The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stop with the nerf forums

Jodynn
Jodynn
✭✭✭✭✭
Try to counter things
Try to learn how to use things
TRY

Crying for nerfs is just showing you have an inferiority complex and lack the breadth of knowledge to get better.

Your problems aren't everyones problems, figure your own *** out, and leave the game alone because you aren't in a "god mode" game, there will be challenges, that's the point.

I don't want a drab game with little to no skill level.

STOP IT
Jodynn PC NA
PvE and PvP MagDK
The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Nerf everything that kills me" basically.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we got rid of nerf threads, what would pvpers do on the forums? I mean, I guess they could spend that time learning counterplay, but what's the value in that?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird in other MMO's it is accepted that some classes are more viable against other classes and they call it balanced.

In this game one of the greatest assets is it build diversity and I personally love it!

You can build your character to be more viable against one build than another.

I do get really fed up with constant nerf feeds too and would really encourage people to recognise that some skills are op against some builds and not against others.
    Some are bis for a lot of builds and I would prefer to see skills improved to make them more enticing rather than nerfing a good skill.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 OP
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop with the "stop the nerf" requests, you're not going to stop anyone from complaining on the forums.
  • Illuzion0216
    Illuzion0216
    ✭✭
    Welcome to NerfScrollsOnline. Where more than half of the threads you see are nerf nerf nerf. Hardly you will see a constructive thread where discussions are about buffs to bring others on par or slightly near the other.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get demolished on a the daily but I never cry for nerfs, I've just slowly learned to accept that I'm trash and it's gonna be okay. lol
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some things are legit OP though, especially when put in relation to other sources of buffs, damage, or effects. Is that still a problem with countering or a skill issue, or is it fundamentally unbalanced and/or poorly implemented?
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Some things are legit OP though, especially when put in relation to other sources of buffs, damage, or effects. Is that still a problem with countering or a skill issue, or is it fundamentally unbalanced and/or poorly implemented?

If you give proof with validation that something is OP you aren't crying for nerfs you are crying for balance, you give metrics and ask for a reconsideration; if your post is nerf this because it's too powerful without proof or is commonly a misconception, and you have none to little perspective you are just whining and wanting to be superior without effort.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And also just because you say the word balance in your post of crying for a nerf doesn't make it correct; some people love those pop words but don't get the concept.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msalvia wrote: »
    If we got rid of nerf threads, what would pvpers do on the forums? I mean, I guess they could spend that time learning counterplay, but what's the value in that?

True PvP at least needs to know counter play as opposed to face roll PvE. ;)
  • echo2omega
    echo2omega
    ✭✭✭
    So what you are saying is that those skills that are grossly overperforming should be left alone.

Got it.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a full of skills ZOS shouldn't nerf and a full list of skills ZOS should nerf?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    echo2omega wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that those skills that are grossly overperforming should be left alone.

Got it.

What he's saying is that when every decent skill is nerfed and we are light attacking everything to death because the whiners who cried on the forums didn't want to L2P, the game will no longer be worth playing.
  • AngeredDaisy2
    AngeredDaisy2
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Most of the nerf requests aren't for this reason. Most are because "this class is OP in PvP and can 1v1 such and such" or because "such and such is more powerful than my such and such and that's not fair". About the only "can we nerf because" I even remotely don't roll my eyes at is stuff that includes "because now I can only be accepted to participate in particular events if I run in an all (insert class) group to beat such and such because it out class's literally every other class by leaps and bounds and ruins the fun of the game for a large number of people". I don't even propose nerfing stamcros by the amount that's being proposed even though in top trial teams they only run stamcros. Because it only affects a small number of players.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    Say it with me guys. NERF UR MUM'S
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Nerfs! More Nerfs! More Nerfs!
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you have missed a majority of what has been discussed since 5.2 patch notes dropped. It isn't just the nerfs. Last patch it was too much buffing of the DoTs.

What people are complaining about is one patch it is buff the heck out of things, the next it is nerf the heck out of them. It is the see-saw from patch to patch people are fed up with. How can you plan any development for your character or build when it is erased and you have to start from scratch each patch?

To say it again - it is the see-saw people are fed up with, not just the nerfs.

And to your point of people trying to learn and counter things - we do. And just as we learn them, ZoS flips everything you learned on your head the next patch to do it all again. How many times do you think people are going to relearn their class and builds every three months before they are tired of it?
    Edited by Wayshuba on October 3, 2019 7:50PM
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D-Swing needs a nerf- dots need a nerf.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to counter things
    TRY

Crying for nerfs is just showing you have an inferiority complex and lack the breadth of knowledge to get better.

Your problems aren't everyones problems, figure your own *** out, and leave the game alone because you aren't in a "god mode" game, there will be challenges, that's the point.

STOP IT

This should be bumped to the top of the forums every 3 minutes until the internet no longer exists.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could just shame and name the nerflings. If they knew that calling for a nerf without a mathematical proof will get them social stigma, then they would at least think twice. But noooo. Shaming is bad! Lets all be nice to each other and value everyone's opinion without appraising it first. Lets allow all ignorant fools to feel safe and confident. Because feelings are more important than facts. Emotions are more true than measured and quantifiable information attained through scientific method. Woohoo! Lets enjoy the age where everyone gets a hug and a pat on the back whether they deserve it or not!
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭

True PvP at least needs to know counter play as opposed to face roll PvE. ;)

My fault, I thought the sarcasm was obvious there. Should have added the /s to telegraph it.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try to counter things
    TRY

STOP IT

Counter Wings.
    Revert the ner... deletion on the ability.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on October 3, 2019 8:50PM
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    echo2omega wrote: »

Got it.

But isn't "grossly overperforming" subjective? What is "grossly overperforming" for you (i.e. what killed you most recently) isn't necessarily what is "grossly overperforming" for me (i.e. what killed me most recently).
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Stop with the "stop the nerf" requests, you're not going to stop anyone from complaining on the forums.

Stop with the Stop with the "stop the nerf" requests, you're not going to stop anyone from complaining on the forums.

It gets old.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be the end of the forums, I can see the tumbleweeds tumbling by already.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    More Nerfs! More Nerfs! More Nerfs!

You wanted to nerf my no more nerfs thread the other day at least you're consistent lolz
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could just shame and name the nerflings. If they knew that calling for a nerf without a mathematical proof will get them social stigma, then they would at least think twice. But noooo. Shaming is bad! Lets all be nice to each other and value everyone's opinion without appraising it first. Lets allow all ignorant fools to feel safe and confident. Because feelings are more important than facts. Emotions are more true than measured and quantifiable information attained through scientific method. Woohoo! Lets enjoy the age where everyone gets a hug and a pat on the back whether they deserve it or not!

I agree.Naming and shaming needs to be a thing.
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, nerf the forum please, it's noises are too powerful and the game stand no chance of winning.
    It's weird in other MMO's it is accepted that some classes are more viable against other classes and they call it balanced.

I would love to know which MMOs you are talking about. All those I have tried those last years suffer from the same plague as ESO. :'(
    Edited by TankinatorFR on October 4, 2019 1:28PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, nerf the forum please, it's noises are too powerful and the game stand no chance of winning.

I would love to know which MMOs you are talking about. All those I have tried those last years suffer from the same plague as ESO. :'(

I'm sorry to hear that :'( ... WOW just as an obvious example if you're a mage you fear rogue's (being the squishiest class) and I remember as a hunter finding them easy to counter.
    Every developer has to deal with complaints and as result makes changes. When people aren't happy to change how they are playing.

We have such a benefit in this game as we can build our counter into any class.

If there is a skill that is killing you, learn to counter it or build to counter. I can't think of many skills you can't learn/build to counter. I totally understand that when everyone is wearing the same type of armor and slotting the same skills, when there is literally thousands of combinations you can build to why things need to be improved.
    Thats is surely where ZOS need to buff things so we have a viable alternative.

I honestly don't require any nerfs to enjoy this game and do not want to see anymore classes identity harmed by the constant request for nerfs.