The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Login Error "Unable to initialize connection to steam...." PC NA Server

corrosion42
corrosion42
✭✭
Cannot log into any character on the live server, get message "Unable to initialize connection to steam.Please ensure the game was launched through Steam or try again later." Game was launched through Steam and I'm able to log into the PTS with no issues.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, when you THINK that they fixed the Steam problems for good...

Same thing here. Can't log in at all. Getting the same message. PC/NA.
  • bigzmey
    bigzmey
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. Worked fine yesterday, today is having this issue. Tried all their suggestion could find regarding troubleshooting, no luck. I guess it's time for me to take a break :)
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • OgginOz7
    OgginOz7
    ✭✭
    Me too .. see my post just before this one
  • Rumtintin
    Rumtintin
    ✭✭
    Ditto
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Seriously, WTF is their *** problem? And they don't even have a banner at the top of the forum page acknowledging this. Are they even working on this right now?
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • The_Art_of_Paw
    The_Art_of_Paw
    ✭✭✭
    yeppers, broken for me as well.

sometimes I can get in by loading the launcher from the folder to bypass steam, only it doesn't register the eso plus subscription when doing that. seeing as I only want in to collect myhire mail to add in the craft bag, seems counterproductive to try that path out

oh well, back to shopping on ebay for more useless junk I wont use until it works again

have a great night out there everyone
  • ChaosAdmiral
    ChaosAdmiral
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem ! How and when this be resolved ?
    Daggerfall Covenant

Orc Stamina Sorcerer main

38 KDA (18/1/20) best score in deathmatch game

Play ESO on PC since 04/18/2019
  • malcolmhagger
    malcolmhagger
    ✭✭✭
    guess its safe to assume its all steam users. Unfortunately having same issue and today was my last day of eso plus too ):
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regret buying the game through steam.. going to be several hours before they fix it.
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. PC NA Steam. Cant initialize connection. Few hours ago it worked fine. Logged on, did my writs, now cant login.
  • darigaaz87
    darigaaz87
    ✭✭
    Same for me, but I'm on PCEU
  • k0r3_420
    k0r3_420
    Soul Shriven
    same here, was at the last boss in vSO and got disconnected and wasn't able to get back in
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PCNA.
    Ditto.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Anything?
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    Was working for about 40 minutes and now nothing
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Sassyuke
    Sassyuke
    ✭✭
    And there is nothing in social media that i can find. No ETR or even acknowledgement that there is an issue.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PCNA.
    Now I have "An unexpected internal error has occurred."
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Sassyuke
    Sassyuke
    ✭✭
    Yeah it goes back and forth between the two for me
  • Merrien
    Merrien
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad it's not just me. I went through all the troubleshooting suggested and nothing fixed it. Can't log in at all.
  • Sassyuke
    Sassyuke
    ✭✭
    last time i remember this happening (last year i think) it took several hours to fix and they mentioned the error on social media. its baffling that they haven't yet (twitter, and on the forums here i believe)
  • BelladonnaMagique
    Same....Hope this is resolved quickly. This is dwindling my chance at that free new moon crate reward
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    PCNA, I get the same error message. I tried from my desktop (how I usually launch the game) and then through Steam and nothing. Can't get on the regular server or PTS.

Last time I was on was just before they took the servers down for maintenance.
    Edited by Slyjinxy on September 18, 2019 3:15AM
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they posted something to acknowledge the issue.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heh, I was planning to beat Blasphemous tomorrow. Seems I will play ESO tomorrow instead.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client is the path to the file I used to login tonight.

You can login this way, just make sure your browser is closed and all that ***.
  • gregariousjbb14_ESO
    Same problem here.

Usually restarting Steam fixes this. Not anymore. Rebooted my PC and I still can't get in. Been like this for a few hours now.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    try my suggestion, open up from file explorer with steam and whatnot closed, it has always worked for me.
  • gregariousjbb14_ESO
    Gaggin wrote: »
    try my suggestion, open up from file explorer with steam and whatnot closed, it has always worked for me.

Not working. Steam is closed.

Us9f7yQ.png