The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dk stonefist new animation?

sindalstar
sindalstar
✭✭✭
Stonefist: Updated the visual effects for this ability and the Stone Giant morph. As noted in last week’s PTS patch, we will continue working on this ability’s visual and gameplay elements for a future update.

Hows it look now guys?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2019-10-15-2.png
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now it's a flaming ball of poop!
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos, it would be way cooler if the DK punched the air, and a stone fist appeared at your target and punched them, that's how I imagined this skill when the rework was first described.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now it's a flaming ball of poop!

Nah, you don't even see the stone.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want fists of stone daggit!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler Since stonefist is still ''work in progress'' for next update, what are the chances of making it a melee ability? I don't want to be rude to your work(since this just went on PTS), I'm sure you had the best intentions and I appreciate you not giving up on it. However most of us would really appreciate to see this turn into a melee ability, and we would like to know if this is a possibility.

I don't think giving it ''flame flavor'' is bad either. Just saying a lot of us would be really happy to see a flame covered melee punch.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 15, 2019 7:45PM
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From a stone fist to a flaming vomit. Nice
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Visual story telling
    Stam DK with beast personality mentally attritions the opponent
    april-11th-post.jpg
    Edited by Zatox on October 15, 2019 8:06PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it is certainly times better then previous version and that "fire" is actually are magma shards or something like that. I like it.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it is certainly times better then previous version and that "fire" is actually are magma shards or something like that. I like it.

We have our ''Fire mage'' archetype getting in close and personal and our ''In your face'' fighter throwing magma shards and fireballs at people. Makes total sense to me :^)

Does it look cooler? Yeah, however you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig in the end. Thats kinda how I feel about it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 15, 2019 8:18PM
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t that just the amberplasm projectile from Mazzatun?
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    2019-10-15-2.png

It's literally a flaming pile of ***.

Dragonhold in a nutshell.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    2019-10-15-2.png

Wait a second... So ESO finally gave us a simple fireball? And it's a stamina ability called Stone Fist?

This is gold.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have our ''Fire mage'' archetype getting in close and personal and our ''İn your face'' fighter throwing magma shards and fireballs at people. Makes total sense to me :^)

Orange/Fire color is yummy. I'll prefer power lash "to scale from highest offensive stats" of course, but this animation is better then nothing at least. With buffed claw stamDK looks much more interesting then in the beginning of PTS imo.
  • JadaMaru
    JadaMaru
    ✭✭
    At this point the name Stonefist really just needs to be changed.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We have our ''Fire mage'' archetype getting in close and personal and our ''İn your face'' fighter throwing magma shards and fireballs at people. Makes total sense to me :^)

Orange/Fire color is yummy. I'll prefer power lash "to scale from highest offensive stats" of course, but this animation is better then nothing at least. With buffed claw stamDK looks much more interesting then in the beginning of PTS imo.

Considering We've been waiting more or less 6 years for a stamina spammable,(and they also ruined SnB so this just a replacement for good old reverb-heroic slash, except 10 times worse) better than nothing does not cut it for me, though what makes me sad the most is their ''we know what you want better than you do'' attitude they seem to have.

Looking at stonefist getting a new animation doesn't make me happy , it makes me sad because it shows they have not been listening to what I was saying, but instead they've already decided what they want my class to be. A rock throwing mess, yes. that is the future of stamDk. Perfect job.

Oh but don't you worry, cause They're gonna improve the visual story telling. That'll fix everything wrong with it.

For the love of god can I PLEASE have heroic slash back? I'll eat *** I'm so sorry for asking for diversity and identity. At this point I literally want Wrobel back. I don't even want a class spammable , I legit regretted asking for it lol.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 15, 2019 8:34PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the love of god can I PLEASE have heroic slash back? I'll eat *** I'm so sorry for asking for diversity and identity. At this point I literally want Wrobel back. I don't even want a class spammable , I legit regretted asking for it lol.

RJFeuEW.jpg

At the end, he got the last laugh.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

RJFeuEW.jpg

At the end, he got the last laugh.

Legends say if you listen hard enough, you can still hear him laughing :trollface:
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should rename it "Malted Fist Splurge Goo"?

DK class identity lvl 100000
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering We've been waiting more or less 6 years for a stamina spammable,(and they also ruined SnB so this just a replacement for good old reverb-heroic slash, except 10 times worse) better than nothing does not cut it for me, though what makes me sad the most is their ''we know what you want better than you do'' attitude they seem to have.

Looking at stonefist getting a new animation doesn't make me happy , it makes me sad because it shows they have not been listening to what I was saying, but instead they've already decided what they want my class to be. A rock throwing mess, yes. that is the future of stamDk. Perfect job.

Oh but don't you worry, cause They're gonna improve the visual story telling. That'll fix everything wrong with it.

Easy slam dunk was in the devs hands stam whip but no take a rarely used skill and give it some flare like it will become desirable. This combat team from what I’m seeing so far is just pushing players away with the last several updates the dot buffs were fine until they brought soul trap and entropy into the mix like they did without those 2 skills dots would have been in a good enough spot that spammables could have been next for an audit perhaps followed by making lesser used skills like soul trap stone fist entropy and so on more appealing. For instance instead of making soul trap a dot make it a debuff skill causing oh idk minor vulnerability or something similar entropy would have been better served becoming the magicka equivalent of trap beast for the minor force buff.

Here is an idea instead of making random changes to make skills viable add random polls choosing random players asking what we think skill A needs skill B and such and try making changes based off this
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the visual fx of the projectile that they changed LOL as if it was the important thing.... Well nope, it's not! It's the damn stupid animation of the character!!

The funniest part is it still sounds like a rock! LOL yet it looks like a lava stream.

We should go make a video with like 20 DKs in Cyrodiil spamming this ability LMAO the bumbest thing ever! :lol:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

Easy slam dunk was in the devs hands stam whip but no take a rarely used skill and give it some flare like it will become desirable. This combat team from what I’m seeing so far is just pushing players away with the last several updates the dot buffs were fine until they brought soul trap and entropy into the mix like they did without those 2 skills dots would have been in a good enough spot that spammables could have been next for an audit perhaps followed by making lesser used skills like soul trap stone fist entropy and so on more appealing. For instance instead of making soul trap a dot make it a debuff skill causing oh idk minor vulnerability or something similar entropy would have been better served becoming the magicka equivalent of trap beast for the minor force buff.

Here is an idea instead of making random changes to make skills viable add random polls choosing random players asking what we think skill A needs skill B and such and try making changes based off this

I totally agree with you on that first sentence they had a very easy score with making stamDks happy. A stamina morph of whip, that was all they had to do, with its own animation and poison flavor. Yet look at where we are. See you 4 months later when they make stonefist green I guess.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheres my dragon punch
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JadaMaru wrote: »

Goofist?
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JadaMaru wrote: »

Splooge fist
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ill just use dizzy in pve with a follow up heavy.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it a punch, make it melee and be done with it
    Edited by Jodynn on October 16, 2019 12:04AM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭
    Make it a whip and we are all good ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    PS4 EU [810CP] - (Clairvoyance)

PvE High Elf Mag DK - Irelia Dragneel (Voice of Reason) (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam DK - Minato Uzamaki
    PvE Breton Templar - Ashura Namikaze (Voice of Reason)
    PvE Altmer Magcro - Zeref Dragneel
    PvE Orc Stamcro - Saphira Dragonsbane (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam Sorc - Laxus Dreyar
    PvE Imperial DK Tank- Tartarus the Abyss
    PvE Dumner Magblade - Apex the Destroyer (Flawless Conqueror)
    PvE/PVP Orc Stamblade - IIzuna Uchiha
    PvE Altmer Warden Healer - Lady Netch

PVP Dumner Mag DK - Lady Embers

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ZOS does not understand is that people were making fun of the skill because it didn't really do anything exciting when it came to gameplay or set the DK apart from the other classes.

If they wanted a stun, DKs already have a skill that does that (and it only needs to be cast once) and recycling an old Templar mechanic that many people hated is not what I think people had in mind for a DK identity.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 16, 2019 2:04PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

I totally agree with you on that first sentence they had a very easy score with making stamDks happy. A stamina morph of whip, that was all they had to do, with its own animation and poison flavor. Yet look at where we are. See you 4 months later when they make stonefist green I guess.

It's like they are consciously averse to the idea of doing the obvious thing. Stam whip (before the molten rework) was a no-duh ez win. I feel the same way about the new Bound Armaments for sorc.. I mean it's cool I guess but why not just turn Crystal Blast into stam frags? Again.. a no-brainer that the entire community would be PUMPED about but for some reason they just don't wanna.