The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

knock back on dragon Leap

kalunte
kalunte
✭✭✭✭✭
just remove it please.

give it a 5sec stun+offbalance idc but remove this clunky knockback. the skill is way strong enough to be granted a ***'d up feature.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thomas had never see such bull before >:(

l2p
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some thoughts-
    Block still works against leap, right?
    Does having immoveable up work? I am thinking it does. Unsure
    DK's are vulnerable while leaping.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its nerf everything Monday smh

I haven't played on my mag dk in a while but leap is still one of my favorite ultis to see on the battlefield. Honestly learn to block bro
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    just remove it please.

give it a 5sec stun+offbalance idc but remove this clunky knockback. the skill is way strong enough to be granted a ***'d up feature.

no.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Precisely this is why so veteran players are sick of this game. A skill that has never, ever given a problem now is asked for a nerf... and not just any skill, an ultimate, which are supposed to be the most annoying skills anyone has access to.

Back in time, we had to learn to play the game before complaining, now is the opposite, just ask for nerfs in the forums on all powerful skills other classes have, so you can perform better.

Mediocrity will be the bane of ESO. Not CE, not lag, just a bunch of player asking for a higher ground and a lower sky, so they can climb up and makes themselves look like gods. But deep in their hearts they know... we know, they are just potatoes.

And potatoes should be under the ground, just where they belong.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Wheresthetea11
    Wheresthetea11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or the combat team could... you know... fix the animation of knockback...
  • b95fister
    b95fister
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike pvp in this game because I bad at it. That said I’ll let the experts in pvp decode what is to strong or what isn’t

For the knockback in leap even thou i die to it quite a bit because of l2p it is the funniest knockback animation in the game. Kinda like your char was uppercuted but from their feet.

The knockback is only annoying when foolish tanks use it in pve dungeons

#keeptheleap
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they cant fix the knockback's animation. this is one of the reason they removed it from dizzy. too much dmg + unhealthy features.

if you guys dks are thinking that knockback removal would be a nerf, it is only because you feel how overtuned it is. call me low and tell me to know how to block. idc at all.

who in those who answered "meh again nerf call" use the knockback to drop ppl from cliffs? none, you dont cast an ult in order to drop someone from an elevated spot.

it does huge dmg in an undodgeable range (since last patch or the one before). combined with a cluncky mechanism makes it awfull. thats all.

again, give it more stun duration for the trade. it wont matter much.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it give empower for 2 seconds. Unlimited use.

Hahahahahahaha.

Pls ZOS, this was joke... Dont do it
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I have is when it double stuns u with fossilise
    But that’s just a bug
    Why do noobs ask for nerfs when they barely know the game
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to nerf this ability. I almost died to a DK yesterday and that's just not fair. They need to lower the damage by 1000 and add a 15000 dot over 3 seconds to encourage counterplay.

😁
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerfs! MORE Nerfs! Geeze...IF you’re a DK, tbag EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING you kill today. Even mudcrabs.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on October 1, 2019 1:56AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can Zenimax just ban anyone who unnecessarily calls for nerfs?
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually OP isn’t asking for a nerf they feel the knock back is clunky and asking for a stun or off balance. Please stop assuming everyone asking for a change to a skill is wanting it nerfed the OP suggestions to replace knockback would actually be a buff to leap.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting rid of the knockback on Leap in favor of an in-place stun would be a BUFF. It will no long knock people out of placed aoes and your talons range. It would lose some coolness, though.

Personally I don't have problems breaking Leap stun if the hamsters are well fed. It's certainly not as bad as Javelin. (Which my magplar would prefer as a knock down as well.). I feel like not all knockbacks have the same cc break issues, which should suggest it's fixable. Or at least can be made better.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh.

This game is going to turn into a homogenised piece of garbage where every class just runs the same generic stuns, burst, heals and buffs with different names
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOOOOOOOL. Today I mages wrath executed a DK mid leap and it nearly brought tears of laughter to my eyes.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they cant fix the knockback's animation. this is one of the reason they removed it from dizzy. too much dmg + unhealthy features.

if you guys dks are thinking that knockback removal would be a nerf, it is only because you feel how overtuned it is. call me low and tell me to know how to block. idc at all.

who in those who answered "meh again nerf call" use the knockback to drop ppl from cliffs? none, you dont cast an ult in order to drop someone from an elevated spot.

it does huge dmg in an undodgeable range (since last patch or the one before). combined with a cluncky mechanism makes it awfull. thats all.

again, give it more stun duration for the trade. it wont matter much.

Ill say you are no fun.

Were were you all these years that leap was the only ultimate with a cast time?
    Leap misses a ton of people simply because by the time you land from a distance, the target has outrun the effect.
    Just get out of here. Go play tetris
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on October 1, 2019 5:15AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me guess, you want something nerfed for your benefit. You are selfish. You need to stop asking for nerfs and learn to block
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Can Zenimax just ban anyone who unnecessarily calls for nerfs?

I asked that once and got told no it would be unfair to ban them I say we just straight strip the *** game from them for LIFE
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you need to just delete the game my 5 year old son knows to block an leap GOT me 5 YEARS OLD. So just delete yourself please and ty
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 1, 2019 10:04AM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should remove it, because noobs keep using it in dungeons to knock away adds that I worked so hard to stack. They should also remove barely controllable stuns like those on pets, because all they do is make trash CC immune and impossible to pull in. The stuns should be moved to skills that allow for control, but stuns with an 8 second delay and random stuns from pets are unusable in PvE, and I can't imagine them being of much use in PvP.

This is not a nerf thread, this is a buff thread.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    They should remove it, because noobs keep using it in dungeons to knock away adds that I worked so hard to stack. They should also remove barely controllable stuns like those on pets, because all they do is make trash CC immune and impossible to pull in. The stuns should be moved to skills that allow for control, but stuns with an 8 second delay and random stuns from pets are unusable in PvE, and I can't imagine them being of much use in PvP.

This is not a nerf thread, this is a buff thread.

This an L2P THREAD GET IT RIGHT because even you said NOOBS do it not good players and the pet issues thats other thing but to change the pets would hurt them vma 1 bar builds so dont see it going down anytime soon
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine having problems pressing your right mouse button
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    BloodSkull_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine having problems with a class that is fun to play
    Edited by BloodSkull_ESO on October 1, 2019 10:52AM
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    BloodSkull_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AntonioP please shut this thread down before it turns into a sht fest
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flavor wise the knockback is essential. You leap into battle causing an impact that sends everyone flying off their feet. Plus they improved the knockback animation this update. You're asking for a fix already addressed in 5.2.0 notes.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t main or really play DragonKnight. My vampire NightBlade gets crushed by the leap (I like the Dark Stalker passive and regen). But that’s when I allow myself to be hit by one. It’s common to get immediately leaped on if you exit cloak lol.

Still think this is a bad idea though. Just break free if you’re stunned. Ridiculous how people really want to nerf this class even more.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just remove it please.

People like you are the reason combat balance is in such a terrible state. Instead of learning to adapt and play against different skills you come crying to the forums demanding a nerf. Pathetic. Dragonleap is a ultimate and absolutely does not need touching and butchering like most other DK skills have been.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Getting rid of the knockback on Leap in favor of an in-place stun would be a BUFF. It will no long knock people out of placed aoes and your talons range. It would lose some coolness, though.

Personally I don't have problems breaking Leap stun if the hamsters are well fed. It's certainly not as bad as Javelin. (Which my magplar would prefer as a knock down as well.). I feel like not all knockbacks have the same cc break issues, which should suggest it's fixable. Or at least can be made better.

The purpose of a knock back on leap has many uses, especially designed to leap into a group from distance and break their "ball" composition. I agree that the clunkiness of all knock backs, ups, downs are buggy, but knock back on leap has a purpose to serve and should stay.

I agree with others, it's a L2P issue - mostly. Bugs need to be addressed with CC Immunity and double dipping into CC/Knock back ,etc.