The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sorc changes suggestions

Trorn
Trorn
Soul Shriven
hey guys

i think we can all agree that sorc has some useless passives and stamsorc doesnt even have spammable/ult and thats why it needs to be changed (yeah new BA is good step but ist not a true spammable)

1. suggestions - stam morph for frags - in my opinion ssorc should be smth like battlemage - i'd love smth like plar jabs (but deadric spear instead of aedric) would be good lore wise too imho
2. rebate and master summoner are completely useless
- so 1 passive could be: when you cast and ability you gain damage % damage shield, can occur every x seconds
- idk about the second passive sustain/minor berserk?
3. stam atronarch morp (been said xy times)

read carefully and please dont flame me, these are just suggestions - no numbers posted, so no reason to think it will be overpowered
also sorry for my crap english not a native speaker

cheers
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the dino does 2-3k free dmg...i dont think its useless, but i dont like pets on my stamsorc. Need to find an alternativ skill for him, it feels like crap.
    Love my Stamsorc
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really like the storm atro ideas but i believe sorc has the best passives in the game. except rebate.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even stamina Curse is possible without affecting magsorcs. Just add a clausule "Your pets deal 40% additional damage to the cursed target" to base ability and both morphs and we can leave Haunting Curse as it is and make Daedric Prey a stamina morph.
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    I get that stamsorc has some of the weakest identity in pve but it's worth acknowledging the fact while all stam classes have access to 30 skills, 6 ultimates, and 15 passives from weapon lines to build their character with, mag classes have access to 10, 2, and 5 from weapon lines.

I think stamsorc probably could benefit from a few more stam morphs of class abilities but everytime a mag morph is taken away I'm worried it's a slippery slope until theres no variety in mag options left at all.
  • Trorn
    Trorn
    Soul Shriven
    Well, the dino does 2-3k free dmg...i dont think its useless, but i dont like pets on my stamsorc. Need to find an alternativ skill for him, it feels like crap.

And takes 2 slots.. Not very ideal.
    hakan wrote: »
    i really like the storm atro ideas but i believe sorc has the best passives in the game. except rebate.

You are right.. Sorc has very good passives except rebate and imho expert summoner.. not everyone wants to have a pet.. (2slots .. meh)
    Aerenel wrote: »
    I get that stamsorc has some of the weakest identity in pve but it's worth acknowledging the fact while all stam classes have access to 30 skills, 6 ultimates, and 15 passives from weapon lines to build their character with, mag classes have access to 10, 2, and 5 from weapon lines.

I think stamsorc probably could benefit from a few more stam morphs of class abilities but everytime a mag morph is taken away I'm worried it's a slippery slope until theres no variety in mag options left at all.

i think that it would take just 2 morphs to give stamsorc some good identity - 1. class spammable 2. ult
    it wouldnt ruin magsorc imo.. nobody is using the second morphs of frags
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trorn wrote: »

You are right.. Sorc has very good passives except rebate and imho expert summoner.. not everyone wants to have a pet.. (2slots .. meh)

i think that it would take just 2 morphs to give stamsorc some good identity - 1. class spammable 2. ult

Have you even tried the other morph it’s actually quite powerful and has a stun to it
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

Have you even tried the other morph it’s actually quite powerful and has a stun to it

I think having other non-cast time stun options is more preferred on top of Crystal Fragments having a decent chance of hitting way harder and for less Magicka if its special ability procs is mostly why so few take that morph though.

But yep, something usable in the Dark Magic skill tree and changing the Charged Storm Atronach change to an Air Atronach, on top of at least the Rebate passive being changed would satisfy many I'd say.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal blade frag morph-make it function like Dizzy swing on live? Would be cool
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people who ask for stamina morph don't usually go for widely used skills like crystal fragments for example, people want to change crystal blast since it is rarely used outside of maybe roleplays. Cage prison is another skill the has its morphs become rarely used after few nerfs here and there. In general, if I want to people a class, I expect to use skills from that class as may source and weapons. Now you see because stamina sorcerer is so dependant on these weapons skills, eveeytime they get nerfed, stamina sorcerer gets affected the most.

I argue the other way, sorc has few nice passive , but the rest is not good or at least the place the passives wjere put in make them bad. Just the fact the that there are two different passives that grants recovery is bad. You you have last passive of summoning skill line that give 20% more health and stamina recovery if summoning skill is slotted, and you have first passive of storm calling that gives 9% magicka recovery. Why? I don't even bother to put skill points in the magicka recovery passive because it is no use to me as stam sorc unless I have high magicka recovery. You have the blood magic passive that is almost never proc on stam sorc and only proc on mag sorc if they use proc part of crystal fragment skill. Do you know that suppression field, dmg morph of negate, only proc the passive once. Almost never see someone use any offensive skill of dark magic beside crystal fragment, becaue they are either useless for dd or expensive. I should note that some skilla in dark magic like restraining prison is used by tanks, but even then 0.5 cooldown on the passive and nobody can use the skills in the skill line fast enough to benefit from the passive. I just don't imagine tank spamming restraining prison just to get a very heal instead of using other busrt heal skills.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love to read some of these suggestions.

Literally none of them will ever make it to the game though.

- Spend years asking for stamina frags, get a stamina pet complete with *** AI instead.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭

- Spend years asking for stamina frags, get a stamina pet complete with *** AI instead.

Lol. I mean people have asked for stam pets and bound weapons, so that's not entirely true. Granted those were probably the least requested things but... /shrug
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly true
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a long time sorc main, My personal suggestions.

- Stam frag, this should have been what stamsorc got instead of the bound armaments change.
    - Complete rework of bound armor as a skill entirely. i cant think of ANYONE who has been like thank god for this buff skill
    - Decouple expert summoner from an active pet. Helps out stam ( Ik they changed clanfear, it still isnt a good skill or one that fits into stamsorcs gameplay) and nonpet.
    - Dark exchange, needs to be instant cast, should have been done when they cut the the resource return in half.

While im at it, here is a list of skills and passives I consider useless:

- Clanfear
    - Bound armor
    - Expert summoner ( requiring a pet kills this, petsorc doesnt even need the extra health. They have easier access to a higher shield
    - Crystal Blast
    - Runecage
    - Dark exchange, again needs work
    - Blood magic is kinda a weak passive, frag doesnt hit enough for it to be useful and currently only applies to nonpet magsorc. runecage isnt useful and really isnt a spammable type of skill. idk encase and its morphs count but even if it does its the only skill to utilize the passive well.

Weaker skills:
    - Boundless storm, not a terrible skill but its another buff skill/ proc for critical surge.
    - Lightning splash, why is it that when zos was "standardizing skills" they left this as the clearly smallest aoe skill
    - Encase, base skill is good but both morphs are lackluster. especially restraining
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do they? From a stamsorc perspective it looks like this:
    • Rebate totally useless, even with the new pet that can't die in most situations
    • Blood Magic is "hard" to proc. And by "hard" I mean it won't proc on your usual Stam Sorc build.
    • Exploitation is more of an alibi for group utility, but totally useless for the actual caster.
    • Capacitator is useless unless you run high off-stat regen. But why should you?
    • Expert Mage pales in comparison to e.g. Warden's Advanced Species. Not to mention that there are only few class skills on your bar anyway as a sS. (This one is up for debate obviously)

Honorable mentions for live version: Expert Summoner is useless and Daedric Protection forces you to slot a dead skill. At least the latter became somewhat archieveable without sacrifice. So we go frombad 1/2 of the passives to only 1/3 wasted passives.

Also don't forget that other classes have Ultimate passives as well, so don't get fooled by Power Stone.
    BattleAxe wrote: »

It also has an interruptable cast time, what makes it quite risky and useless in PvP.
    Even stamina Curse is possible without affecting magsorcs. Just add a clausule "Your pets deal 40% additional damage to the cursed target" to base ability and both morphs and we can leave Haunting Curse as it is and make Daedric Prey a stamina morph.

I had the same idea but it was pointed out that simply adding the pet effect to haunting Curse would overload it. So some sacrifices must be made.
    Something like Haunting Curse remains mag. Pet buff until 1st proc, then maybe a kiss curse on pets until 2nd proc? So if you want the pet boon you have to recast it early and it somewhat evens out the buff? Maybe take the AoE from it and adjust proc times and cost.
    Stam get's the other morph with AoE and a debuff as I don't think that pet dmg is necessary on it.

Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Crystal blade frag morph-make it function like Dizzy swing on live? Would be cool

Would be nice but I doubt they nerf dizzy just to put it into a class line. But some burst skill would be most welcome for sure. Honestly, I didn't even argue about a melee stam copy of Frags, including the proc. Maybe make it stun instead of more dmg and I'd be fine. But then we had 2 mini games. So maybe a simply melee burst skill would be enough.

Overload could either be turned into an instant burst ultimate or it should just add damage to light attacks instead of replacing them. Or, if you're hell bend on that deadric weapon, make it summon one for X seconds. Either way, a physical dmg morph is in order.
    Air Atro is an obvious pick as well.
    Lightning Splash isn't worth the cast on PTS.
    I'd like to see one morph of Mines to be converted into targetable healing runes.
    Shattering Prison could use an entire rework or at least an effect if it's cast on immune targets.
    Rune Cage should get a DoT on front to make use of Blood Magic.
    Defensive Rune is just a waste since it's dodgeable abd you can't even control it. So why not turn it into a debuff on damage taken. After all sorcs deal with curses and stuff + they strongly lack debuffs. But that idea is just a shot from the hip.