Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pocket Watcher pet - 300 gems. Lmao

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Eh, spend your money however you like to, but this is where I draw the limit. Each new season brings a new high/low that ZOS is willing to go to to get their grubby and greedy little hands on as much cash as possible.
The Watcher is nice, looks cool, I thought about buying it, I figured it would be the usual 100 gems for a pet (which is still extremely overpriced, but eh ..), but 300 gems for a pet is nowhere in the same galaxy as "fair pricing" for digital goods with little to no production costs, when you calculate the gems-to-crowns-to-cash ratio (which is a stupid process to have to go through, but eh - again).
So yeah, roflmao was my initial reaction when seeing them trying to get 300 gems for this. I'm gonna silently judge anyone spending that amount of cash on something this ridiculous.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Interestingly it is only 200 gems on the website............

Also Goutfang is 400 gems on website but 500 in game

Buyer beware.

(Edit 20 minutes after above... Now it says in-game prices)
    Edited by Holmarion19 on October 10, 2019 2:37PM
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll better get 3 skins than just one pet, that price's not very fair.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it. But would never pay more than 50 gems or 500 crowns for a pet. So I won't get it :s
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    300? Wow.

I was really looking forward to getting it, but that's a bit excessive :disappointed: Even at 200 I'd still probably have gotten it because it's so cute, but 300? Better save up a hundred more for a mount.
    Edited by Vinterskald on October 10, 2019 7:17PM
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • hellhound223
    hellhound223
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted the Goutfang Senche-Raht but 500 gems is absurd! I could theoretically manage, but I'd have to liquidate the resplendent sweetroll I got from one of my free Psijic crates last year, and I really don't want to do that.... :/
    PC-NA
  • Merrien
    Merrien
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I really want that pocket watcher pet and tried to get enough gems through some (guilty) crown crate purchases, but now I'm tapped out and still I think 47 gems short. You're right. WAY overpriced. I guess they knew some of us suckers would bite, but I have a bad taste in my mouth that I bit and STILL wasn't able to get the pet I wanted. I don't think I'll be this much of a sucker again. Hopefully. But I don't think I will do this again. If it was crowns, they'd have for sure purchase. But the gambling aspect just burned me pretty good.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Far too expensive, shame
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a single crown gem item that's worth the price? I doubt it. Another layer in ZOS's grand crown store social experiment: How much IRL money will players drop on cosmetics?

If you're listening, please hire me so I can help process the results.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have bought some crowns to buy it, myself. Always liked Watchers. But gems? they must be f***ing joking.
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to this pet but alas.
    Honestly, if this pet was just offered up for X about of crowns in the store they would sell more of them in the end!
    People would buy crown packs and buy this pet and maybe more items along with it with the crowns they purchased instead of throwing crowns at playing RNG.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Overpriced AF, hard pass.
    (>_<)p
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're seeing how far they can push it. Crown gems only! Limited time only! Crown gems AND limited time only! A LOT of crown gems and limited time only!

Roll up, roll up
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    300 gems is fine. That’s only $300 for a pet that does absolutely nothing.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was so ready to pick this up today, I don't ever buy pets. I'm expecting maybe 1k crowns, never been so disappointed in a crown store offering, did not expect them to price it at 300 gems. I'm on my last threads with this game, this company, it's getting sickening seeing their greed extend further and further.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to “silently” judge people on their purchases.

I have the voice of an angel.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many gems lying around because I haven’t liked any of the mounts from the last 3 or 4 seasons. So I got it. Glad to see I’ll be unique-ish.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, don't get me wrong - I have the gems and could purchase it. I refuse to do so, because I think it's scummy marketing and a disgusting move on the part of the company.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the pet, it's adorable, but I don't have enough gems ... and I don't think I would have spent 300 CG on it even if I had them. That's a *bit* too much - even for me (who loves digital pets to bits).
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    I have so many gems lying around because I haven’t liked any of the mounts from the last 3 or 4 seasons. So I got it. Glad to see I’ll be unique-ish.

And I think that's the point. The pricing on these two items is designed to deplete some players gems balances. I'm sure though, that they wouldn't mind some players blowing a bunch of money buying crates to try and get enough gems. I have only 89 gems left from my free crates. I spent most of my free gems on items from previous seasons that I liked (like the matching senche cubs for the mounts I bought outright with crowns).

That's not to say I don't think the price is excessive, because I do. But, if you've got gems lying around that you haven't spent on anything and really like this pet, then why not get it?
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Really dissappointed. Wanted the pocket watcher and would pay crowns for it. But not going to buy loads of crowncrates in the hope to get lucky or get the gems out. Lousy decision to make it a 300 gems pet.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should rename it The Pocket Thief !!
    :D

Greedy Zos, just unnecessarily greedy....

That adorably ugly little green squid should be 100 gems or 200 gems at the most.

Edited by Girl_Number8 on October 11, 2019 6:25PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep WAY overpriced. For comparison: I get ~100 gems out of 15 crown crates. So that's 15,000 crowns for adorable baby watcher. 45,000 for the awesome Goutfang senche (which I really wanted)

I've heard from players who do have enough gems, and they didn't buy these *because* they are so overpriced.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 11, 2019 7:43PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep WAY overpriced. For comparison: I get ~100 gems out of 15 crown crates. So that's 15,000 crowns for adorable baby watcher. 45,000 for the awesome Goutfang senche (which I really wanted)

I've heard from players who do have enough gems, and they didn't buy these *because* they are so overpriced.

I have enough gems as well, but there's no way I'm going to waste them on something like this, when you just spend 2 seconds thinking how many crowns that really is, and by extension, how many real life moneys that really is. I can barely justify buying apex mounts with gems, I'm not gonna spend an equal amount of money on something like this.

And I hope everyone recalls some of us mentioning the slippery slope of increasing price gouging, well this is exactly another step down that slope.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slopes don’t have steps by definition.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then call it another slide down said slope. Or another incline. Why are we even debating semantics here.
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭

A step with one's foot mayhap?
    Edited by Avariprivateer on October 11, 2019 10:45PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown crate sales must be going great for them to create such a gem sink. Amazing how they managed to add yet another level of complexity to gem-exlusive stuff: random pricing. It could be anywhere from 100 to who knows anymore, so people will feel the need to stock up on gems just in case /o\
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Then call it another slide down said slope. Or another incline. Why are we even debating semantics here.

I’m just playing. I agree with your sentiments. There’s no way I’d be buying up crates to get to 300 gems.

In my opinion gems are spent money. If I didn’t have an excess of gems I wouldn’t have bought it. To me, it’s money already spent/ gum already chewed. I don’t like mounts and most other pets, and the things I want they won’t offer (motifs and things that aren’t in the game yet). So it makes no difference to me.

Crowns I got from before I cancelled my membership and crates I got from before the last 3 seasons. What am I waiting for if not that?

Knowing my luck, a dark colored shadowy reskin that looks closer to Hermaeus Mora will be released for free in the next months rewards or something lol
    Edited by max_only on October 12, 2019 12:53AM
  • Skitamine
    Skitamine
    ✭✭✭
    40 gems, I would, but 300 ? Nope, unless it spit gold coins, nope ! Nope !
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have had the thought of adding these ON TIME instead of being WEASELS about it.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP