The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Justice for Frags and Strife

BohnT2
BohnT2
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So this pts patch the minimum travel time of grim focus got removed.
While the issues about frags and strife still persist, both have a minimum traveltime time of 450ms no matter how close you are to the target there's a huge window to dodge them because they don't connect until at least 450ms passed.
According to the Elsweyr patch the travel time for frags should be 250ms (this never made it to live server)
Why strife has a travel time of 450ms is beyond me there's nothing which warrants such a long delay when skills like force shock and necro skulls have the normal minimum travel time of 250ms

I don't ask to completely remove the travel times but if you want to standardise things then please do it properly
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    S22GrPA.png
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Important numbers are when frags hit and the number right before.
    Difference is ~500ms on both (lag is responsible for the difference to 450ms)
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    97I1UNE.png
    This shows the comparison of force shock, strife and grim focus.
    Note the picture was taken on live server so grim focus still has a longer travel time, this is not the case on pts!!
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mages Wrath also has a long delay, longer than any other skill of 800ms
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

Longer than the core spamable of wardens? I doubt it’s longer than dive. Also skills with such high burst potential should still be counter-able, frags already does incredibly high damage and can be chained if you get good rng, meanwhile the grim focus requires charging no matter what and can not be casted every other skill regardless of rng procs.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Longer than the core spamable of wardens? I doubt it’s longer than dive. Also skills with such high burst potential should still be counter-able, frags already does incredibly high damage and can be chained if you get good rng, meanwhile the grim focus requires charging no matter what and can not be casted every other skill regardless of rng procs.

The casters hands glow when they have a frags proc.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The big thing is that the announced change in elsweyr pts never made it to the live server.

And yes birds in point blank range is faster than mages wrath
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frags is superior compared to Dark Flare.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Frags is superior compared to Dark Flare.

This has nothing to do with this post
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The big thing is that the announced change in elsweyr pts never made it to the live server.

The Cliff Racer delay/flight time (1.4-1.8 seconds*) is the same regardless of your proximity to the target and the only reason it has that ridiculous delay was because could not dodge it, once upon a time. Now it's just there for the sake of being there. It doesn't even combo well with Shalks- whole thing is a complete mess.

*It falls somewhere between those two values- but it's always the same.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Cliff Racer delay/flight time (1.4-1.8 seconds*) is the same regardless of your proximity to the target and the only reason it has that ridiculous delay was because could not dodge it, once upon a time. Now it's just there for the sake of being there. It doesn't even combo well with Shalks- whole thing is a complete mess.

Getting closer to 1.1seconds in my testings but still have to take a step back from my statement as i made an error in my first testing about birds
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting closer to 1.1seconds in my testings but still have to take a step back from my statement as i made an error in my first testing about birds

When are you starting and stopping your stopwatch? I’m counting from cast to impact and not getting close to 1.1.
    I get one from all other projectiles in game. Those .4+ seconds make a big difference and gimp the skill.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When are you starting and stopping your stopwatch? I’m counting from cast to impact and not getting close to 1.1.
    I get one from all other projectiles in game. Those .4+ seconds make a big difference and gimp the skill.

Same testing as above, the addon tracks everything, but it fails with birds due to the travel time as it lists the "casted in pairs of two"
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The core spammable of wardens is supposed to be delayed, and this actually becomes an advantage since the delay is so big that you can layer it with other skills to create burst. This is a silly mechanic to complain about...
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S22GrPA.png

Good catch. And while we're at it, can we change swallow healing to a stationairy hot to make this skill worth again? x)