The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No more dlc

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
Soo
Zos releases dlc every 3 months. The new content is great. But I can’t enjoy the new dungeons if I’m disconnecting all the time.
I can’t enjoy a new zone with 5 minute loading screens.
I can’t enjoy cyrodill at 10fps

I can’t enjoy the game with combat so lifeless and boring that everything feels the same.

Veteran players leave every patch, so in time, there will be no one left.

Zos.
Stop releasing dlc until the game has been fixed. Then maybe more players will buy them.

Look on the forums for ideas to balance the game.
Fix the lag.
Fix combat.
Make the game better.

Who agrees?
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont

the one thing has nothing to do with the other... do you think the art designers and world designer and all those people working for zos can help in any way with fixing the technical issues? I would assume those are different people - so they need to work on things simultaneously.

Besides - if they dont add content by the time they "fix" the game (If that is even possible) no one is around anymore because players have moved on to other games.

Dont forget how long content development takes - there is a 1 year delay between starting to develop it and release it - next years content is most likely 80% done and art designers and story writers etc. will most likely start working on 2021 story line soon....
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who agrees?

there'll be a lot of new players who will

- buy the game
    - buy DLCs or sub
    - buy crowns

before they become "veteran" and start to cry on forums

and threating ZOS that they're gonna unsub/leave every patch

btw 5 min loading screens sounds like a hardware issue to me
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who agrees?

there'll be a lot of new players who will

- buy the game
    - buy DLCs or sub
    - buy crowns

before they become "veteran" and start to cry on forums

and threating ZOS that they're gonna unsub/leave every patch

btw 5 min loading screens sounds like a hardware issue to me

I’m on a Xbox 1 s.
    No hardware issues
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop releasing dlc until the game has been fixed. Then maybe more players will buy them.

First of all, by the only measurement we have concerning player growth ESO has more players each month than the same month of the previous year for several years running except for the last two. The last two are more likely due to burn out with the heavy changes to combat while Zos implements their new "vision" for combat. Changes fatigue is what drives veteran players from the game more than anything else.

The second biggest reason for veteran players to leave the game is lack of new content coming into the game so the idea of ceasing adding new content is a bad idea. We saw this during the first year to two years of the game. Zos had gone 6 months without adding any new meaningful content and announced it would be another 6 months before any would be added while they worked on console. There was a mass exodus and many very active guilds in PvE and PvP ceased.

Further, there are a number of employees at Zos who has no skill base for fixing issues with the game. They are great for content creation. The idea ignore this or suggest they should be laid off and Zos find replacements for this amazing talent if they are no longer available once Zos starts creating content again.

It also ignores that Zos has announced what seems to be a major performance improvement plan and has made sure all of us in the forums are aware of that. Yes, I am aware not everyone has noticed the news article or pinned thread on the subject.

So it seems there is no real upside to the idea and a number of downsides.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. PvP had it's largest exodus in the first 12 months of this game. That is certainly by total numbers but also probably by percentage as it was huge.

Regardless, since the game launched players have been crying out the game is dying or aspects of the game is dying yet we seem to keep on chugging along.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tell art team to make nice motivation posters for coders? Tell story writers to write news articles on website meanwhile? DLC releases have no impact on work being done for improving performance. Only way to get people working on performance by not making DLC is to fire everyone that isnt on job for doing performace tweaks and hire full team of code monkeys.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Meh. PvP had it's largest exodus in the first 12 months of this game. That is certainly by total numbers but also probably by percentage as it was huge.

Regardless, since the game launched players have been crying out the game is dying or aspects of the game is dying yet we seem to keep on chugging along.

^This.^
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soo
    Zos releases dlc every 3 months. The new content is great. But I can’t enjoy the new dungeons if I’m disconnecting all the time.

I can’t enjoy the game with combat so lifeless and boring that everything feels the same.

Zos.

Fix the lag.
    Fix combat.
    Make the game better.

Who agrees?

you should've added: "I'm on XBox".
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soo

Zos.

Fix the lag.
    Fix combat.
    Make the game better.

Who agrees?

And fire every poeple that arent in the combat team or tech team(or whatever it is called) in the process? I think not

You clearly dont understand how a game company work

What will the story writer do in the meantime
    How about the zone designer?

You also clearly have problem on your end to since my first gen ps4 on a 20mb/s dont encounter your problem