The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[PvP] Protective jewelery is pay to win [Math proof inside]

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Isn't protective like 1200 now?

The best armour per slot is the 1x piece armour monster sets. You can get 6k armour for slotting 2x armour pieces, way better than overated brass.

That has to be a bug, all other set bonuses for monster sets are the equivalent of 2,3,4 set bonuses of 5 piece sets.

Damn, everyone using monster sets with a double 1 pc bonus is exploiting. :open_mouth:

what are you talking about? like domihuas or kena? well that is not really a double 1 piece, as a one piece for a spell damage/weapon damage is 129, same with domihaus, 1096 is the same as stam/mag, which is what you get for a 2,3,4 set bonuses of 5 piece set, as i said. reists are 1487 spell/physical on the 2,3,4 set bonuses of 5 piece sets. look at it this way, it would be like if kena offered 258 weapon/spell damage, on the one piece, or if domihaus was 2192 of both stam/mag on the one piece. it makes no sense to have monster one piece be double a 2,3,4 set bonuses of 5 piece set. then what is going with all the other set that only have one set bonus, like iceheart or valkyn, by your logic they need to either get weapon crit or double 1096 health, in the case of valkyn.

On non hybrids, max stam + max mag is far superior to wpn dmg + spell dmg (and still somewhat on hybrid). And yes, double bonuses on sets that have single bonuses would certainly make them more competitive when it comes to just the 1 pc bonus; however that doesn't mean it would be more balanced, some full monster sets are quite competitive with their single bonuses.

Only in CP iirc

It's not so much about damage/healing, but easier sustain and of course any skills scaling off max stats only. Hybrid in no CP will have the most trouble of any build to reach workable levels of max stam/mag, so a double bonus for them is extremely useful. For a pure build their main resource pool becomes so large that it's just not much of a factor for sustain.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The best armour per slot is the 1x piece armour monster sets. You can get 6k armour for slotting 2x armour pieces, way better than overated brass.

That has to be a bug, all other set bonuses for monster sets are the equivalent of 2,3,4 set bonuses of 5 piece sets.

Damn, everyone using monster sets with a double 1 pc bonus is exploiting. :open_mouth:

what are you talking about? like domihuas or kena? well that is not really a double 1 piece, as a one piece for a spell damage/weapon damage is 129, same with domihaus, 1096 is the same as stam/mag, which is what you get for a 2,3,4 set bonuses of 5 piece set, as i said. reists are 1487 spell/physical on the 2,3,4 set bonuses of 5 piece sets. look at it this way, it would be like if kena offered 258 weapon/spell damage, on the one piece, or if domihaus was 2192 of both stam/mag on the one piece. it makes no sense to have monster one piece be double a 2,3,4 set bonuses of 5 piece set. then what is going with all the other set that only have one set bonus, like iceheart or valkyn, by your logic they need to either get weapon crit or double 1096 health, in the case of valkyn.

On non hybrids, max stam + max mag is far superior to wpn dmg + spell dmg (and still somewhat on hybrid). And yes, double bonuses on sets that have single bonuses would certainly make them more competitive when it comes to just the 1 pc bonus; however that doesn't mean it would be more balanced, some full monster sets are quite competitive with their single bonuses.

What does anything you just wrote mean? I am pointing out that the 2975 spell and physical resists on pirate skeleton and Lord warden in the new patch need to be 1487 spell and physical resists, so they match a one set piece bonus, like the majority of monster sets do on their one piece bonuses. You are just rambling.
  • iris56
    iris56
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the more round about pay to win claims I've seen...
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    People can choose not to pay.
    Edited by malistorr on September 26, 2019 5:18PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What does anything you just wrote mean? I am pointing out that the 2975 spell and physical resists on pirate skeleton and Lord warden in the new patch need to be 1487 spell and physical resists, so they match a one set piece bonus, like the majority of monster sets do on their one piece bonuses. You are just rambling.

You claimed it had to be a "bug", which is obviously not the case. Then you equated a max resource double bonus to a damage one, which is also wrong. That's what I was talking about.
    As for removing all resistance double bonuses, I think not. The sets who have them aren't OP (anymore), and balance between mismatched monster sets vs a full one seems fine.

• OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You claimed it had to be a "bug", which is obviously not the case.

not obvious at all, nowhere in the patch notes does it say, oh yeah, monster one piece are exempt from the rest of the resistance standardization.
    hen you equated a max resource double bonus to a damage one, which is also wrong

as far as one piece stats are concerned, yes they are. that is what they are, 1096 for max stam/mag stats and 129 for weapon/spell damage. they are definitely equal when you are saying that is what they are on a 2/3/4 piece of a 5 piece set, like i am saying.
    As for removing all resistance double bonuses, I think not. The sets who have them aren't OP (anymore), and balance between mismatched monster sets vs a full one seems fine.

if you really believe this, then i want double resources/stats on ALL monster sets. it makes no sense to have some that have it and some that don't.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

if you really believe this, then i want double resources/stats on ALL monster sets. it makes no sense to have some that have it and some that don't.

Did you even read my comment? Just putting a stronger bonus on an already strong set would clearly be OP.
    I'm getting bored of this, have fun.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, you are playing some unofficial server with U21 or earlier patch? :D where I can join
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less qq, more reading of the patch notes.
    What a forum warrior you are.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for a free ESO+ week and transmute away, you can research everything by buying from a guild trader.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has not returned to the thread since they found out about the Protective nerf ...