The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Cast times on ultimates

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
So I know a poll about this was made in scalebreaker but I’ll make another just so ZO$ can see what a stupid thing it is

Cast times on ultimates 45 votes

No cast times on ults
84%
KikazaruJoy_Divisionbgoldbeck21_ESONifty2gEdziuMayraelkalunteDarsagaLucky28TheHsNTheDominionAdenomasusmitdsa_salty_pirateJinMoriQbikenRealPhoenixLiquidPonyVapirkoWayshuba 38 votes
Go! cast times
4%
Bobby_V_RockitTivnael 2 votes
It’s... complicated
11%
kojouKadoinZacuelSzendeSipofMaim 5 votes
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cast times on ults
    No cast times on ults! Stop trying to slow down combat! The server performance in cyrodiil exacerbates the problem to a point where it's nearly impossible to land the ults, even when I STUN them beforehand!
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cast times on ults
    I’m at the point where I would accept a small damage nerf on Onslaught and DBoS in exchange for removing cast times. And this isn’t because I can’t deal with the cast times. Essentially nothing has changed in my ability to finish players, it’s just made the process clunkier and for that reason alone I’d happily trade a bit of damage. Let’s be honest ZOS’ reason for adding cast time doesn’t add up either. You can still time ults, you still get dumped on and explode from abilities lining up sometimes. This nerf came straight from the inexperienced players who are, let’s be honest again, still getting wasted. Adding cast time was a nerf to QoC (quality of combat) and nothing more.
    Options
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s... complicated
    ._.
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cast times on ults
    There is no point in cast times when we have knock back that can't be broken.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    No cast times on ults
    Do we have less lags with cast time? NO WE HAVE EVEN MORE. Zos listen the comunity 99% hates cast time
    Options
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cast times on ults
    If they need nerfs (somewhat questionable given how easy it is to stalemate) then anything else would be better. Need some other balancing.
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No cast times on ults
    Casting Onslaught in large-scale PvP is risky because of the cast time -- not because it the cast time leaves you vulnerable and requires you to plan ahead, but because latency will often cause the skill to not fire. An instant skill only has to check ONCE whether you and your target are in range, while these cast skills have to check before you cast, while you're casting (which takes longer than the tooltip time during lag), and when you finish casting. Desync can cause this process to consistently fail

Constantly having to check whether or not the skill you just used actually fired is distracting and just feels bad and clunky. This sucks for ultimates, which are expensive & high investment decisions. It's less the case for ults without targets like Soul Tether.

If the cast time for Ults were instant, but the damage was delayed (idk how that would work for Onslaught), targets would have a chance to react while still improving the skill's performance. Especially under lag
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options