The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Any 2h/bow stamsorc pvp out there?

Demra
Demra
✭✭✭
Just curious to see how other 2h/bow stam sorc folk adapting to changes to dizzy, poison injection, BoL, etc.

I am currently taking a break but still enjoy theorycrafting. Though currently i'm too confused to get any ideas. Opinions?
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current patch on live ruined my drive to play the game, and I'm not coming back this patch. But... I was running 2H/bow, and if I were playing this patch I'd probably not even run dizzy. I'd probably try to combo with the new bound armaments and onslaught.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If nothing changes I will throw poison injection of my bar and replace it with... dunno, haven’t made up my mind.

Armaments combos badly with dizzy because ba isnt delayed enough. However it combos well with instant skills like executioner.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    The current patch on live ruined my drive to play the game, and I'm not coming back this patch. But... I was running 2H/bow, and if I were playing this patch I'd probably not even run dizzy. I'd probably try to combo with the new bound armaments and onslaught.

Yea, i feel the same.
    If nothing changes I will throw poison injection of my bar and replace it with... dunno, haven’t made up my mind.

Armaments combos badly with dizzy because ba isnt delayed enough. However it combos well with instant skills like executioner.

What's ba?
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demra wrote: »
    akray21 wrote: »

Yea, i feel the same.

What's ba?

Bound armaments
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious to see how other 2h/bow stam sorc folk adapting to changes to dizzy, poison injection, BoL, etc.

I am currently taking a break but still enjoy theorycrafting. Though currently i'm too confused to get any ideas. Opinions?

Would probably still want to use dizzy swing because it has off balance status affect that procs certain sets that voost you dmg and potential heavy attack resources return and stun followed by ultimate since 2H heavy attack increase next ability by 10%. So far, no other spammale for stam sorc tgat on bar with dizzy swing if you are using 2H, even after the stun removal, you can use the other morph as well and it gives you empower. If you are not using DS, you need a stun ability like Streak or Turn Evil.

As for poison injection, you need it if you are using master bow to proc the buff, no arguement about it. Other than that, it did get it's dot nerfed but its direct dmg buffed, so it still a good skill to use especaily for range excute.

I personaly tried BoL in dual on PTS, the skill is great, probalby the best thing about it is the fact it does not stun. If was about to die, I use BoL to create a space for my dark deal and heals and go back fighting again,and I don't have to be worried about free cc to opponents. One thing about and I'm not sure if bugg or inteneded is the fact it does not grant snare and immoblization immunity, it only removed the currently debuffs you have that is about it.

BA is nice but you need a stun to combo it or it is an easy dodge. You have 100% chance to dodge all daggers. I like the skill and use it for the LA and max stam bonuses along with deadric protection and it is the only reason I'm using the skill for over 2 years now. Only use the skill if I need more dmg to kill someone. Bring back my deadric armor.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As for poison injection, you need it if you are using master bow to proc the buff, no arguement about it. Other than that, it did get it's dot nerfed but its direct dmg buffed, so it still a good skill to use especaily for range excute.

I personaly tried BoL in dual on PTS, the skill is great, probalby the best thing about it is the fact it does not stun. If was about to die, I use BoL to create a space for my dark deal and heals and go back fighting again,and I don't have to be worried about free cc to opponents. One thing about and I'm not sure if bugg or inteneded is the fact it does not grant snare and immoblization immunity, it only removed the currently debuffs you have that is about it.

BA is nice but you need a stun to combo it or it is an easy dodge. You have 100% chance to dodge all daggers. I like the skill and use it for the LA and max stam bonuses along with deadric protection and it is the only reason I'm using the skill for over 2 years now. Only use the skill if I need more dmg to kill someone. Bring back my deadric armor.

Just picking out some things:

Poison injection's direct dmg just got the execute modifier added, so it does nothing most of the time if you're not in need to reapply it while your opponent is under 50%... Sure, if you're not in range then it's a buff, but to melee stamsorcs it matters little. I'd rather see that they buff the DoT execute scaling back up instead of adding one to the direct hit.

And BoL should grant immunity according to the patch notes. So it seems to be a bug. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 13, 2019 9:36AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would probably still want to use dizzy swing because it has off balance status affect that procs certain sets that voost you dmg and potential heavy attack resources return and stun followed by ultimate since 2H heavy attack increase next ability by 10%. So far, no other spammale for stam sorc tgat on bar with dizzy swing if you are using 2H, even after the stun removal, you can use the other morph as well and it gives you empower. If you are not using DS, you need a stun ability like Streak or Turn Evil.

Why dont you use the stun off the off balance? Its easy enough to proc and controllable.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why dont you use the stun off the off balance? Its easy enough to proc and controllable.

off balance gives 10% ( exploiter pass in cp tree ) damage buff once you stun you no longer get it as they are no longer off balanced
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 13, 2019 11:18PM
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

run magnum shot with blackrose bow instead of poison injection and keep all the other skills the same , thats my 2 cents on the matter.
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭

run magnum shot with blackrose bow instead of poison injection and keep all the other skills the same , thats my 2 cents on the matter.

anyone else using this weapon set up still?
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m running a 2h/bow build for my stamsorc but with bow as front bar instead of 2h. My 2h is there only for the executes and it is working out great. Bow gives you much more consistent BA stacks leading to a good ranged build. With hurricane + Crit surge I opted to forgo using rally because I have enough heals with vigor and Crit surge while dodging around at max speed. My hp regen is high enough with seventh legion + sorcerer passive to keep up the heals. Sustain is not really an issue either.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy stamsorc is pretty dead, sad to say after 5 years. Almost impossible to rely on the stun to close out a kill when outnumbered in Cyrodil.

BGs I usually find that my dizzy stun is being used by my teammates, which *** with my rotation.

pve lol

Honestly it may be worth it to set up a stamsorc build based on magsorc builds, essentially go bow with s&b
    bow
    bound armarments, snipe, magnum, vigor, camo hunter, balista
    s&b
    crit surge, DD, hurricane, ransack, streak/BOL, Power Overload

play around with timings and use overload when you dont have balista
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    no execute is extremely painful
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone saying they quit this patch or that they dropped dizzy cause it's garbage is 100% a zergling.
    Didn't change a thing, off balance stun and off balance almost always being up is amazing.
    Leave your 24 man and learn how to play the game.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a really frustrating patch for 2h/bow playstyle for classes that rely on weapon abilities. I feel frustrated on my stamDk however I don't even want to think about how stamsorcs feel.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real problem experienced is how many abilities have little or no counterplay to them. Unless you run heavy armor bow 2h in medium you are very susceptible to just being popped mid roll by builds like templars (purifying+dots+jabs+beam) or wardens (fissure+dots+Frost aoe+storm) or dks mainly with (fossilize+dots+leap)

These types of builds can usually be countered solo because of their simplicity, but at the same time there is alot for you to *** up on and not much that they can mess up. When these builds group together it is near impossible to get within that 28m range where they can just hit you for free through your only real way of mit (dodge roll).

You would think unavoidable damage would be less than direct dodgeable damage, but it appears zos still isn't willing to tell people to stop crying whenever they nerf dots. *cough* Dks
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whether its 2H/bow or DW/bow, Update 24 devastated nearly all the weapon skills stamina sorcs had on their front or back action bars. It's very sad turn of events that lead myself, and several online friends, to shelf their favorite characters. We've tried the new Bound Armament but we share the conclusion it's too clunky in rotations and the new cost increases on skills are starving us out on stamina even though our characters have a 2k+ recovery and using heavy attack weaving for resources. It's frustrating that I'm in a situation where its not enjoyable to play a favored character.
    Edited by Sahidom on November 8, 2019 3:26AM
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still run Hundings/Bloodspawn/7th on my stamsorc Redguard. the change to dizzy and to healing shot are taking a bit of getting used to, but I can still do slightly okay in BGs at the very least.

as a DK main, I'm incredibly used to nerfs and to being nerfed straight into the ground. so I'll do what I always do, and improvise, adapt, overcome.

...and if not, there's always crafting and housing and roleplaying. hahaha
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »
    Whether its 2H/bow or DW/bow, Update 24 devastated nearly all the weapon skills stamina sorcs had on their front or back action bars. It's very sad turn of events that lead myself, and several online friends, to shelf their favorite characters. We've tried the new Bound Armament but we share the conclusion it's too clunky in rotations and the new cost increases on skills are starving us out on stamina even though our characters have a 2k+ recovery and using heavy attack weaving for resources. It's frustrating that I'm in a situation where its not enjoyable to play a favored character.

Uh...then wear a sustain set?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, after a few no cp cyro tours I've settled with what I already had. Bloodspawn & Shackle with Truth 2h and whatever bow backbar. The dmg loss on uppercut still annoys me but it's manageable. At least people have no one to blame but themselves when they die to dizzy builds now.