Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class change tokens

Brander12
Brander12
✭✭
Have you in plans to make them?
I would like to change my NB character to something else

Best Answer

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not going to happen, even ZoS specificaly stated so.

Just think of it from business standpoint. They recently added the ability to purchase skyshards and guild skill lines. By adding class change token they would undermine their own strategy.

And if you have money for class change tokens, you can just spend it on skyshards and guild skill lines.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 30, 2019 9:20AM
    Answer ✓
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    level a new toon...wtf..
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This topic has been done to death , just level a new toon
    Edited by White wabbit on September 30, 2019 9:22AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to happen, even ZoS specificaly stated so.

Just think of it from business standpoint. They recently added the ability to purchase skyshards and guild skill lines. By adding class change token they would undermine their own strategy.

And if you have money for class change tokens, you can just spend it on skyshards and guild skill lines.

Apart from it undermining their business case - which is a valid point - they've mentioned in one of the Twitch streams that it'd be too much of a hassle to get right, coding wise. They can't simply translate progress in templar skills to dragonknight skills, for instance, and it would almost certainly create more issues than it solves.

@Brander12
    So they've said no.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Brander12
    Brander12
    ✭✭
    How about achives? :dizzy: Got answered by Olupajmibanan
    thanks
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brander12 wrote: »
    I would like to change my NB character to something else

I feel you... :)

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if they will make this possible in the future when they will most likely change the CP system and do overhauls for each class (they seem to have something big planned).
    Yes, this is their way to say we don't have plans for X, but other big companies said the same and after a few years came back on that decision. For example, Blizz said the same thing about faction changes, it was a dead horse for years, until they have finally implemented it. So it really depends on what the devs want at a certain point. They might even add alliance change tokens at one point even if they say they have no plans for doing so.

Edited by kind_hero on September 30, 2019 9:35AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    it will never happen, also it would not be fair achievement wise... for example you run vma flawless with a magsorc, and then you change it into a stamblade... so your stamblade would have the flawless title xD No way Hose... ;)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tthhyyss wrote: »
    it will never happen, also it would not be fair achievement wise... for example you run vma flawless with a magsorc, and then you change it into a stamblade... so your stamblade would have the flawless title xD No way Hose... ;)

I agree with titles but some of the achievements account bound may shut some of the people up that keep asking for this
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    even if class change token take the achievements or tittles away from the char, i would be happy for it, and turning my magblade to magsorc. Sorry i... simply cannot leveling up an another character again xD
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    even if class change token take the achievements or tittles away from the char, i would be happy for it, and turning my magblade to magsorc. Sorry i... simply cannot leveling up an another character again xD

Enjoy the one you have. Zos was quite clear they are no interest in offering such a token. They acknowledged they are aware of the requests. This is not old news as Zos made the statement this year.

BTW, the answer to OP's inquiry was available in another thread created today asking the same question, essentially.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6368010#Comment_6368010
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How many have you actually levelled up that you can’t do another one

• Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Just two, i have simply no patience for it ^^
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that was possible i would have changed my templar into a necro or a nightblade.
    won't happen anyways...
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said there is no plan, but still race change wasnt in their plans too.

It's funny tho, they destroy playstyles and force people into other classes, to buy stupid skyshard and skill lines.
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just two, i have simply no patience for it ^^

Bless you <3 You're probably saving yourself quite the headache and torture at this point lol. Imagine rebuilding 10+ toons every big meta change haha.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    If that was possible i would have changed my templar into a necro or a nightblade.
    won't happen anyways...

Lol... And you would be back on Templar sooner than you think. Why I'm not surprised that I see you here saying something like:
    "Oh my templar is so bad, while [insert random class other than Templar] is so OP, oh poor me".

Edit:About the topic. I think ZOS would like to sell them but they are afraid their "balancing" would lead to situations where certain classes would be mandatory in endgame PvE or PvP which would lead to mass frustration and less income. Also selling upgrades like scrolls, riding lessons etc. generate pretty much good income so calss change token would be an arrow to the knee.
    Edited by Mayrael on September 30, 2019 2:09PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No class or faction change, else they couldn't sell Riding Lessons, Skyshards or Skill Lines
  • BennyButton
    BennyButton
    ✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    (they seem to have something big planned).

I've never read something more wrong in my life.