The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Info request: stamina cost of Stone Giant

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
(referring to the Stamina morph of DK's "Stonefist" base skill, which now also debuffs the target causing increased incoming damage per stack of Stagger)

Can someone with PTS access check the stamina cost of this skill, please?
To ensure standardisation, please unequip all sources of cost reduction (medium armor, reduce feat cost glyphs, sets such as Acrobat, etc.).

This needs to be investigated because the morph enjoys a 20% cost reduction on the live game, but the PTS notes make no mention of whether this is being retained in U24.
As the cost of the base skill Stonefist is now 3443 stam, Stone Giant would cost 2755 if this effect has been retained.
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your time—any assistance or information is greatly appreciated.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My tooltip in 7 Medium armor is 2960 Stamina.

Keep in mind, Stone Giant proccs Helping Hands, which restores 990 Stamina per cast.

In my opinion the sustain is really bad next patch. However, when I started this game I went Redguard, now I am an Orc. I guess bad sustain is a way to balance Orcs...
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Big thanks @vesselwiththepestle

Accounting for your 14% cost redux, that corresponds to a base cost of 3443, indicating that it has indeed lost the built-in 20% cost reduction from live.

That said, the HH stam return ultimately makes it nearly as cheap as Surprise Attack, while hitting just as hard and providing additional effects. A very favourable position, imo.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

Accounting for your 14% cost redux, that corresponds to a base cost of 3443, indicating that it has indeed lost the built-in 20% cost reduction from live.

That said, the HH stam return ultimately makes it nearly as cheap as Surprise Attack, while hitting just as hard and providing additional effects. A very favourable position, imo.

PvEwise, it is the easily the best spammable now. PvPwise, mediocre tbh.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS here. naked CP810 Nord. 3443.

all passive skill invested tho.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be investigated because the morph enjoys a 20% cost reduction on the live game, .

from what?
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    This needs to be investigated because the morph enjoys a 20% cost reduction on the live game, .

from what?

From morphing the skill. It's part of the morph effects, and is stated in the tooltip.

Either way, it's clear that it has been dropped for the PTS iteration of the skill. Thanks for providing additional evidence @Davadin.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaaaah 20% cost reduction would be sooo nice for the poopfist...
    susmitds wrote: »

wow, really? any rotation tips? i swear i'm trying on the trial dummy and using Dizzying or even Nox still ends up better due to the high cost of poopfist.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From morphing the skill. It's part of the morph effects, and is stated in the tooltip.
    On PTS it's not in the tooltip anymore.

The base version and the stamina morph is a lot cheaper than the magicka morph, though.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PTS it's not in the tooltip anymore.

The base version and the stamina morph is a lot cheaper than the magicka morph, though.

Yep, that's the global 15% cheaper cost that all stamina skills enjoy, and isn't specific to Stonefist nor U24.

Base cost is 4050 (mag) on live, 4050 * 0.85 = 3443
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 12, 2019 2:29PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It has a lower tooltip than Wrecking Blow.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, really? any rotation tips? i swear i'm trying on the trial dummy and using Dizzying or even Nox still ends up better due to the high cost of poopfist.
    LiquidPony wrote: »

It has the exact same tooltip as Surrpise Attack. The added damage boost is pretty significant in a full raid in trials. 135 extra damage on every DoT, enchant, poison, proc, light attack, spammable from every player will add up significantly.
    Edited by susmitds on October 12, 2019 4:30PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It has the exact same tooltip as Surrpise Attack. The added damage boost is pretty significant in a full raid in trials. 135 extra damage on every DoT, enchant, poison, proc, light attack, spammable from every player will add up significantly.

We'll see.

If you've got ... 100 damage ticks hitting every second, that's +13,500 group DPS at 100% uptime. Not nothing but not incredibly powerful, probably something like a ~2% group DPS buff.

Will it be worth it versus, say, a stamsorc doing 10k+ more DPS plus some Major Berserk uptime for allies?

If vMA DW gets buffed back to a reasonable value, I could actually see stamDKs casting Stone Giant once every 5 casts to keep the stacks maintained and then using a Rapid Strikes rotation.

Interesting note too that the Stagger buff does apply to every tick of skills like Rapid Strikes and Biting Jabs.

I also suppose there might be some benefit in tending towards builds/skills that use lots of fast-ticking DoTs ... like magnecros with Mystic Orb and Syphon which both tick every 0.5 seconds, compared to many DoTs that only tick once every 2 seconds. But that may be too much effort for not enough gain.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

We'll see.

If you've got ... 100 damage ticks hitting every second, that's +13,500 group DPS at 100% uptime. Not nothing but not incredibly powerful, probably something like a ~2% group DPS buff.

Will it be worth it versus, say, a stamsorc doing 10k+ more DPS plus some Major Berserk uptime for allies?

If vMA DW gets buffed back to a reasonable value, I could actually see stamDKs casting Stone Giant once every 5 casts to keep the stacks maintained and then using a Rapid Strikes rotation.

Interesting note too that the Stagger buff does apply to every tick of skills like Rapid Strikes and Biting Jabs.

I also suppose there might be some benefit in tending towards builds/skills that use lots of fast-ticking DoTs ... like magnecros with Mystic Orb and Syphon which both tick every 0.5 seconds, compared to many DoTs that only tick once every 2 seconds. But that may be too much effort for not enough gain.

That depends on whether it is 135 pre-buffs or after. I'll test it later. If it is pre-buffs, then it will be more than 135 per hit.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I tested it a little bit, and it is affected by critical hits, so it will be more than 13500 group dps increase :wink:

It does not seem to be affected by any other self-buffs (i hit a raid dummy and the damage gain was 45 pre-critical hit). On crits, the damage gain increased to 72, which was equivalent to 45*1.65, which is the base critical damage multiplier plus warhorn.

So it seems to be inserted after all the buffs and debuffs are multiplied, but pre-critical hits.

Also, it is mitigated by resistance. So the higher your penetration is, the higher the damage. However, it does not seem to benefit from Bloodthirsty or any Execute passives. or any other damage done amplifiers. Hitting a dummy with less than 25% health with 3 Bloodthirsty did not change the damage increase at all.

It does however benefit from damage taken amplifiers, such as major and minor vulnerability. When i hit anormal dummy with full penetration achieved, it hit for 45 more. With minor vulnerability, it hit for 48 more, which is equal to 45*1.08, floored to 48.

I could test engulfing flames, but i suppose it benefits from these too. So in effect, it will be much higher than 135, and in a raid environment, likely around 250 per hit with the high critical chance and damage that we have.

unknown.png
    Edited by Masel on October 13, 2019 12:44PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Masel that is some comprehensive and VERY interesting data, thank you for testing!
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i have to stack it 3x before it reaches 135, and it only lasts for 5 sec?

so its not possible to sustain 135 at 100%, as u gotta build it up every 5 sec?

honestly i think its a decent spammable for pve, but completely useless for pvp.