Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can find the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"An error occurred...." on Character load Request

Scorpionwind
I thought I would share this as I had this problem for 3 weeks and ZoS support has not been helpful.

Do NOT do the below :
-delete add-ons
- open ports
- re-install / re-download

(those are ZoS Support responses and do not help)

The solution :

From reddit :

"nz_sekta
·
You may have a messed up shader cache file or no cache at all. Delete shadercache.cooked in your ESO documents folder and edit UserSettings.txt and make sure you have this line: SET CachedRLREnabled "1". Log in, should take a while as it builds the cache. After that it should be fast every time."

@ZOS_BillE

Please sticky this.
  • Bw04h
    Bw04h
    Tried this, still doesn't work :(
  • Scorpionwind
    Please post if you are also experiencing this issue....maybe with enough voices in one place, ZOS might actually attempt a solution.
  • Morgis
    Morgis
    Having same issue. They fixed the EU because it was primetime for them and alot of people were complaining. We have a few hours still before prime time so guess we wont get fixed for awhile if not tomorrow.
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA user here. TL; DR version: I can't log-in today and I'm getting multiple error messages. Also--today's problems for me were preceded by a series of log-in issues and long loading screens that began when the Elsweyr event launched last week. This week's maintenance just made the game completely inaccessible to me.

Full Version: When I try to log in, I often get the same error message as the OP. However, I also keep getting a rotating cast of error messages each time I try to log in. I get the "An error has occurred. Please try again later" message, as well as Error 301 and Error 200 messages.

I tried various solutions--all to no avail. I've tried updating my add-ons, disabling my add-ons, and flushing my DNS cache. Nothing works. On the off chance that I actually make it past the log-in screen and into the character select screen, I often encounter infinite loading screens after I select a character. Then I have to force quit the game and restart again.

It's also worth noting that my log-in issues today have been preceded by a series of loading screen and log-in issues that began with the start of Elsweyr event last week. Ever since then, I've been encountering long or infinite loading screens regardless of where I'm at. I get these problems in major hubs like Vivec or Mournhold, or even if I'm just entering or leaving a delve in low-population zones like Shadowfen...or my own player house!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With so many of us encountering the EXACT same problem, I think we can say with some confidence that it's not on our end.
  • Scorpionwind
    I am in and stable (for now) using WTFast...

Early stages, but cautiously excited
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Good luck...still having issues. PC NA
    Feannag
  • HonoriAmma
    HonoriAmma
    Soul Shriven
    same issue. non steam. finally got to log in after two tickets submitted via website. Charc load has been rolling for 2 hours now.
  • HonoriAmma
    HonoriAmma
    Soul Shriven
    ·
    You may have a messed up shader cache file or no cache at all. Delete shadercache.cooked in your ESO documents folder and edit UserSettings.txt and make sure you have this line: SET CachedRLREnabled "1". Log in, should take a while as it builds the cache. After that it should be fast every time."

@ZOS_BillE

Please sticky this.[/quote]

This did it! YAY! Thank you! <3
  • Scorpionwind
    @HonoriAmma so glad this worked for you. It worked for a while with me, but I then it did not. Seems the. Txt file resets itself.

If it does come back, get wtfast - been working so far for me