The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2019 Best Money Making Methods?

Swordbreaker
Swordbreaker
✭✭✭
As the title suggests, what are the best/most meta ways to make money in ESO?

Most of my moneymaking it fairly passive, coming from selling excess crafting materials and overland sets i gather as i just play the game naturally. It suits my playstyle and satisfies all of my in-game financial needs, but it is a bit slow too. The most i've ever had in my bank at one time is 1.7mil cuz i end up spending ALOT on the outfit system and motifs.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most efficient way to earn gold in ESO in terms of time is to work more in RL, buy Crowns with the extra money earned and trade Crown store items for gold. That's the unfortunate reality.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do your writs daily, ideally on multiple characters. It starts to add up fast.
  • Swordbreaker
    Swordbreaker
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    The most efficient way to earn gold in ESO in terms of time is to work more in RL, buy Crowns with the extra money earned and trade Crown store items for gold. That's the unfortunate reality.

Lmao i said IN ESO, not buying crowns on the website. Buying gold will always be the fastest method but i'm not talking about doing that. I'm talking about more fair and honest in-game work.
  • Swordbreaker
    Swordbreaker
    ✭✭✭

I do. I'm thinking stuff beyond that, once those are done each day.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do writs, preferably on lvl 50 characters as they get more gold (no need to level skills), you'll be getting a lot of surveys too, get the raw mats from them, decon and sell gold mats on zone chat.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best ways to make gold -- after the obvious hirelings and crafting writs -- are usually temporary, lasting a few weeks to a few months. After that there's too much competition, or something else changes.

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do. I'm thinking stuff beyond that, once those are done each day.

Writs are your best gold per minute right now unless you want to factor in lucky drops that go for tons of gold. Get all 18 toons up to max writ levels to start then at that point, you could work on a second account just for writs, but not too many people go that far. 18 toons worth of writs is about an hour, maybe less if you go fast so it does eat up time each day that you could be doing other things.

Also, try to follow trends on popular gear sets and see if you can farm them in reasonable time. Recently, I found myself farming Murkmire chests for Bright Throat jewelry which I was selling for up to 125k each. At some point the competition for the chests got to be excessive so I moved on to other things. Mother's Sorrow is still decent gold and there are a few other sets that have demand outpacing supply so you can jump on them if you notice it at the right time.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daily writs on as many characters as possible.

If you don't have a lot of max level characters or time, just get use your extra character slots, create and level characters to level 6, do the equipment writ certification quests and just do the equipment writs on those low level characters.

Over time they will give you a decent amount of surveys, put those in the bank, harvest the surveys once a week/fortnight on your max level character, who should be doing max level writs, so that you can harvest max level mats.

Then either sell those raw in guild stores or zone chat, or refine and sell the gold mats instead.

Its a lot better time wise than running a gathering route and saves wasting a lot of your play time, if your not good at doing the gathering routes or lack the time to do them.

Make sure to have lazy writ crafter to speed things up.
    and either Map pins or Lost treasure to see the survey locations on the map.
  • Swordbreaker
    Swordbreaker
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Do writs, preferably on lvl 50 characters as they get more gold (no need to level skills), you'll be getting a lot of surveys too, get the raw mats from them, decon and sell gold mats on zone chat.

Sounds like i'm already doing the best money making then lol. Just need to level my other characters to be able to do writs on them, but atm i'm doing writs on 5 characters a day.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, multiple character writs and also join a trading guild and sell whatever is on high demand and sell it
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been making a ton of coin with housing units all over tamriel...

I buy them cheap, furnish them nicely, then, rent them out on a weekly/monthly rate...

it's a win - win for everyone...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    who needs gold? for what?

buying gear? okay sure even the most expensive sets cost like 50K gold maybe.. and then what?

potions and food? okay... like 20K last you an entire month..

I don't know, really doesn;t seem like much gold beyond 200K is needed.

maybe im too casual.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made my gold the old-fashioned way:

tenor.gif?itemid=9577504
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remilafo wrote: »

buying gear? okay sure even the most expensive sets cost like 50K gold maybe.. and then what?

maybe im too casual.

Might be true for a casual playstyle. Definitely not true for endgame PvE or PvP.

For e.g. An all-piece legendary build with all prismatic glyphs for PvP in right traits can cost you anything between 800k to 2mill+ depending on rarity of sets and availability of golden jewelry. Yes, playing with just legendary weapons and rest epic quality is viable and what most people do, including me if I am not like 100% convinced whether it's worth it. Still the small bonuses per piece add up significantly and different between all epic armor/jewelry and all legendary armor/jewellery can become higher than a single set bonus in some cases.

Potions and food worth 20k can fly by in a hour, in cases.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It takes 800k to 1 mil gold to get into a build. Sometimes you get lucky and can get into a build for 200k to half a mil.

A month of pots runs me 200k to 300k.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell stuff
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm mats and sell them. I make 300k -450k monthly on just mats or scam people.
  • sadlythebest
    sadlythebest
    ✭✭✭
    Farm treasure chest and psijic nodes in Summerset for motifs and to decon equipment for Culanda Lacquer. That sells pretty well.
    PC-NA

vMA Flawless/vHRC HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR/vBRP/vSS
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telvar. I can make 1 mil in 3 hours. But it is not for the faint of heart. Basicly you farm district bosses and buy hakejio with them. Each hakejio sells for roughly 12-14k atm. The problems come in when there is an enemy Zerg around or worse a Zerg of your own faction. Solo a district boss with 4x multiplier and you get 12k telvar. Do that for all 6 districts you should end up with around 40k telvar for one loop. That's 8 hekeijo for 14k each. Do the math it's quick money but not easy
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    most of the things said here are not fun... Just farm Telvar, kill bosses and players with x4 ratio. then buy stuff with telvar and sell for gold to other players. I made like 2m in just a few weeks without even trying to make gold honestly.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I made my gold the old-fashioned way:

tenor.gif?itemid=9577504

Yes, that is the essence of RPGs.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writs on multiple characters. Not only does the gold from the writ add up fast but it is the best way to get gold matts which can be sold for even more gold

Doing quests, being active in the game.

Do not spend gold on dumb stuff. Just like RL if you keep spending it you will never save it up.

Farm rare items. This is the only part that takes actual effort. Get a regular group so you can get the DLC dungeons with rare drops on farm and sell the plans/motifs for gold.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

With the exception of jewelry crafting, you want the skills maxed out. Max tier writs can award Master Writs. Those can sell for a bit of cash, or can be converted into vouchers, which can also be used to create more cash (though that process is a bit more involved.)

Jewelry Crafting doesn't matter as much, because the writs themselves have very little secondary market value. The other six Master Writ types are nicely liquid, and can generate some solid income for you.

Beyond that, max tier writs will return max tier ornate and intricate pieces. The ornates vendor for a nice bit of pocket change, and the intricate can be sold to other players for a bit more. This is less true of lower tier ornates and intricates, though you will get some at your level regardless.

Fully setting up to run all Ruby tier all the time is a bit intensive, but once you're there the income is solid. Figure around 90k gold, minimum, in an hour (or a little more, if you're still smoothing out your process.)
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, do your daily writs on all your characters; EVEN those low level alts or mules. You will earn roughly 3 -4.5k per character, per day and doing them on 10 character slots will net 30-45k per day. You could earn your first million within a month.

DO NOT BUY legendary upgrade materials. Less spending means earning/retaining wealth. Light/Medium can be upgraded to legendary/gold within 3-4 days farming leather scraps and collecting resources. Less time for weapons.

Looking for specific gear; again saving means earning/retaining wealth. There are so many ways to farm out zone sets and plenty of people doing random normal dungeons to cue for specific dungeons for the desired sets; OR, you could recruit some friendly guild members to help out.

Find humanoid enemies to kill; they usually drop gold. The Maladar public dungeon is a prime example, plus you may find a Spinner's destruction staff worth something on the guild trader.

Crafting materials sell VERY consistently versus selling set items. You have ALL those daily writ alts., mules or drones put skill points into hirelings. Log in once or twice a day to collect; refine materials and sell.

IF you are regularly spending gold on a guild trader than you're losing more than earning.

Edited: Follow this creed and you can buy the crowns people want to sell and possibly own all the DLC without a subscription.
    Edited by Sahidom on September 30, 2019 5:59AM
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    Sell crowns or gear runs
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trading guilds
    PvP needs more love.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say:

Writs, hirelings on several characters -> master writs and materials -> GOLD

Play PVP, earn AP -> buy golden jewelry from the vendor, sell them -> GOLD

Play PVP, earn AP -> buy overland AP boxes from your base and pray RNG Jesus -> GOLD

Play Imperial City, earn Tel Vars -> buy Hakeijos or in-demand flowers -> GOLD

Farm resources -> materials -> GOLD

Buy newest DLC -> grind veteran dungeon for newest motif drops -> GOLD

I can't think of any other viable ideas.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and learn what's the current market price on different items.

In example, I bought a Ravaging Dagger for 7k and sold it immediately at 70k.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and learn what's the current market price on different items.

In example, I bought a Ravaging Dagger for 7k and sold it immediately at 70k.

Flipping can make you a lot of money, but it's very inconsistent. It's also very easy to lose your shirt trying to flip stuff if there's no market, even if the theoretical price is enough to turn a profit.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    remilafo wrote: »

maybe im too casual.

I'm not really into endgme/pvp stuff and I often don't have the time for running some content to the death hoping for an rng drop. So I use gold to buy stuff I didn't get. Like a Soul-Shriven skin, I ran Molag Bal for a few hours during the IC event, didn't get it but had my fill of the content, so I bought it from guild trader using the fact that it's prices considerably dropped.

I buy in game houses for gold since I don't really think their price in crowns is fair. I buy crafting recipes I want for my houses, since walking around looting stuff in hope for some rare drop takes much more time than some writs, same with outfit styles, some I earn, some I buy. I'm not really that into repetitive content, I already have a job. And before you say it, writs are nice and easywith addons and I can do them while watching a film or something since they don't require much attention and load screens take up most of the time doing them. I can do them whenever I want as opposed to running some vet dungeon or trial where I have to find a decent group which can be hard with my spotty entertainment time.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU