Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login Error "Unable to initialize connection to steam...." PC NA Server

• meerling
    meerling
    Soul Shriven
    Hitting me to since it updated my files today.
    (Tuesday 9th of September 2019 just so there's no confusion on that.)

Since it's already 8:30pm, I guess we can kiss the final day of the login bonuses goodbye.
  • Sassyuke
    Sassyuke
    ✭✭
    It does that for me too
  • SeanBlader
    SeanBlader
    ✭✭✭
    This is an issue for me as well.
  • Huntsman316
    Huntsman316
    ✭✭
    I logged in just fine earlier tonight but I opted into the Steam Library Beta and now it cannot authenticate through Steam. I opted out of the Beta but I am still getting this error and cannot play.
  • Quandorf
    Quandorf
    Soul Shriven
    Me and two of my friends have been dealing with the same issue for hours now. I was able to get in after repeatedly hitting login over and over and over but they never got in. It's extremely frustrating the Dev's haven't acknowledged it.
  • ChaosAdmiral
    ChaosAdmiral
    Soul Shriven
    lol you're a genius, i just got in by repeatdely hitting login over and over and over just like you
    Daggerfall Covenant

Orc Stamina Sorcerer main

38 KDA (18/1/20) best score in deathmatch game

Play ESO on PC since 04/18/2019
  • erjifo
    erjifo
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here as well. Was working just after the update but now nothing. Will try the "keep spamming the login button til i get in" approach and see if it works for me, lol.
  • Merrien
    Merrien
    ✭✭✭
    Ack, how do we get some attention on the issue?
  • gregariousjbb14_ESO
    It finally let me in on the first try after playing Terraria for a while. Not sure if that means I got lucky or the issue is solved now. Good luck, guys.
  • erjifo
    erjifo
    Soul Shriven
    Success! And I only had to spam the login button 15 times! I'm naming my firstborn son Qandorf in your honor!
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So random...
  • corrosion42
    corrosion42
    ✭✭
    UPDATE: PTS is giving the same message now too.....
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    mine is working now .. it did a steam update then worked fine
  • OgginOz7
    OgginOz7
    ✭✭
    repaired game from inside browser, but I think it was the old 'spam the log in button' that got me in ... out of game now, so lets see when I try and get in later this evening (Australia time)
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

It appears there was some downtime with Steam last night(9/17/19, around 9:00-11:00 EST), please fully restart Steam and try to open ESO again. If you're still experiencing an issue opening ESO on Steam try the troubleshooting steps here.

If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and still can't access the game please submit a support ticket here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post