Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

MagDK the downside? For PVP

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

The non-tank morph of Chains, Empowering Chains. Gap closes to player, does some flame damage and can't be dodged, grants 4 seconds of Major Expedition, doesn't CC player so you can follow up on getting close to them with a stun, and grants 2 uses of Empower.

It's legit a very good skill and I rarely see it used. It's very difficult to find room for it with all the other things you need is the downside.

Other big downside is the height issues it has (unless those got fixed in some incremental?) and they for example get absorbed by ball of Lightning so next patch you cant chase a sorc with them effectively.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Weak ranged attacks, bad sustain, lack of mobility. After update this class will be dead. I mean what you gonna do against ranged attacks? Spam rocks? Lol even if you get in the close range what you gonna do? Slap them few times with a whip before they get away again because all your other abilities will be pathetic?

Dk have a class gap closer You know ?
    No, elaborate pls.

The non-tank morph of Chains, Empowering Chains. Gap closes to player, does some flame damage and can't be dodged, grants 4 seconds of Major Expedition, doesn't CC player so you can follow up on getting close to them with a stun, and grants 2 uses of Empower.

It's legit a very good skill and I rarely see it used. It's very difficult to find room for it with all the other things you need is the downside.

Big fan of Empowering Chains. The 2x empower pairs well with Torug's for some fat LA/Whip weaves.
    Options
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chains work only on perfectly flat surface. They are useful only in the open scenarios in Cyrodill. Totally not reliable in battlegrounds.
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MagDk is in a great place. All the disadvantages I’ve read are build issues. Next patch? I’m build ready already. Loving it.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They fixed chains about a year ago. Last time I used chains in PVP, it worked very well; I had zero height issues. You can't pull yourself up to a wall or a stack of rocks, but it wasn't blocked anymore by junk on the ground and minor slopes and such.
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    they for example get absorbed by ball of Lightning so next patch you cant chase a sorc with them effectively.

Have you tested? Chasing sorcs was one of the very best uses for chains. :(
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you tested? Chasing sorcs was one of the very best uses for chains. :(

It used to be that way when I ran them in bgs one patch ago, dunno if its fixed yet, you can still chase them you just have to double cast chains since you used to get pulled to the orb.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chains work only on perfectly flat surface. They are useful only in the open scenarios in Cyrodill. Totally not reliable in battlegrounds.

BG’s is all I do and I use empowering chains effectively all the time. It occasionally fails to pull me in (maybe 1/10), but succeeds on the second try.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Weak ranged attacks, bad sustain, lack of mobility. After update this class will be dead. I mean what you gonna do against ranged attacks? Spam rocks? Lol even if you get in the close range what you gonna do? Slap them few times with a whip before they get away again because all your other abilities will be pathetic?

Dk have a class gap closer You know ?
    No, elaborate pls.

Excatly. Especially in no CP it's a very decent tool to keep a pressure on enemies that are trying to flee and recover.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In BGs chains are actually very usefull. More then in Cyrodill.
    Options