The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil - It just isn't fun anymore

• Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Saepio wrote: »
    Just get rid of that F'n ridiculous hammer, totally ruins the game during low pop time frames.

The hammer is actually quite nice and unpredictable new element in the pvp. I like it. Yet I agree somewhat with the frustration.

Maybe the hammer should be limited by time/faction. In example Daggerfall Covenant can hold the hammer for 5 hours/day.

It can be used to bring down castle walls super-fast and that alone makes it so powerful.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saepio wrote: »
    Just get rid of that F'n ridiculous hammer, totally ruins the game during low pop time frames.

Ain't any better during high population time frames, where the massive zerging it attracts bring the whole server to its knees. I can hear the ZOS hamsters screaming "Uncle!" under the workload.
    Edited by RMerlin on December 16, 2019 4:03PM
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »
    PvP is only getting better by the day Faction lock was the best thing to happen as far as im concerned
    Can you specify which tangible changes faction lock introduced that have changed the way Cyrodiil works? The only specific change I’ve seen anyone point out that’s a clear positive is “no spies”. But spies were never a major factor in how the campaign worked, and never impacted scoring much. What exactly is better now?

On PC EU EP faction is the underdog.

AD is usually the night faction. No need to discuss this, it happens that one faction puts up the pins... no real conspiracy behind this. Since lock EP does an incredible job as guerilla to get their scrolls back. I am not EP, but i see how well they play. DC is probably the strongest faction and quite straight forward. Whenever there are huge sieges blue vs yellow the reds attack 2-3 keeps at once. Just to weaken AD and to get one scroll back.

None of those moves happened while faction was unlocked. People just swapped to "balance" Cyrodiil the way they thought it should be. And while there was no lock there was never a DC vs. EP fight. It was just AP farming map up and map down.

CC was always a thorn for me... it juts doesnt go well with PvP on a scale of Cyrodiil. But the worst are currently the towers. They need a complete rework. They need to be square and straight up. No balcony to jump down to. Just square mini-keeps

You must be talking about CP, cuz no cp DC had been nightcapping for seven months, and AD still won this time.
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just a *** lagfest, that's what it is
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rataroto wrote: »
    It's just a *** lagfest, that's what it is

Yep.
    Lag was extra bad last night.

The kind of lag where you call your mount in the middle of nowhere and it takes 3 seconds before you hop on that sucker.
    Or none of your attacks land because your enemy isn't where the game shows you he/she is, because the server hasn't caught up to the action.

😭
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up last night it was so absurdly bad. Numerous people in group were complaining that players and effects weren't rendering. I friend on another faction whispered that our entire group was invisible to them.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance was also atrocious for me last night (Kaal PC NA). At certain times, I was unable to cast anything or even fire light attacks at all. The type of unplayable performance that I usually expect out of a busy Friday night, not a Monday night.

I'm growing highly skeptical of ZOS's ability to resolve this with the remaining optimizations they have on tap for the next two updates. Nothing short of a major server/bandwidth upgrade, or a major redesign of their networking code is going to fix this. Optimizations will only bring marginal improvements.