The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Target dummies reason for dps drop

Nordic__Knights
Nordic__Knights
✭✭✭✭✭
With everybody always phase-in showing numbers on something that stands still everyone takes. Damage as that's the damage that will always be applied sorry to say it is unrealistic to assume that something that stands still it's something that moves you will get the same amount of DPS from because you will not it's easy to do a rotation on a something that is still add movement in 90% in the rotation gets f*#ked off which then drops your DPS but yet when everybody looks at the stat sheets Define this stuff to be relevant like it's a full-time effect which makes everybody assumed that's what everybody's DPS is in Practical understanding of a fight which it is not this mini of rotations that get messed up by a single move of an ad so please stop posting stuff like it's relevant stop beating up on something standing steel it's not a challenge and with the development team please don't use them records throw them in the trash and stop basing are DPS off of them
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    add movement in 90% in the rotation gets f*#ked off

If that is the case, you are really bad at your rotation.

Anyway, this sounds like a serious case of "L2P". I recommend one pill of "git gud" three times a day after food.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Anyway, this sounds like a serious case of "L2P". I recommend one pill of "git gud" three times a day after food.

Then you would like to know that I actually have very high DPS I am very good at my rotation but there's simple factors that come into play with the lots of sets that if you miss a single marking on your target dummy your DPS would fall greatly and while fighting ads or fighting a boss if movement happens you're going to greatly lose DPS there let's take the asylum and black rose prison together for bow bow bars nothing is going to stand there while you rotate and swap bars twice to be able to hit your abilities to make the hit count only thing that will do that is a target dummy get the word dummy it takes you to hit a dummy to make the set work because nobody is going to stand there allow you to hit X ability swap bars hit X ability again and swap bars again so you learn pay
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 25, 2019 2:55PM
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you would like to know that I actually have very high DPS I am very good at my rotation but there's simple factors that come into play with the lots of sets that if you miss a single marking on your target dummy your DPS would fall greatly and walk fighting ads or fighting a boss if movement happens you're going to greatly lose DPS there let's take the asylum and black rose prison together for bow bow bars nothing is going to stand there while you rotate and swap bars twice to be able to hit your abilities to make the hit count only thing that will do that is a target dummy get the word dummy it takes you to hit a dummy to make the set work because nobody is going to stand there now you did hit eight ability swap bars put another ability and swap bars again so you learn pay

I might need google translate for that one :/
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you would like to know that I actually have very high DPS I am very good at my rotation but there's simple factors that come into play with the lots of sets that if you miss a single marking on your target dummy your DPS would fall greatly and walk fighting ads or fighting a boss if movement happens you're going to greatly lose DPS there let's take the asylum and black rose prison together for bow bow bars nothing is going to stand there while you rotate and swap bars twice to be able to hit your abilities to make the hit count only thing that will do that is a target dummy get the word dummy it takes you to hit a dummy to make the set work because nobody is going to stand there now you did hit eight ability swap bars put another ability and swap bars again so you learn pay

I might need google translate for that one :/

No being that I was using Google Talk to chat it came out wrong but being cleared up so you could go back and read if you'd like
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 25, 2019 2:57PM
    Options
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    With everybody always phase-in showing numbers on something that stands still everyone takes. Damage as that's the damage that will always be applied sorry to say it is unrealistic to assume that something that stands still it's something that moves you will get the same amount of DPS from because you will not it's easy to do a rotation on a something that is still add movement in 90% in the rotation gets f*#ked off which then drops your DPS but yet when everybody looks at the stat sheets Define this stuff to be relevant like it's a full-time effect which makes everybody assumed that's what everybody's DPS is in Practical understanding of a fight which it is not this mini of rotations that get messed up by a single move of an ad so please stop posting stuff like it's relevant stop beating up on something standing steel it's not a challenge and with the development team please don't use them records throw them in the trash and stop basing are DPS off of them

"Its unrealistic to assume that something that stands still its something that moves will get you the same amount of dps"
    - No one here thinks that.

"Its not as easy to do a rotation on something that moves"
    - No one here disagrees with that

Please read carefully: The trial dummy exists to offer a standardized target for testing and comparison BETWEEN classes. What does that mean? Because everyone gets the same buffs and debuffs on the trial dummy, you can now ELIMINATE VARIABLES and get better comparisons of one class to another. This is the first purpose of the trial dummy parse.

The second purpose of the trial dummy parse is to show the DPS CEILING, or in other words, what is the max DPS a class can achieve under ideal testing circumstances. This helps to rank DPS classes, which is helpful because it tells end game players which classes are most likely to perform the best, but also shows zos which classes are lagging behind.

The third purpose of the trial dummy is to allow consistent testing of various skills and sets. Because buffs and debuffs are standardized, you can now swap in different skills and sets and see their effectiveness in terms of DPS. This helps establish builds and rotations.

So yes, dummy parses are absolutely relevant. Yes, we can draw many conclusions from dummy parses. And yes, to achieve within 3-5% of the maximum DPS a character can do DOES take skill. IF you disagree, please post your 103k+ parse on a stamcro to show you understand the skill and practice that goes into achieving that number on a dummy parse.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zalathorm wrote: »

"Its unrealistic to assume that something that stands still its something that moves will get you the same amount of dps"

Please read carefully: The trial dummy exists to offer a standardized target for testing and comparison BETWEEN classes. What does that mean? Because everyone gets the same buffs and debuffs on the trial dummy, you can now ELIMINATE VARIABLES and get better comparisons of one class to another. This is the first purpose of the trial dummy parse.

The second purpose of the trial dummy parse is to show the DPS CEILING, or in other words, what is the max DPS a class can achieve under ideal testing circumstances. This helps to rank DPS classes, which is helpful because it tells end game players which classes are most likely to perform the best, but also shows zos which classes are lagging behind.

The third purpose of the trial dummy is to allow consistent testing of various skills and sets. Because buffs and debuffs are standardized, you can now swap in different skills and sets and see their effectiveness in terms of DPS. This helps establish builds and rotations.

So yes, dummy parses are absolutely relevant. Yes, we can draw many conclusions from dummy parses. And yes, to achieve within 3-5% of the maximum DPS a character can do DOES take skill. IF you disagree, please post your 103k+ parse on a stamcro to show you understand the skill and practice that goes into achieving that number on a dummy parse.

Thing is when development looks at DPS they look at the status sheets that are produced by that and assumed that's DPS the given person may understand that that is not actual DPS it's going to be applied during a fight development uses those statistics as that is what our DPS is there for dropping dps off of something that is unrealistically ever going to happen
    But you know what I'm done with the forms here you guys keep on hoping your dummies and keep on destroying DPS thinking the *** you do on here is relevant because all you're doing is destroying the game by trying to show impractical stuff as being practical bow/bow set up with fucken Asylum and BRP you'll never get to hit x swap hit x swap for full buffs on anything outside your dummies
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 25, 2019 3:11PM
    Options
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭

Thing is when development looks at DPS they look at the status sheets that are produced by that and assumed that's DPS the given person may understand that that is not actual DPS it's going to be applied during a fight development uses those statistics as that is what our DPS is there for dropping dps off of something that is unrealistically ever going to happen

What is your evidence for saying that the DEVs of the game make their decisions based off of dummy parses, and that they dont understand there is a difference between dummy parses and parsing in real content? Sounds like complete conjecture to me.

Also, you didn't respond to any of the 3 purposes of dummy parsing that I outlined, justifying the existence and usefulness of dummy parsing.

Also, are you aware that people can achieve over 100k dps in actual fights like yolnakrin?
    Edited by Zalathorm on September 25, 2019 3:08PM
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And by the way I won't play a damn stamcrow tho i have one I won't play it I ain't got to pay to win and that's all that class is due to ultimate
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 25, 2019 3:13PM
    Options
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    And by the way I won't play a damn stamcrow tho i have one I won't play it I ain't got to pay to win and that's all that class is due to ultimate

Again, you are not responding to my actual points regarding the value of trial dummies (I made three distinct points as to why they are valuable).

You also didn't answer my question about 100k+ parses on yolnakrin being achievable.

I can only assume you aren't interested in an actual discussion about this topic, nor are you considering opposing viewpoints.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your evidence for saying that the DEVs of the game make their decisions based off of dummy parses, and that they dont understand there is a difference between dummy parses and parsing in real content? Sounds like complete conjecture to me.

Also, you didn't respond to any of the 3 purposes of dummy parsing that I outlined, justifying the existence and usefulness of dummy parsing.

Also, are you aware that people can achieve over 100k dps in actual fights like yolnakrin?

Not saying there ain't some builds out there that are relevant correct look up most of the fights people are adding skills and sets together just to up damage on a dummy with skills and set together that you would never get to work practically outside of the *** dummy
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, you are not responding to my actual points regarding the value of trial dummies (I made three distinct points as to why they are valuable).

You also didn't answer my question about 100k+ parses on yolnakrin being achievable.

I can only assume you aren't interested in an actual discussion about this topic, nor are you considering opposing viewpoints.

No I'm not saying that it's all bulshit what I'm saying is with the sheets coming out in development looking at it and people buffing their *** with unpractical stuff to get higher DPS than what they normally would it's *** and yes the development takes sheets off the eso logs as practical all the *** time am I saying the dummy's bad for rotation no of course it's not am I saying dummy doesn't show close to what relative DPS would be no I'm not saying I'm saying by buffing your *** skills and buffing your *** sets just to hit a *** dummy doesn't mean it's practical DPS you stupid ***
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 25, 2019 3:25PM
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just because you can not do it does not mean it is impossible. The builds and rotations used for the top parses you see online are absolutely used in high end PvE. Of course rotations are a lot easier to do on a dummy, but learning to do them in a actual fight is a essential part of being a good DD player. The actual single target DPS is not even that much of in many fights. We see 80k+ single target in raid encounters and just looking at DPS phases this is pretty much on par with dummy parses.
    Dummy parses are neither wrong nor irrelevant. They present a good way of comparing and testing in a controlled environment.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No I'm not saying that it's all bulshit what I'm saying is with the sheets coming out in development looking at it and people buffing their *** with unpractical stuff to get higher DPS than what they normally would it's *** and yes the development takes sheets off the eso logs as practical all the *** time am I seeing the dummy's bad that one rotation no of course it's not am I saying dummy doesn't show close to what relative DPS would be no I'm not saying I'm seeing by buffing your *** skills and both of your *** sets just hit a *** dummy doesn't mean it's practical DPS you stupid ***

e31.jpg
    Options
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With everybody always phase-in showing numbers on something that stands still everyone takes. Damage as that's the damage that will always be applied sorry to say it is unrealistic to assume that something that stands still it's something that moves you will get the same amount of DPS from because you will not it's easy to do a rotation on a something that is still add movement in 90% in the rotation gets f*#ked off which then drops your DPS(...)
    It's simple: if you can't reach X DPS on a training dummy that stands perfectly still, then you sure as hell ain't gonna be pulling anywhere even close to X DPS in the actual trial.

Of course the dummy is no substitute for training in the actual content, noone is claiming that.
    In fact, this is part of the reason why progression groups/guilds exist.

BTW, as long as you are only running around (no dodgeroll/blocking involved), you can still maintain a rotation. Just saying.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to invite you all to go get the black rose prison bow an asylum bow run them together and keep a full 100% up time on both buffs outside an target dummy since your all that
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 25, 2019 3:40PM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure it has been said, but just in case.

1. pretty much anyone who raids knows a target dummy is good for practicing rotations, changes to gear and only a benchmark of what a player can do. Even some trial fights are considered nothing more than a target dummy. Craglorn trials have bosses that fall into this category.
    2. Most raiding groups/guilds want to see what you can pull in an actual fight with actual mechanics.

OP suggests dps gest screwed when you add movement. Every one is in the same fight. The ones that will pull higher dps are the ones that know their rotation the best and how to work it in that fight. It is what separates the decent player from the strong player.
    Options
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to invite you all to go get the black rose prison bow an asylum bow run them together and keep a full 100% up time on both buffs outside an target dummy since your all that

Most people that actually care will just use something easier to get the DPS they are looking for. Your a knock off masochist. You can’t intent play something that is hard and moan about. Keep practicing or just realize you are not good enough at it.

Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darsaga wrote: »

Most people that actually care will just use something easier to get the DPS they are looking for. Your a knock off masochist. You can’t intent play something that is hard and moan about. Keep practicing or just realize you are not good enough at it.

Once again like above you're missing the point this has nothing to do with whether I can hit the damage or not it's a fact that people are trying to show sets in combination together that is unpractical to run asking for Nerf to bows because of it
    ANY ROTATION THAT GOS skill-bar swap-skill-bar swap, with flipping skills of bows set proc to the opposite bow to get full time buffs of both aint practical outside of hitting a dummy
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 25, 2019 3:53PM
    Options
  • b95fister
    b95fister
    ✭✭✭
    Dummy parses teach muscle memory that is there purpose. Muscle memory is the ability to default to know what to do when a situation arises. This is why those with high dummy parses generally do well in boss fights.

Without muscle memory on tends to get lost or focus to much on ‘just staying alive’ and not do as much damage as possible. I love doing randoms and I see this everyday. Those that are practiced end up doing better then those that freak out due to unforeseen or confusing mechanics.

In no way is someone who never parses or has there rotation down to muscles memory going to magically pull a lot of dps just reacting to the boss all the time.

Parsing plus understanding the mechanics is what separates good players from no so good players.

Either play to get better, accept carries, or don’t raid. This game is full of choices.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b95fister wrote: »
    Dummy parses teach muscle memory that is there purpose. Muscle memory is the ability to default to know what to do when a situation arises. This is why those with high dummy parses generally do well in boss fights.

Without muscle memory on tends to get lost or focus to much on ‘just staying alive’ and not do as much damage as possible. I love doing randoms and I see this everyday. Those that are practiced end up doing better then those that freak out due to unforeseen or confusing mechanics.

In no way is someone who never parses or has there rotation down to muscles memory going to magically pull a lot of dps just reacting to the boss all the time.

Parsing plus understanding the mechanics is what separates good players from no so good players.

Either play to get better, accept carries, or don’t raid. This game is full of choices.

As stated above you two are missing the point it's always got to be that somebody posted something because they don't know how to play funny thing is I'm 1360 CP hitting between 73-86k on 12 dps toons
    Options
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    You aren't wrong but it seems like an l2p or tank issue. Hitting high numbers is easy on dummies but in trial raids your tanks will most likely hold on the bosses at a certain spot until mechanics come into play. If you feel like your DPS is low cos the boss moves too much then you should blame the tank. In dungeons it might be different but you don't need 90k DPS to clear dungeons imo
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your just another who can read it has nothing to do with can i do x or do i do x its adding skills and set together that are impracticable and hitting an dummy and saying this is op needs nurffed because sorry its not ever going to work same way in any fight that has MOVEMENT
    Options
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    @Nordic__Knights You are correct. I re read everything here and still have no idea why you are so upset. I will be on my way.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't wrong but it seems like an l2p or tank issue. Hitting high numbers is easy on dummies but in trial raids your tanks will most likely hold on the bosses at a certain spot until mechanics come into play. If you feel like your DPS is low cos the boss moves too much then you should blame the tank. In dungeons it might be different but you don't need 90k DPS to clear dungeons imo

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY ABILITY TO DO ANYTHING ITS PUTTING SETS TOGETHER THAT WOULD NEVER WORK OUTSIDE AN DUMMY CALLING IT OP AND NEEDING NURFFS
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nordic__Knights You are correct. I re read everything here and still have no idea why you are so upset. I will be on my way.

BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTS TO TURN EVERY POST INTO AN L2P WHEN IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POST AT ALL ITS OLD AF THAT EVERYONE MUST WHITEKNIGHT BS AND BE LIL PLAYERS POINTING IT OUT
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 25, 2019 4:21PM
    Options
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY ABILITY TO DO ANYTHING ITS PUTTING SETS TOGETHER THAT WOULD NEVER WORK OUTSIDE AN DUMMY CALLING IT OP AND NEEDING NURFFS

What sets are used in dummy parsing that would never work in real content?
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BRP bow with Asylum bow getting both buffs from both bows fulltime
    You can add whatever 5pc or 2 you want or and 5pc 3pc 2monster set youd like the matter is the 2 bows working full-time both buffs it aint going to happen outside hitting an dummy
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 25, 2019 4:40PM
    Options
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BRP bow with Asylum bow getting both buffs from both bows fulltime

What does that mean when the Asylum bow buff doesn't have duration, it just applies to next attack within six seconds.
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thing is when development looks at DPS they look at the status sheets that are produced by that

they don't.

i don't work for ZOS but they must be incredibly stupid to rely on user's dummy parses to decide their development focus.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTS TO TURN EVERY POST INTO AN L2P WHEN IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POST AT ALL ITS OLD AF THAT EVERYONE MUST WHITEKNIGHT BS AND BE LIL PLAYERS POINTING IT OUT

whoa. chill pill, my dude.

we're just pointing out that your concern is baseless.

so maybe if you can undo the caps-lock and start typing in complete sentences with periods and commas, we can have a discussion.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options