The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

THE DK IS SAVED!!!

BrentBlemish
BrentBlemish
✭✭✭✭
I'm really honestly very very happy about the changes to the DoTs on the DK. OMG. Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_RichLambert and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and anyone who is responsible for this adjustment! Maybe @ZOS_Gilliam ? idk! im just so happy the class ive been playing for 3 years still stands! :D
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The DK community is responsible for these adjustments.

And also the general community for the damage increase of other various DoTs of other classes.

We tested, we spoke, ZOS listened.

Edited by Dragonnord on October 7, 2019 9:32PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may actually use stone giant now for that additional damage🤘🏻
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    The community is responsible for this adjustments.

ZOS:
    You want to cry me a river? Go ahead...
    Oh.. you already did... :D

It is nice to see that at least this. Other classes are not that vocal on forums. Look at Werewolf for example. An niche mini-class not vocal enough to be listened....
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes thank you ZOS, my favorite class is back and I can still enjoy its identity as a DoT play style. Gonna keep using maelstrom weapons which makes rotation much more fun.

• BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    The community is responsible for this adjustments.

ZOS:
    You want to cry me a river? Go ahead...
    Oh.. you already did... :D

It is nice to see that at least this. Other classes are not that vocal on forums. Look at Werewolf for example. An niche mini-class not vocal enough to be listened....

Not as much of a buff but ww got some love pair ww with necromancer who increases all dots by 15% now
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody delighted by these changes 😁👍Fiery breath has been buffed by 50% making stronger than on live? Anyone on the PTS to check numbers?
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Good job guys B)
  • Gunzork
    Gunzork
    ✭✭
    Yeah this is pretty good I think. Will be back when the dlc come out ;)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dots should have been like this from PTS week 1. As for the rest of the changes, yes, I agree, thanks to whoever made these changes I realized that stamDK's power fantasy is to be a rock throwing cave troll.

Who would like to be a class specializing in using poisonous flames, venomous claws, martial arts and such lame , boring stuff, when you can THROW A ROCK AT THEM!
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally good changes much Thanks for this, Just this Combustion Passives need an Update. I mean Burning immunity on Dunmer rly Sucks coz i know how much Dunmers around Cyrodiil. :)
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloody delighted by these changes 😁👍Fiery breath has been buffed by 50% making stronger than on live? Anyone on the PTS to check numbers?

technically no, but i too want to see if anyone got PTS, please post screenies.

i cant login until late night tonight.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there still one more round of patch notes to come down the pipe next week, or was this the last one before the actual patch goes live?
    Edited by Donny_Vito on October 7, 2019 7:36PM
  • Denmaras
    Denmaras
    ✭✭✭
    I dont wanna be the negative nancy, but if you guys actually compared tooltips to live version you would notice that this patch is still nerfing DK, maybe slightly less than some other classes and the sustain from combustion is nice and really nice if you build around it, but all in all the only thing that received a slight buff in dmg this patch is banner.
    Currently with the same gear ember is like 20k over 12s on live vs 15k over 14s on pts, engulfing 10.7k over 12s on live vs 11.7k over 14s on pts.
    And with the bugfix you also lost the 10% increase on direct dmg of ardent abilites.

Really dont wanna sound negative, but the truth is, overall it's still a nerf
    Ebonheart Pact [EU]
    Walpurgá Sorc VR16 | Denmaras DK VR16 | Marie Chase NB VR7

Hopesfire - Little Dragons - Trueflame
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denmaras wrote: »
    I dont wanna be the negative nancy, but if you guys actually compared tooltips to live version you would notice that this patch is still nerfing DK, maybe slightly less than some other classes and the sustain from combustion is nice and really nice if you build around it, but all in all the only thing that received a slight buff in dmg this patch is banner.
    Currently with the same gear ember is like 20k over 12s on live vs 15k over 14s on pts, engulfing 10.7k over 12s on live vs 11.7k over 14s on pts.
    And with the bugfix you also lost the 10% increase on direct dmg of ardent abilites.

Really dont wanna sound negative, but the truth is, overall it's still a nerf

it's fine. my green claw DoT is 23k. bad breath is 15k. before major+minor brutality. that can't be nice.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Isn't there still one more round of patch notes to come down the pipe next week, or was this the last one before the actual patch goes live?

no idea. would love to have 1 more pass, but then there's risk it'll be a nerf too.
  • AzurasDaddy
    AzurasDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    DK is definitely looking a lot better than week 1, but yea let's get super excited about doing less damage at a much higher cost...
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow I feel like dk is getting away with highway robbery and we could be nerfed any second if they notice it’s actually good XD I’m really happy with the changes it’s just that we have been kicked while we were down many times in the past. MagDK we back baby!
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Sustain will be bad, less damage, high cost skills, more heavy attack...

Other classes don't rely on DoTs as much as DKs do. So we're still eating a big nerf damage wise and sustain wise.

Nothing exciting about the new combustion, thinking at how much burning embers and engulfing flames miss, applying the burning status is not that easy especially against the range classes or stamina dodge rollers.

Eruption might be useful again in BG to apply the burning status to multiple people at the same time in stationary fights...

And I bet that next patch they will nerf FoO, Inhale, Burning Talons, Volatile Armor and probably dragon blood. These are untouched. Nothing to be excited about, only nerf patches are coming.
    Edited by Suryoyo on October 8, 2019 7:29AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep ya fingers crossed. Still a couple more updates where the gurus could do anything.