The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best gameplay and balance was in?

Centurionax
Centurionax
✭✭✭

Best gameplay and balance was in? 68 votes

Elsweyr
77%
BaphometKadoozyssewallb14_ESOSeaUnicornArwyrDagoth_RacMorimizoTBoisLarianaThe UninvitedRebornV3xSwiftnoodleMartoSomewhereWeisstagsusmitdsJinMoriSuryoyoAgentSyloMCBIZZLE300 53 votes
Scalebreaker
5%
bgoldbeck21_ESOczarGunzorkRitzler 4 votes
Dragonhold 5.2.3
16%
problematic_favekickback120ub17_ESOkaluntefireraptureDeep_01mikemaconDeCarnPr0SkygonWildRaptorXchrighttOrderoftheDarkness 11 votes
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[ ] Elsweyr
    [ ] Scalebreaker
    [ ] Dragonhold 5.2.3
    [x] Beta

post-2-1445282250.gif

Edited by SirAndy on October 8, 2019 2:44PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One Tamriel was my favorite.
    Playing since beta...
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr
    Summerset was great too. Magblade was still not ded, while magplar was already buffed to compete.
    Elsweyr had OP bashcro situation in PVP. So PVP ppl probably would be against it.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gameplay 1.5

Balance 2.4
    PC EU
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1.6 until Dark Brotherhood. In my opinion Dark Brotherhood was by far the absolute worst patch which we ever got. They absolutely overbuffed heavy armor and introduced proc sets and the game is still recovering from this patch. I'd wish ZOS would just reroll the game to pre Dark Brotherhood and start improving it from that point.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5, start of 1.6
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Elsweyr
    Elsweyr by far, everything was good, the sky was blue, birds used to sing, I'm just looking at it again and for a magDK main it was by far the best patch since like I don't know I started just before one tamriel.
    So many buffs, good sustain even though they deleted wings.
    Then came scalebreaker and dragonhold, I just don't have the words to describe them seriously, the people behind those notes probably had good intentions or thought of themselves as way better than their predecessors but let's be honest, how can you come with such numbers be it for buffs or nerfs, like it basically look like they're telling: hey Elsweyr was so much unbalanced that we needed to resort to these numbers.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was pretty happy with 3.2, I'll pick that one for "best."
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    I want a Morrowind build with the Proc set nerfs, and the current Heavy Armor tweaks we have.
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭
    For me personally, just before morrowind 2016 was a fun year for me all round in pvp and pve was mostly balanced imo.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why only three options? Are these just the updates since you've been playing? And no "Other" option -- seems very biased.

I imagine a lot of people would pick other updates way before the ones you mentioned.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beta and before 1.5
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad pool, no one tamriel.
  • MyGTX
    MyGTX
    ✭✭✭
    1.6 patch
    like a zooooos
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr
    I think thieves guild was the most balanced with a few exceptions like mag nb in pvp
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One Tamriel was great and Dark Brotherhood too.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One Tamriel, at least everyone mag and stam was broken. Also all proc sets, the ability to use all armor skills with no 5-piece requirement, etc.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not this current trash. Bashcro meta was better and that says a lot.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves guild
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr
    Orsinium actually
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragon Bones
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

[ ] Elsweyr
    [ ] Scalebreaker
    [ ] Dragonhold 5.2.3
    [x] Beta

post-2-1445282250.gif

I agree, beta was well balanced.....
  • DarkGottbeard
    DarkGottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    Submitting my write-in vote for patch 1.2
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr
    Honestly?
    I started at cwc but everything pre elsweyr was awesome as a nb main
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr
    @ZOS_Gilliam
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Look at the results.
    People like elsweyr and one Tamriel to dark brotherhood.
    How about you look at those patches as inspiration for future patches? Wouldn’t be hard
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.6, 1.5 runner up
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsweyr
    Between the 3, els was by far the best.

I do not like the reduced damage from aoe dots, and over emphasis on st dots, which basically make every class play pretty much the same, doing the same damage as before, but with less choice and versatility, just as much as i do not like the massively nerfed dots in this new patch.

A middle of the road approach was far better.

Just because it';s an aoe dot doesn't mean it can't do any damage in st, especially considering that unlike wow, we only have a handful of abilities on our bars, constantly switching between aoe and st setup is annoying as ***.

But you know what's even worse than dps nerfs? Sustain nerfs, that *** just makes me quit the game until sustain is better. Coincidentally iv'e not been playing for a long time, but not just because of balance, there are many reasons to it which i already discussed.

It's fine to buff abilities that were not used to make them more viable, but if you also nerf the other alternatives, you basically force people to go with only 1 build, which is what happened when you nerfed aoe dots and buffed st ones.

It's like painting with one hand and destroying the painting with the other, what's the point of it? Create diversity one one side, just to destroy the other, so basically we have the same problem with different abilities, and this is one of the reason i just got tired of eso, *** this endless cycle of nerfs, and always delaying tackling the actual problems on the game.

One day all of this will bite you in the ass, all of this delaying because you thought you could get away with it, one day, people will just have had enough.

I honestly refuse to believe that Gilliam had any hand in these changes, i liked his streams, he always came off as a pretty smart guy, so i don't really think he has much "power" when it comes to changing stuff, either that, or i don't really know.

The other thing is, that the same team supposedly made the els changes and these changes, so it;s rather strange that they make good changes in the expansion, but then drop stupid *** like the last 2 patches.
    Edited by JinMori on October 9, 2019 5:09AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, your poll missed like 1 or 2 other options.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it's always the same - 'currently'.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr
    I think zos should have a more direct feedback method.
    I honestly don’t think they read the forums
    Or just hire someone to scan the forums and list all stuff that isn’t bull
    I linked @ZOS_Gilliam and @ZOS_BrianWheeler above (and here) but I doubt they will actually see this discussion, let alone take any note of it.