Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] NA megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] EU megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Pocket Watcher pet - 300 gems. Lmao

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Eh, spend your money however you like to, but this is where I draw the limit. Each new season brings a new high/low that ZOS is willing to go to to get their grubby and greedy little hands on as much cash as possible.
The Watcher is nice, looks cool, I thought about buying it, I figured it would be the usual 100 gems for a pet (which is still extremely overpriced, but eh ..), but 300 gems for a pet is nowhere in the same galaxy as "fair pricing" for digital goods with little to no production costs, when you calculate the gems-to-crowns-to-cash ratio (which is a stupid process to have to go through, but eh - again).
So yeah, roflmao was my initial reaction when seeing them trying to get 300 gems for this. I'm gonna silently judge anyone spending that amount of cash on something this ridiculous.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I liked it. But would never pay more than 50 gems or 500 crowns for a pet. So I won't get it :s
    Si hoc imprimis intellegis, nolli dubitare, scribe me ad latine loquendum. Lingua est colenda.

PAWS - Say NO to crown crates!

• Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    300? Wow.

I was really looking forward to getting it, but that's a bit excessive :disappointed: Even at 200 I'd still probably have gotten it because it's so cute, but 300? Better save up a hundred more for a mount.
    Edited by Vinterskald on October 10, 2019 7:17PM
    Barra agea ry sou karan.

PC/NA: Manerion - Altmer Sorcerer Healer || Meirion Telynor - Bosmer Werewolf Warden DD
    Loryerandilwe - Altmer Vampire Nightblade Healer || Eldhraun Gwernydd - Breton Vampire Nightblade DD
    Sirrush Zainsubani - Ashlander Dunmer Dragonknight Tank || Zanrhuni-ko - Khajiit Templar Healer
    Varunirnion - Altmer Warden Healer || Hlífhildr Golden-Cloak - Nord Dragonknight Healer
    Falvyon Drinith - Dunmer Necromancer Healer || Vidhusari-daro - Khajiit Warden DD

PC/EU: Aderynwen - Altmer Templar Healer
    Mindirineth - Bosmer Sorcerer DD || Quandenrume - Altmer Nightblade DD
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a single crown gem item that's worth the price? I doubt it. Another layer in ZOS's grand crown store social experiment: How much IRL money will players drop on cosmetics?

If you're listening, please hire me so I can help process the results.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overpriced AF, hard pass.
    (>_<)p
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I refuse to “silently” judge people on their purchases.

I have the voice of an angel.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many gems lying around because I haven’t liked any of the mounts from the last 3 or 4 seasons. So I got it. Glad to see I’ll be unique-ish.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA ||
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the pet, it's adorable, but I don't have enough gems ... and I don't think I would have spent 300 CG on it even if I had them. That's a *bit* too much - even for me (who loves digital pets to bits).
    Unkempt skeletal ostrich with a misleading name. Loves housing and hoarding.
    PC EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    I have so many gems lying around because I haven’t liked any of the mounts from the last 3 or 4 seasons. So I got it. Glad to see I’ll be unique-ish.

And I think that's the point. The pricing on these two items is designed to deplete some players gems balances. I'm sure though, that they wouldn't mind some players blowing a bunch of money buying crates to try and get enough gems. I have only 89 gems left from my free crates. I spent most of my free gems on items from previous seasons that I liked (like the matching senche cubs for the mounts I bought outright with crowns).

That's not to say I don't think the price is excessive, because I do. But, if you've got gems lying around that you haven't spent on anything and really like this pet, then why not get it?
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Really dissappointed. Wanted the pocket watcher and would pay crowns for it. But not going to buy loads of crowncrates in the hope to get lucky or get the gems out. Lousy decision to make it a 300 gems pet.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slopes don’t have steps by definition.
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA ||
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then call it another slide down said slope. Or another incline. Why are we even debating semantics here.
  • Avariprivateer

A step with one's foot mayhap?
    Edited by Avariprivateer on October 11, 2019 10:45PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown crate sales must be going great for them to create such a gem sink. Amazing how they managed to add yet another level of complexity to gem-exlusive stuff: random pricing. It could be anywhere from 100 to who knows anymore, so people will feel the need to stock up on gems just in case /o\
    @stargold

PC/NA CP810

AD Nefelyn - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Master Angler ǀ Hero of all the things (fine, some of the things)
    DC Bastiene - Breton Templar - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Prefect ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    AD Niobeh - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Black Market Mogul ǀ Blackrose Executioner ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer (but we don’t talk about that)
    AD Ashayam - Khajiit Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sydhe Narjes - Redguard Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Eva Saint Claire - Breton Warden - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Rruns-With-Scissors ­- Argonian Dragoknight - Tank ǀ He’s a good boy, OK Bront?
    EP Moiranni Deyr - Dunmer Dragonknight - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Anur Imagua - Redguard Templar - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    AD Azoke Sen - Imperial Sorcerer - Tank ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sàverin - Orc Warden - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Zuwane Okoye - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Telella - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The more the merrier ǀ Dro-m'athra Destroyer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Mal the Ghost Whisperer - Orc Necromancer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror

PC/EU CP603

AD Ariadne Nearil - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Máyim - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Surjan - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror

vSO HM · vAA HM · vHRC HM · vMOL HM · vHOF HM · vAS HM · vCR+2 · vSS+2· vDSA · vBRP

It's not zerging if we are all solo and just happen to go to the same place independently xD
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Then call it another slide down said slope. Or another incline. Why are we even debating semantics here.

I’m just playing. I agree with your sentiments. There’s no way I’d be buying up crates to get to 300 gems.

In my opinion gems are spent money. If I didn’t have an excess of gems I wouldn’t have bought it. To me, it’s money already spent/ gum already chewed. I don’t like mounts and most other pets, and the things I want they won’t offer (motifs and things that aren’t in the game yet). So it makes no difference to me.

Crowns I got from before I cancelled my membership and crates I got from before the last 3 seasons. What am I waiting for if not that?

Knowing my luck, a dark colored shadowy reskin that looks closer to Hermaeus Mora will be released for free in the next months rewards or something lol
    Edited by max_only on October 12, 2019 12:53AM
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA ||
  • Skitamine
    Skitamine
    ✭✭✭
    40 gems, I would, but 300 ? Nope, unless it spit gold coins, nope ! Nope !
    Ebon -> Eratik Bloodbath
    Dominion -> Enhamar The-Soul-licker
    www.deviantart.com/sylphide2
    Clip studio pro
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have had the thought of adding these ON TIME instead of being WEASELS about it.
    1000+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Praetorian - Grand Master Crafter - 28000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP