The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Bombard is over performing needs to be adjusted

chris211
chris211
✭✭✭✭
Bombard is over performing needs to be adjusted
Edited by chris211 on October 6, 2019 7:26PM
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    the fact the the skill is a aoe skill that roots and snares you or entire groups for very little cost and little counterplay is broken the skill needs to be adjusted in the future
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are tanks that have no class AoE root you know? I don't understand how is Bombard better than Talons, Gripping Shards or Encase :neutral: In fact, it is not. Thanks to stamina cost while class AoE roots cost magicka.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 6, 2019 7:50PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »
    the fact the the skill is a aoe skill that roots and snares you or entire groups for very little cost and little counterplay is broken the skill needs to be adjusted in the future

I think you are stuck in 2015 my friend.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can’t believe I just saw bow and overpowered uttered in the same sentence. I have now seen it all.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    Bombard is not overpowered. I don’t use bow but the damage can often be easily healed through
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are tanks that have no class AoE root you know? I don't understand how is Bombard better than Talons, Gripping Shards or Encase :neutral: In fact, it is not. Thanks to stamina cost while class AoE roots cost magicka.
    Pretty sure OP is speaking from a PvP perspective.
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I can’t believe I just saw bow and overpowered uttered in the same sentence. I have now seen it all.
    With all due respect, I think you're mostly playing in unorganized, mid-range MMR BGs. In those games on my Necromancer, I've only ever seen 1 "Bombard spammer," and he really isn't all that dangerous otherwise. He also doesn't run premade groups so far as I can tell.

You should step into some high MMR games with certain players who abuse the bejeezus out of Bombard. Cleanse it off? Instantly re-rooted with 0 immunity. Use Race Against Time? Re-rooted 2 seconds later. It will absolutely decimate your resources to try and maintain any mobility whatsoever on a Magicka build.

There also seem to be some bugs with the skill, since I've cleansed it off before and remained completely unable to move for several seconds, even though I had 0 debuff icons active.
    Bombard is not overpowered. I don’t use bow but the damage can often be easily healed through
    Bombard can oftentimes hit roughly as hard as most other spammables that aren't named Dizzying Swing, but the damage itself isn't the issue with the skill. I've long maintained that roots and snares need to be a factor in PvP, and not something that can be completely ignored. That said, it simply shouldn't be possible to completely lockdown opponents to the degree that one can with Bombard. The ability to spam the root + snare over and over (and over some more) needs to be toned down.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    they just neef to imcrease the cooldown on roots since its only 2 secs and dodge rolling is 4sec.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't even remember the last time I got hit with Bombard. Didn't they already nerf it to death years ago?

Is this a necro'd thread?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For someone to slot bombard in pvp they are sacrificing alot. Maybe poison injection? Maybe main hand bow (lol gl) imo it's a strong ability but it comes at a cost.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    With all due respect, I think you're mostly playing in unorganized, mid-range MMR BGs. In those games on my Necromancer, I've only ever seen 1 "Bombard spammer," and he really isn't all that dangerous otherwise. He also doesn't run premade groups so far as I can tell.

You should step into some high MMR games with certain players who abuse the bejeezus out of Bombard. Cleanse it off? Instantly re-rooted with 0 immunity. Use Race Against Time? Re-rooted 2 seconds later. It will absolutely decimate your resources to try and maintain any mobility whatsoever on a Magicka build.

There also seem to be some bugs with the skill, since I've cleansed it off before and remained completely unable to move for several seconds, even though I had 0 debuff icons active.
    Bombard can oftentimes hit roughly as hard as most other spammables that aren't named Dizzying Swing, but the damage itself isn't the issue with the skill. I've long maintained that roots and snares need to be a factor in PvP, and not something that can be completely ignored. That said, it simply shouldn't be possible to completely lockdown opponents to the degree that one can with Bombard. The ability to spam the root + snare over and over (and over some more) needs to be toned down.

I play at the highest MMR on PC-NA
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    For someone to slot bombard in pvp they are sacrificing alot. Maybe poison injection? Maybe main hand bow (lol gl) imo it's a strong ability but it comes at a cost.

Don't have to sacrifice anything if you're just a CC monkey in either a pre-made BG group or an open-world zerg.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you don’t. If you did, youd see plenty of bombard spammers like me, mystikkal, or Ali Sabre.

It’s a stupid skill that needs to be nerfed. But at the same time, I feel it’s necessary to counter a Warden group permafrost push / 3rd party.

With perma getting toned down I’d be ok with bombard also getting toned down.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living Dark says hi....
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay that’s it. ZOS if you see this it’s time to start moderating nerf threads. Enough is enough. If people do not provide any real evidence at the very least the thread needs to be immediately locked or deleted.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Okay that’s it. ZOS if you see this it’s time to start moderating nerf threads. Enough is enough. If people do not provide any real evidence at the very least the thread needs to be immediately locked or deleted.

Bombard is only overperforming in endgame, small scale PvP, in which the bombarder is fighting an organized group that is stacked. This is most commonly seen in high MMR BGs, but is also seen occasionally in cyrodil.

Most of the people that don’t think it’s OP are neither fighting it or using it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

No you don’t. If you did, youd see plenty of bombard spammers like me, mystikkal, or Ali Sabre.

It’s a stupid skill that needs to be nerfed. But at the same time, I feel it’s necessary to counter a Warden group permafrost push / 3rd party.

Yes I do. I just haven’t been playing BGs much and have only done about 12 solo queues since the last patch, 12 or so premades.

When I did them I saw Mystikkal almost every match. You sometimes.

I didn’t like the NB changes so stopped queueing. Then rolled in a premade for a while in the middle tiers but got bored when we won every match.

Not playing BGs as often anymore doesn’t drop your MMR.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I do. I just haven’t been playing BGs much and have only done about 12 solo queues since the last patch, 12 or so premades.

I didn’t like the NB changes so stopped queueing. Then rolled in a premade for a while in the middle tiers but got bored when we won every match.

Two things:
    1. You don’t play primetime and don’t fight groups with dedicated bombard spammers. It’s not a problem in off hours, none of the players then have caught on.
    2. Bombard spam has only been a problem for a little over a month.

• Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we give bombard a stack mechanic to create more counter play! You gotta hit someone three times in six seconds and they get immobilized. Maybe make the cost oh idk 3050? Ship it.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two things:
    1. You don’t play primetime and don’t fight groups with dedicated bombard spammers. It’s not a problem in off hours, none of the players then have caught on.
    2. Bombard spam has only been a problem for a little over a month.

I don’t play prime time so that’s why I haven’t seen it. But my point remains. Don’t just post threads saying this is OP. You’ve seen the changes ZOS makes. They won’t know what’s being talked about especially if the majority of players don’t. And don’t say things like there’s no counterplay when there is. There’s technically counterplay to living dark immobilized. We have race against time, we have shuffle etc. That doesn’t mean that it’s not OP, but this post is both factually incorrect and uninformative. This forum doesn’t need more nerf or balance threads that produce no evidence or an explanation. That doesn’t help the game and it definitely won’t help the devs make a change if they do make one at all.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

You act like this statement has any weight to it, MMR in ESO BGs is a joke and anyone who unironically says they're high-mmr should be ashamed of themselves.

Then by that logic anyone using lack of a high MMR as some sort of measuring device or as evidence of skill or lack thereof should also equally be ashamed, yes?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hamboot
    Hamboot
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree it seems like the immobile doesn't seem to have a coo down
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamboot wrote: »
    100% agree it seems like the immobile doesn't seem to have a coo down

I'm pretty certain they removed the cooldown that was added to the skill (I think it was added in Shadows of the Hist).

You act like this statement has any weight to it, MMR in ESO BGs is a joke and anyone who unironically says they're high-mmr should be ashamed of themselves.

Then by that logic anyone using lack of a high MMR as some sort of measuring device or as evidence of skill or lack thereof should also equally be ashamed, yes?

Irrelevant, because BG MMR is irrelevant in the first place.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf because its too strong against EP zerg
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He said that in response to me, since I brought it up. While it's true that MMR doesn't directly correlate to individual skill in PvP, that doesn't make it completely irrelevant. If you solo queue on a low MMR character that you already know how to play, you're going to annihilate virtually everyone in the low MMR games with ease. Get that same character into the high MMR games and things will absolutely be more difficult. Not every opponent is going to be a seasoned pro, of course, but you will still be less likely to see people with 75 CP, PvE builds, PvE gear, etc...There is absolutely a difference between low, mid, and high MMR games. Claiming otherwise would make me think that the poster has little, if any, actual experience in BGs, and certainly isn't playing at high MMR very often.

In the low/mid MMR ranges on PC-NA, I virtually never saw Bombard being used. As stated before, I remember seeing one single player that spammed it constantly, but s/he was overall not that great at PvP. This meant that they were very annoying to fight, but their playing ability and the overall flow of those games made it not a huge deal, even though I was on a weak class (Magicka Necromancer). The same can't be said when it comes to higher MMR games, where there are multiple non-bad players that use Bombard like it's an integral part of their religion. It's frankly worse than Wall of Frost ever was, and something definitely needs to be done about how spammable it is. Being rooted and snared is fine, but not when it's just non-stop lockdown against two teams of players that aren't terrible.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC EU only time i`ve seen this skill being used is on below 50 bgs and in low MMR bgs..

If you seriously think any semi-decent group will let you spam bombard on them you must be joking, the bow scrubos are getting instantly deleted.
    I see Sniper spamming scrub >> KILL
    I see Javelin / Scater shot spamming scrub > KILL
    If i see ( which is veeeerryyy rare) bombard spamming scrub > KILL.

Unless the bow guy has cap resistances and is being Guarded answer is clear > GIT GUT
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bombard is only overperforming in endgame, small scale PvP, in which the bombarder is fighting an organized group that is stacked. This is most commonly seen in high MMR BGs, but is also seen occasionally in cyrodil.

Most of the people that don’t think it’s OP are neither fighting it or using it.

So basically its not OP is what you are saying ;) There needs to be general use of skill that overperforms, not situational. Situationally every skill overperforms somewhere against someone.

Unless this is just confused "AoE roots are OP against stacked groups" piece.
    Edited by SodanTok on October 7, 2019 8:28AM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dwemer Gilvothologist in 3... 2... 1...
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 7, 2019 8:36AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

I get the sense this nerf request is going to seem less funny in another three months.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

So basically its not OP is what you are saying ;) There needs to be general use of skill that overperforms, not situational. Situationally every skill overperforms somewhere against someone.

It’s a spammable AOE root with much longer range / effective area than others.. that’s kind of the point.
    RouDeR wrote: »
    On PC EU only time i`ve seen this skill being used is on below 50 bgs and in low MMR bgs..

If you seriously think any semi-decent group will let you spam bombard on them you must be joking, the bow scrubos are getting instantly deleted.

Unless the bow guy has cap resistances and is being Guarded answer is clear > GIT GUT

Lol what? There are no Stam dps with bow backbar on PC EU? No 2h/bow stamplars or Stam sorcs or stamdens? And nobody runs roots on EU? Hmm

I know EU builds tanky but damn that’s bizarre that nobody backbars a bow or runs roots in BGs in EU.

So crazy, in fact, that I don’t believe it at all. but I’ll ask some peoples. Who knows.

• JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

It’s a spammable AOE root with much longer range / effective area than others.. that’s kind of the point.
    RouDeR wrote: »

Lol what? There are no Stam dps with bow backbar on PC EU? No 2h/bow stamplars or Stam sorcs or stamdens? And nobody runs roots on EU? Hmm

I know EU builds tanky but damn that’s bizarre that nobody backbars a bow or runs roots in BGs in EU.

So crazy, in fact, that I don’t believe it at all. but I’ll ask some peoples. Who knows.

I mean, i've seen people who don't use some snare imunity only at low mmr bgs.
    at middle and high mmr, at eu server, it's very, very rare thing to see someone who suffer from bombard as a root.
    Shuffle, or forward, or phantasmal, or race in time + dodge sometimes at magicka builds. + charges who are in "trend" now.
    I don't believe NA differs much in this.

Frosts aoes with a permafrost *** at the top from premade groups - yes, different case and a problem even if u spam immunity at cooldown, bombard...not really

is this thread a trolling?
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.