The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Patch Notes Live Stream?

NoodleESO
NoodleESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Will there be a live stream today talking about todays patch notes like last time?
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mhmm at least i know, there was a big *** with some chatbans ^^ I think, no.
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last one didn't help.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a mid-PTS patch? Why?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they took what seems to be the combat theme of the update, in this case "double the cost, half the damage" and talked through it, it might have been better. They could have thrown up the Excel spreadsheet and everything. They could have also explained how gutting a DoT/Attrition class is a better solution that just scaling back the handful of problematic DoTs they introduced last time they had a great idea.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    If they took what seems to be the combat theme of the update, in this case "double the cost, half the damage" and talked through it, it might have been better. They could have thrown up the Excel spreadsheet and everything. They could have also explained how gutting a DoT/Attrition class is a better solution that just scaling back the handful of problematic DoTs they introduced last time they had a great idea.

Ahh. You want them to justify themselves to the players. :)
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The did say they would start doing them, I just wanna know if they'll go back on their word and make it a one time thing.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BECAUSE THE PEOPLE ARE RIOTTING! WAKE UP AND GRAB A DAM PITCH FORK.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a stretch. Just a hope that they'd be able to demonstrate why their ideas are good ones.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »

The did say they would start doing them, I just wanna know if they'll go back on their word and make it a one time thing.

Even doing one live stream per PTS to discuss their intentions counts as more than they were doing. If Dragonhold's is the only time they do it ever, then you'll have a point.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they did it for the initial PTS. It does not sound like they intended to do that for every patch drop. They released a combat article just recently, which they probably would not have done if there were going to talk through that sort of stuff. Sometimes, things that ZOS does to inform the community don't go over so well. These days, I blame the community more than ZOS for any related problems. I have long been of the mind that ZOS should communicate more. Lately, I am thinking they should shut up and get back to work.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

That's a bit dramatic but it is the truth. The divide between the players and the dev team hasn't been this wide since Morrowind. I'm no marketing expert, but it may be in their best interests to try and win over the playerbase and part of that can come from increasing communication.

We will know much more when the patch notes hit so for now we can only speculate on the direction they will take since week 1 and 2. If they try to double down on nerf or even if they do a 180 and reverse many of them, added communication can go a long way to smoothing that over.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never though that the game should be changed to my whims...but a lot of people looked at the across the board slashes of DoTs and cost increases and wondered if they even knew what the DK class kit was...reports from PTS confirm those worries
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After today I fully expect people to be flying around Tamriel causing mayhem in the streets, trial groups trying to take down guards, and shop merchants running around with baskets covering their heads.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    It didn't go that well the first time. If they're going to keep doing those, they might want to give everybody a couple of hours to get past the first shockhorror. That was one ragey chat.

Assuming they're going to continue to nerf and wildly re-purpose things. Which I am.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So they can gloss over most of the changes and eat on camera?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »

After today I fully expect people to be flying around Tamriel causing mayhem in the streets, trial groups trying to take down guards, and shop merchants running around with baskets covering their heads.

Well, at least we know how to fly, now.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time they literally just skipped over the most controversial parts to try and distract people with stonefist and bound armaments... Didn’t work when people started testing and realized the new damage balances were totally off.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they can gloss over most of the changes and eat on camera?

That's what I got from the last one too. But at least it gives other streamers something to watch and ridicule, so in that way there was value.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »
    It didn't go that well the first time. If they're going to keep doing those, they might want to give everybody a couple of hours to get past the first shockhorror. That was one ragey chat.

It is best to ignore the chat. A swath of the ESO community isn't really interested in anything other than raging against ZOS.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here it is. Exclusive link to this weeks natch potes live stream..

https://youtu.be/wu2djWZzmz0