out of nowhere and pretty much confirms they all have their heads in a bubble and haven't heard a word.

I just think they've created a 50 headed combat monster and really don't have a clue as to how to tame it. One thing is for sure, player enjoyment is nowhere to be found in their audits and calculations.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The funny thing about nerfs to sorc pets is how its actually more severe than it seems.

Pet classes have to run that pet on both bars, which in the case of sorcs can take up 2 additional bar slots. That is two additional bar slots that can not be used with other abilities to help make up for the nerf to pet damage.

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So no more meme specs in BG's?
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    The focus is cats and dragons this year. If it's not a cat, and it's not a dragon, then it has no place in ZOS's current line up. Only cat's and dragons are cool this year.

Next year, it will be aliens. As a consequence, all cat's and dragons will be nerfed until they can't hurt anything other than maybe a banekin if the cat-dragon uses all of their resources in a perfectly timed fire-breathing skooma-addict burst. Enjoy the year of the cat-dragon (or dragon-cat) while you can. The quarterly nerf track record is there, one merely need perceive it for what it truly is. Monstrous favoritism.
    Edited by beadabow on October 16, 2019 7:02PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Pet sorc has already been hit so hard and now another huge nerf. My pve sorc lost 10k self-buffed dps from Elsweyr to Scalebreaker. Now it's cost increases and damage nerfs to individual skills, with this being the icing on the nerf cake. It is really demotivating and kills any fun I had playing the class.

Amen. Please revert this last change @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_RichLambert
    PC-NA
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You weren't supposed to tell him. Did you miss the last meeting?

I'm starting to hate him also, I was at the last meeting so probably biased.

On the other hand why not get rid of the class as a choice at all, might as well. It's becoming less and less defined as time goes on. Maybe introduce a class named VanillaMage?
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

God damn it Greg he was not suppose to know!
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will nerf the 4 basic class until they are useless.

Buy those wardens and necromancers.

• Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pets needed nerfing. They were everywhere. Ppl dont put them away in cities and ruining experience for others. Rude and selfish ppl got what they deserved imo.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf pets damage
    Nerf pets buff
    Nerf AOE damage , increase cost
    Nerf DOT damage

Pets sorc is my main , combat team , if you guys can't balance the freaking BG and PVE , you have to separate these two worlds . Fix it one by one .

You guys nerf the PVE continuously , have you guys ever respect pvers ?

ELDER SCROLL ONLINE is not the ONLY OPTION , I'm done with this game .
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Nerf pets damage
    Nerf pets buff
    Nerf DOT damage

Pets sorc is my main , combat team , if you guys can't balance the freaking BG and PVE , you have to separate these two worlds . Fix it one by one .

Good, 1 bird less flopping its wings in my face.

Can I have your stuff?
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Nerf pets damage
    Nerf pets buff
    Nerf DOT damage

Good, 1 bird less flopping its wings in my face.

Can I have your stuff?

Yes after you run 400 times VMA like me :)

Bird did nothing wrong , you better complain the combat team to reduce their size .
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorcs were parsing far better then other magclasses before this change (on PTS). So you may say pets are trial dummy victims.

In real content pets take time to switch targets, pets may be confused, RL may demand to use exclusively destro ult on stacked adds, nullifying that huge ST dps boost from atro... but dummy is dummy.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »

Not true. Many people trying to interact with various objects that a bear is completely covering or a twilight is in the way of, have at least some level of annoyance with any pet class. ;)

When I'm on my bear warden I hate that too, so it's not just aggravating to you, it's also often in the players way.
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not a popular opinion but petsorc is still pulling 2nd highest mag dps on PTS at 86.5k. Only magblade is stronger, and not by much. It's not all doom and gloom.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerenel wrote: »
    Probably not a popular opinion but petsorc is still pulling 2nd highest mag dps on PTS at 86.5k. Only magblade is stronger, and not by much. It's not all doom and gloom.

ZOS MUST buff lightning flood as compensation for prey nerf, as they did with other aoe class dots. Otherwise we'll have 3 months of non-stop drama and demands to nerf the hell out of everybody.
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    They're gonna do what they want regardless of what we think they must do...
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aerenel wrote: »

Can you share the link ?
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really the only thing that will kick me off this game is if they start making it so there is only "one right way" to play each class, like in some "other" MMORPG's out there. The "one right way" completely removes the individuality and choice from the game. So please, ZoS, don't go there.
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    @ccfeeling i'm bad at links so let me know if this works

unknown.png?width=912&height=703
    unknown.png?width=910&height=702