The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

5.2.3 Stonefist

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
from 5.2.2 notes:
Stonefist: Adjusted this ability and the Stone Giant morph based on PTS feedback, as well as in preparation for an additional pass in a future Update. This is merely part one!
Dev Comment: In response to many points of feedback we’ve seen centered on this ability, we’re going to spend some more time improving the gameplay pattern and visual story telling this ability provides. While we won’t be able to do another large pass in this update, the changes above fit more in line with the direction we plan to take with the ability. The lesser stack requirement should help in building up to a moment of devastating stun feel more tangible in terms of landing in hectic combat, while the shorter duration should give opponents more time to react to it.

from 5.2.3 notes:

So.........

when's part two?

what is "this update"?
Edited by Davadin on October 7, 2019 6:49PM
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're talking about U25. so... 3-5 months from now.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

02b.gif
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

02b.gif

1 more week of pts so their is still a glimmer of hope on another thread I gave a suggestion which would solve a lot of issues for dk

Swap wings and leap wings is now dk ultimate with reflect back and leap is now a spammable
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

02b.gif

1 more week of pts so their is still a glimmer of hope on another thread I gave a suggestion which would solve a lot of issues for dk

Swap wings and leap wings is now dk ultimate with reflect back and leap is now a spammable

no. because ZOS has a bad track record of re-adjusting and re-balancing.

and to "nerf" the leap to become a non-ulti, i just don't trust them doing it lol
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

02b.gif

and to "nerf" the leap to become a non-ulti, i just don't trust them doing it lol

Understandable but my suggestion solves 2 key complaints I see on dk that is the loss of wings reflect and a spammable for stam dk
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭

02b.gif

Understandable but my suggestion solves 2 key complaints I see on dk that is the loss of wings reflect and a spammable for stam dk

Wouldn't leap be another ranged spammable then?
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

02b.gif

Wouldn't leap be another ranged spammable then?

In a sense but once in melee range it would be just repeated jumping lol
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

02b.gif

whoa, dude, no.

leaping as spammable would make me dizzy... lol

plus, it will have flight time, just like our current spammable: "flying poop fist".

i want melee, instant, low cost spammable.

loss of wing reflect should be fixed, i agree. i posted on ur thread, make the base gives 100% ranged immunity; 2 morphs, 1 morphs absorb, the other reflect back to attacker at 50% strength. make it short, like 3-5 sec. easy peasy. don't make it too long, don't make it cheap, don't make it based on a number of projectiles.

but leave my Leap ulti alone lol.... 8k aoe damage in Cyro, aoe stun, 110 ulti.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump.

are we ALL happy with StoneFist now in 5.2.3?

Are we not expecting anymore changes before October 21st?

is part 2 of the changes will really come after 3 months?

anybody else tested this in-game?

I still prefer to have the cost slightly decreased and the animation much quicker... though i did change my mind on making it no-projectile-melee.... coz in PvP i think projectile spammable is fine (with the right animation)
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev Comment: In response to many points of feedback we’ve seen centered on this ability, we’re going to spend some more time improving the gameplay pattern and visual story telling this ability provides.

I remember reading this quote, and I didn't fully understand it. How do they plan to implement the "visual story telling this ability provides"? Is that just a fancy phrase for we're going to look at the animation?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Dev Comment: In response to many points of feedback we’ve seen centered on this ability, we’re going to spend some more time improving the gameplay pattern and visual story telling this ability provides.

I remember reading this quote, and I didn't fully understand it. How do they plan to implement the "visual story telling this ability provides"? Is that just a fancy phrase for we're going to look at the animation?

yes.

basically (the way i read it) they wanna make sure the animation reflects the function of the skill.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They're gonna make the rock green or something probably. I don't understand why was it so difficult to make a melee spammable, but I have given up hope.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 11, 2019 2:07AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They just had one Job
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're gonna make the rock green or something probably. I don't understand why was it so difficult to make a melee spammable, but I have given up hope.

Green poop skill?

What an improvement.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »

Green poop skill?

What an improvement.

That is some people's idea of improvement.

Edit: On the plus side at least they said they won't do anything about it this patch so you don't have to wait for it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 11, 2019 2:51AM
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Green poop skill?

What an improvement.

Edit: On the plus side at least they said they won't do anything about it this patch so you don't have to wait for it.

Haha, right on. Guess I've sorta lost faith. (Like many others among us)

But I try to vent my frustrations through humor.

I'm a DK main from the start. I certainly wouldn't mind if they actually got the class identity sorted out.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How can you be happy with it?
    Fist
    Claw
    Fist
    Breath
    Fist
    Trap
    Fist
    Is that your PvE?

What about your PvP?
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist stun
    Major mending
    Vigor
    Fist
    Cautirize
    Fist
    Volitile

When other classes can play all stamina weapons, stamDK is locked behind SnB and major mending, running around rocks and trees, while applying a *** of dots and stagger stacks and crap like that.
    When other classes have teleport, invisibility flashy animations that make you feel like your class, stamDK is there... major mending and stagger ***...

Where is the Flame and Fury? Where is the destruction of the world around a raging DK? Where is the Dragon?

"There you go sweet opponent.. Ive just added a stack of stagger on ya. And now lemme use Venomous Claw and you got a DoT to deal with as well. Ill get you in time, dont you worry."

Flame and Fury... what a joke.
    Poop Fist.

Useless passives. Useless secondary effects. A chore to make it all work out.
    Thank you for the Combustion buff. Not as useless as Seething Fury attached on a magika spammable.
    So stronk now
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on October 11, 2019 3:15AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Green poop skill?

What an improvement.

I'm a DK main from the start. I certainly wouldn't mind if they actually got the class identity sorted out.

Ever since they invented the seething fury passive stamDk identity, or what was left of it, started to collapse. Having to slot molten whip despite the fact its magicka, the butchering of wings(while I agree it needed counterplay they completely gutted it and anyone who says otherwise is probably a magblade/magsorc main), cost nerfs to fossilize, prior to that the heavy attack nerfs meaning molten armaments was also out of the stamDK rotation.

So both in PvE and PvP we lost a lot of things. Class performance may have been stable but it definitely lost a lot of things that made it unique.

I feel like they had a very good opportunity to rework igneous weapons/molten armaments to put them in line with abilities like netch,rally, entrophy and also failed miserably there.

Everyone is so busy laughing to stonefist memes that nobody even mentions how they absolutely failed at improving igneous weapons& morphs.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 11, 2019 3:19AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Green poop skill?

What an improvement.

Ever since they invented the seething fury passive stamDk identity, or what was left of it, started to collapse. Having to slot molten whip despite the fact its magicka, the butchering of wings, cost nerfs to fossilize, prior to that the heavy attack nerfs meaning molten armaments was also out of the stamDK rotation.

So both in PvE and PvP we lost a lot of things. Class performance may have been stable but it definitely lost a lot of things that made it unique.

I feel like they had a very good opportunity to rework igneous weapons/molten armaments to put them in line with abilities like netch,rally, entrophy and also failed miserably there.

Everyone is so busy laughing to stonefist memes that nobody even mentions how they absolutely failed at improving igneous weapons& morphs.

Yeah. Im not a DK main but the 42s and 36m radius, just seems silly.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

Green poop skill?

What an improvement.

Ever since they invented the seething fury passive stamDk identity, or what was left of it, started to collapse. Having to slot molten whip despite the fact its magicka, the butchering of wings, cost nerfs to fossilize, prior to that the heavy attack nerfs meaning molten armaments was also out of the stamDK rotation.

They refuse to see the real problem with the ability. They're always so out of touch with their game, with their classes, with their community. Its not even a good thing that they buffed the duration because you still need to use this every 20 seconds to proc your minor brutality anyways, it literally changes nothing. (And proccing minor brutality is literally the only reason you would ever consider to slot this over other, non-class alternatives or potions)

So essentially what seems like a sustain and QoL buff on paper, is not even a buff to begin with.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 11, 2019 3:27AM
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fist
    Claw
    Fist
    Breath
    Fist
    Trap
    Fist
    Is that your PvE?

What about your PvP?
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist stun
    Major mending
    Vigor
    Fist
    Cautirize
    Fist
    Volitile

When other classes can play all stamina weapons, stamDK is locked behind SnB and major mending, running around rocks and trees, while applying a *** of dots and stagger stacks and crap like that.
    When other classes have teleport, invisibility flashy animations that make you feel like your class, stamDK is there... major mending and stagger ***...

Where is the Flame and Fury? Where is the destruction of the world around a raging DK? Where is the Dragon?

"There you go sweet opponent.. Ive just added a stack of stagger on ya. And now lemme use Venomous Claw and you got a DoT to deal with as well. Ill get you in time, dont you worry."

Poop Fist.

Thank you for the Combustion buff. Not as useless as Seething Fury attached on a magika spammable.
    So stronk now

Flames and fury is right.

Stamdk will never feel complete without fire.

How to implement it in a way that doesn't make magdk obsolete I'm sure I don't know.

It would (for me at least) look more natural for a Dragonknights to fight fearlessly at melee range with melee weapons and draconic flames.

That's the dream anyway.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts on Stonefist however, the only thing I can think of is making it a melee Stam spammable where you right arm becomes a cool stone gauntlet and slam the enemy with a right hook.

STONE and FIST. It almost makes too much sense.

That might be cool at first... But then Stam dks would become glorified boxers.

So I'm hoping the scrap the morph all together and surprise us with something new and unique to the stamina dragonknight.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fist
    Claw
    Fist
    Breath
    Fist
    Trap
    Fist
    Is that your PvE?

What about your PvP?
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist stun
    Major mending
    Vigor
    Fist
    Cautirize
    Fist
    Volitile

Poop Fist.

So stronk now

How to implement it in a way that doesn't make magdk obsolete I'm sure I don't know.

It would (for me at least) look more natural for a Dragonknights to fight fearlessly at melee range with melee weapons and draconic flames.

That's the dream anyway.

ill be happy even with Poisonous Flame,it's still flame....

...but noooooo........here's some flying poop that u gotta stack before it shows its utility. oh btw, its friggen expensive too.

what? spammable? THAT IS your spammable :trollface:

Green poop skill?

What an improvement.

They refuse to see the real problem with the ability. They're always so out of touch with their game, with their classes, with their community. Its not even a good thing that they buffed the duration because you still need to use this every 20 seconds to proc your minor brutality anyways, it literally changes nothing. (And proccing minor brutality is literally the only reason you would ever consider to slot this over other, non-class alternatives or potions)

So essentially what seems like a sustain and QoL buff on paper, is not even a buff to begin with.

i'll be honest, ive tested in PTS and im happy they added major brut in the morph. i can take out Forward Momentum/Rally and slot this is, and every now n then i can do Heavy Attack.

but lets go back to this thread's topic.

how to make poop fist work? in pve or pvp.

in pve its no better than other wep spammable. in pvp the range is nice but still hits like poop and it have travel time.

it's just not usable anywhere.

am i wrong?
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stone fist hopefully over the years will slowly morph into stam whip.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fist
    Claw
    Fist
    Breath
    Fist
    Trap
    Fist
    Is that your PvE?

What about your PvP?
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist stun
    Major mending
    Vigor
    Fist
    Cautirize
    Fist
    Volitile

Poop Fist.

So stronk now

The problem dk dots have been good but never strong effectively since without weapon skills in class dk has no major damage the answer dk dots should be absurdly powerful basically oh sh** I just got venomous clawed or burning embers I either run purge turtle or die. Basically since dks have no mobility as this kind of balances out to counter a dks Uber dots you fight them from range or up close at your own risk.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fist
    Claw
    Fist
    Breath
    Fist
    Trap
    Fist
    Is that your PvE?

What about your PvP?
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist stun
    Major mending
    Vigor
    Fist
    Cautirize
    Fist
    Volitile

Poop Fist.

So stronk now

The problem dk dots have been good but never strong effectively since without weapon skills in class dk has no major damage the answer dk dots should be absurdly powerful basically oh sh** I just got venomous clawed or burning embers I either run purge turtle or die. Basically since dks have no mobility as this kind of balances out to counter a dks Uber dots you fight them from range or up close at your own risk.

i like this idea.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fist
    Claw
    Fist
    Breath
    Fist
    Trap
    Fist
    Is that your PvE?

What about your PvP?
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist stun
    Major mending
    Vigor
    Fist
    Cautirize
    Fist
    Volitile

Poop Fist.

So stronk now

That's the dream anyway.

...but noooooo........here's some flying poop that u gotta stack before it shows its utility. oh btw, its friggen expensive too.

Green poop skill?

What an improvement.

i'll be honest, ive tested in PTS and im happy they added major brut in the morph. i can take out Forward Momentum/Rally and slot this is, and every now n then i can do Heavy Attack.

in pve its no better than other wep spammable. in pvp the range is nice but still hits like poop and it have travel time.

am i wrong?

So you're telling me you'd rather use your magicka for major brutality rather than major mending, when you can have a burst heal from rally?

not the brightest bulb on the porch aren't you.

As for stonefist, Its clearly meant as a PvE spammable, the stagger damage taken mechanic and ranged nature suggests that it was never designed for PvP players or players who cares about DK identity to begin with.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 12, 2019 8:01PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fist
    Claw
    Fist
    Breath
    Fist
    Trap
    Fist
    Is that your PvE?

What about your PvP?
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist
    Dot
    Fist stun
    Major mending
    Vigor
    Fist
    Cautirize
    Fist
    Volitile

Poop Fist.

So stronk now

That's the dream anyway.

Green poop skill?

What an improvement.

am i wrong?

So you're telling me you'd rather use your magicka for major brutality rather than major mending, when you can have a burst heal from rally?

not the brightest bulb on the porch aren't you.

As for stonefist, Its clearly meant as a PvE spammable, the stagger damage taken mechanic and ranged nature suggests that it was never designed for PvP players or players who cares about DK identity to begin with.

i have 4 magicka skills on my pvp rotation, i never ran out of mag for Frag for major mending and Volatile Armor major resistances.

also i run 3-pots with 3 stat regen.

but when i burst people in cp cyro, i can run out of stamina...

so yes, may not be the brightest bulb on the porch but one of the sharper knife in the drawer.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"Visual story telling" lol

More dumb word salad from the Chief Buzzword Designer himself.