The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How useful is gold gear vs purple gear?

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since it's a new page...

Make sure you gold your weapons
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be noticeable depending on your build. I have an all well-fitted build and the difference between 28% (all purple) cost reduction and 35% (all gold) cost reduction is quite noticeable.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Weapons make a big difference, you should always get them gold.

Armour and jewellery not as much difference. You'll get a bonus of course, but you'll gain more from practice and growing player skill than those stat boosts will give.

Some jewelry traits (any % modificators) do have significant improvements comparing purple to gold - stats not so much.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO for the love of all that is holy please not another gold versus purple thread. Please stop!
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level your crafting skills and do some writs. You’ll soon have plenty of tempers to gold out everything except jewelry, unless you just have to have that one extra thing to blame your loss on (“I knew I should’ve golded my gloves!”)