The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

These morphs are still underwhelming

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
One Hand and Shield
Shielded Assault : We already have a huge shield built into 1HS skill line. Consider changing this morph into an immobilize for 4 seconds.

Bow
Toxic Barrage : Consider lowering the ultimate cost to 150. As player is sacrificing alot of self DPS by getting locked into a channeled attack, make this morph a group utility by providing 7-10% increased poison damage received on the target for the duration of poison.

Destruction Staff
Elemental Susceptibility : Consider changing this morph to a taunt with Major Fracture and Major Breach OR increase the status effect chance on the target by n%. Remove the duration refresh.

To make ice staff tanking more attractive, remove the frost heavy attack taunt from the Trifocus passive and replace it with increased heavy attack speed which flame staff previously had. Increase the damage shield a bit. The current damage shield is way too low and too slow to heavy attack with.

Restoration Staff
Healing Springs : Most of the healers have dropped this morph altogether as the healing was lowered across the board and magicka return it provides is not worth taking over the other morph. Consider increasing this value to atleast 100 capped to 6 players OR return n% of the skill cost over 8 seconds.

Soul Magic
Soul Strike and morphs : Consider lowering the ultimate cost to 150.

Vampire
Baleful Mist : Instead of turning into mist, form a cloud of mist around you that does x damage every n seconds. Make this a self centered DOT similar to sorcerer's Lightning Form. Players will actually get a useful skill for PvE and PvP.

Fighters Guild
Ring of Preservation : Consider reducing the cost and increase the duration to atleast 12 seconds. Adjust the HOT frequency if needed.
Evil Hunter : Increase the duration of damage buff to 7-10 seconds so that one may able to use this skill in a rotation with Silver Shards as a spammable.

Mages Guild
Entropy and morphs : Give Major Sorcery buff at base and remove the DOT component. Add DOT component back into Degeneration and HOT component into Structured Entropy.

Undaunted
Trapping Webs and morphs : Increase the radius to 6 meters.

Any other non-class skills/morphs would you like to add?
Edited by techprince on October 7, 2019 2:00PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian Shard morph of stam fist (NEW!) - absolutely underwhelming
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two Handed:

Carve -> Nerf, Nerf, Nerf
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian Shard morph of stam fist (NEW!) - absolutely underwhelming

Really? Obsidian Shard is buffed on PTS and it was already relatively good as DK heals go on live.

I would be more concerned with Cinder Storm (whose area of effect is too small, with a secondary effect that doesn't synergize at all with healing) and Fragmented Shield (which appears to be a healing-centric morph, but is undermined by scaling off of max health instead of max magicka and spell damage).
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on October 7, 2019 2:20PM
  • Centurionax
    Centurionax
    ✭✭✭
    Both morphs of sun shield are useless in PVP
    Edited by Centurionax on October 7, 2019 2:31PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot more poor abilities:
    - cinder storm (unusable in pvp)
    - refreshing path (not terrible but could use a buff)
    - funnel health (terrible)

Those are ones off the top of my head.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heroic Slash - Give it Major Heroism instead of Minor (although what’s heroic about hitting you opponents ankle I’m not sure)
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bursting Vines
    Expansive Frost Cloak
    Frozen Retreat
    Winters Revenge
    Deceptive Predator
    Impulse
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Bursting Vines
    Expansive Frost Cloak
    Frozen Retreat
    Winters Revenge
    Deceptive Predator
    Impulse

hey do you play warden?
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :( bump
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I add:
    - Daedric Tomb
    - Encase
    - Crystal Blast (!!!)
    - Bound Aegis
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Igneous weapons and molten armaments are still way too expensive at 4k+ magicka costs, Increasing the uptime doesn't really help as these are required to be used every 20 seconds to have uptime on earthen heart passives, so going in the reverse direction, decreasing cost and also decreasing the extremely long uptime of this skill and its morphs would be a big positive.

I believe keeping your buffs up is part of what makes a good player and I don't consider the last patch's changes as a buff because of this reason. A good player will pick weapon&guild line options that provide stronger benefits along with their major brutality/sorcery buffs, and save themselves tons of sustain by doing so.

And even a bad Dk player would start building the habit by using a brutality/sorcery ability with uptime around 20 seconds so they would start building the habit of buffing up along with volatile armor.

I don't consider giving your allies brutality/sorcery as an equal effect as it falls very short in actual usefulness, and any decent player will already have near %100 uptime on those buffs while in combat.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 26, 2019 3:47AM
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Heroic Slash - Give it Major Heroism instead of Minor (although what’s heroic about hitting you opponents ankle I’m not sure)

That would be absolutely mental. Since I play Dk I wouldn't mind having a source of Major Heroism but gaining it from Heroic Slash would be a little too crazy in my opinion.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flawless Dawnbreaker is complete garbage as an Ultimate too.
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Igneous weapons and molten armaments are still way too expensive at 4k+ magicka costs, Increasing the uptime doesn't really help as these are required to be used every 20 seconds to have uptime on earthen heart passives, so going in the reverse direction, decreasing cost and also decreasing the extremely long uptime of this skill and its morphs would be a big positive.

I believe keeping your buffs up is part of what makes a good player and I don't consider the last patch's changes as a buff because of this reason. A good player will pick weapon&guild line options that provide stronger benefits along with their major brutality/sorcery buffs, and save themselves tons of sustain by doing so.

And even a bad Dk player would start building the habit by using a brutality/sorcery ability with uptime around 20 seconds so they would start building the habit of buffing up along with volatile armor.

I don't consider giving your allies brutality/sorcery as an equal effect as it falls very short in actual usefulness, and any decent player will already have near %100 uptime on those buffs while in combat.

Absolutely agree. It is one of the most boring and useless Skills in the game. I already mentioned that in a post I made many patches ago. It costs almost twice as much as Degeneration, while Degeneration applies a Dot and gives you 2% more Magicka and Magicka Regen from the Mages Guild passive. There is no reason at all to run Igneous Weapons or Molten Armaments. Even in PvE it is useless since everyone buffs themselve with Potions. This might be a over the top, I'm not sure, but what I think would make sense since Dks evolve around Flame Damage and Battle Roar:

- bring down the cost to something around 2500
    - reduce the Major Sorcery uptime to 20 seconds
    - add a unique buff with a 20 second uptime: every time you deal damage with a lightattack you gain 3 Ultimate, this can occur every 2 seconds.

This would make the Skill more useful and interesting and make it fit into Dks skillset. Another idea:

-bring down the cost to something around 2500
    -reduce the Major Sorcery uptime to 20 seconds
    -restores 1350 Magicka and Stamina over 20 seconds

There are many more solutions possible.
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryanoxx wrote: »

Absolutely agree. It is one of the most boring and useless Skills in the game. I already mentioned that in a post I made many patches ago. It costs almost twice as much as Degeneration, while Degeneration applies a Dot and gives you 2% more Magicka and Magicka Regen from the Mages Guild passive. There is no reason at all to run Igneous Weapons or Molten Armaments. Even in PvE it is useless since everyone buffs themselve with Potions. This might be a over the top, I'm not sure, but what I think would make sense since Dks evolve around Flame Damage and Battle Roar:

- add a unique buff with a 20 second uptime: every time you deal damage with a lightattack you gain 3 Ultimate, this can occur every 2 seconds.

This would make the Skill more useful and interesting and make it fit into Dks skillset. Another idea:

The heavy attack buff from molten armaments is fine. It is the only skill in the game that buffs heavy attacks and gives something to dks that no other class has access to. And no, being able to increase the damage of heavy attacks isn't useless at all and can be effective if you know how to utilize it right, especially in PvP. Igneous weapons is largely redundant as players will generally find ways to provide their own major brutality/sorcery buffs. But I do believe both a cost and duration reduction would be better so you can make better use of the earthen heart passives.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igneous weapons and molten armaments are still way too expensive at 4k+ magicka costs, Increasing the uptime doesn't really help as these are required to be used every 20 seconds to have uptime on earthen heart passives, so going in the reverse direction, decreasing cost and also decreasing the extremely long uptime on this skill and its morphs would be a big positive.

The passive 10% weapon damage will be covered by using stone giant. And doesn't matter to magdks.
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »

The heavy attack buff from molten armaments is fine. It is the only skill in the game that buffs heavy attacks and gives something to dks that no other class has access to. And no, being able to increase the damage of heavy attacks isn't useless at all and can be effective if you know how to utilize it right, especially in PvP. Igneous weapons is largely redundant as players will generally find ways to provide their own major brutality/sorcery buffs. But I do believe both a cost and duration reduction would be better so you can make better use of the earthen heart passives.

Since heavy attacks were designed to restore ressources the heavy attack buff makes no sense and yes it is pretty useless unless you're zerging and dont get focused at all. Otherwise hitting a heavy attack with a firestaff gl with that or if you play a dk gankbuild, gl with that too.
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since heavy attacks were designed to restore ressources the heavy attack buff makes no sense and yes it is pretty useless unless you're zerging and dont get focused at all. Otherwise hitting a heavy attack with a firestaff gl with that or if you play a dk gankbuild, gl with that too.

This kind of comment just shows me that you're not capable enough of making effective utilization of heavy attacks. Because there is nothing useless at all about increasing the damage of an attack that by itself does more damage than light attacks on a per hit basis (better for burst), can be winded up outside of target range and sight, and on top of that actually generating resources for you when you land those hits, or at least burning the opponents resources when they try to mitigate those attacks.

I mean, if you aren't capable enough to use heavy attacks properly in an outnumbered fight, (because apparently you can only pull off heavy attacks when you either outnumber or surprise gank the enemy; according to you) that's actually your problem. Either learn how you can utilize heavy attacks better, or accept that your build/playstyle has limitations and there are mechanics in this game that you cannot take advantage of. Try that, instead of asking for the only heavy attack buffing skill in the game to be changed into some mindless, boring, hands off fire and forget passive skill with no real interaction, just because you personally are unable to make effective use of that skill.
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭

This kind of comment just shows me that you're not capable enough of making effective utilization of heavy attacks. Because there is nothing useless at all about increasing the damage of an attack that by itself does more damage than light attacks on a per hit basis (better for burst), can be winded up outside of target range and sight, and on top of that actually generating resources for you when you land those hits, or at least burning the opponents resources when they try to mitigate those attacks.

I mean, if you aren't capable enough to use heavy attacks properly in an outnumbered fight, (because apparently you can only pull off heavy attacks when you either outnumber or surprise gank the enemy; according to you) that's actually your problem. Either learn how you can utilize heavy attacks better, or accept that your build/playstyle has limitations and there are mechanics in this game that you cannot take advantage of. Try that, instead of asking for the only heavy attack buffing skill in the game to be changed into some mindless, boring, hands off fire and forget passive skill with no real interaction, just because you personally are unable to make effective use of that skill.

Then please show me a Clip of you in a 1vX with a MagDk using a heavyattack against players that do more than lightattacks.