Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opal Monster Sets - Hideous My Little Pony Weapons

Sporvan
Sporvan
✭✭✭✭✭
I've never had a strong visceral reaction like these before with ESO. They are jarring to look at and completely hideous. I fear that we're going to look like some secret fluffy cloud level in Diablo 3 after these get released. Please don't step in this direction ZoS.

They are the most gaudy ugly things ever!!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pics?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    I've never had a strong visceral reaction like these before with ESO. They are jarring to look at and completely hideous. I fear that we're going to look like some secret fluffy cloud level in Diablo 3 after these get released. Please don't step in this direction ZoS.

Pics pls or never happened.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event rewards are getting more and more lazy and uninteresting. You literally took some products that were sold in the crown store, painted them over with something that most of all looks like unicorn puke, then put them up as undaunted event rewards. The worst thing is, even if I personally don't collect them or use them, we all know that there will be people in Grothdarr opal gear with opal skin on opal mounts all over the *** place, completely ruining any aethetics or immersion in a large radius around their epicenter.

If your art team is too overworked to come up with interesting motifs, then hire some more people from all the loot box money you rake in. Or stop making more reskinned and recolored rewards. Not every tiny event needs a new line of motifs or outfit pieces. You could reward event tickets as well as an undaunted reward box with rare furnishing patterns, dungeon motifs and crafting mats, like you have done the last few undaunted events, and leave it at that.

Edited by Carbonised on September 18, 2019 2:40PM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen them yet, but i can't hardly imagine that they look more rediculous than this "huntsman" hat
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is images, personally I found certain weapons pretty good even without dyeing option, anyways you cannot dye VFX of crown store counterparts, so blue flame for example cannot be achieved in any other ways, cold fire from Coldharbour on those event pages is nice option.
    https://imgur.com/a/5E8QEy9
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must say I had my doubts on if these would live up to the hideous my little pony description. After all, I like blue glowy things. But these are bad... so bad.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is images, personally I found certain weapons pretty good even without dyeing option, anyways you cannot dye VFX of crown store counterparts, so blue flame for example cannot be achieved in any other ways, cold fire from Coldharbour on those event pages is nice option.

Lol oh wow...

Those are some...vibrant colors.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I for one like the blue-purple hues. It’s very much my aesthetic.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that’s some cheesy mobile gaming type bs. And I really don’t care about the cosmetic stuff, happy to have people enjoy it, but it’s a step down for ZOS.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 19, 2019 7:18AM
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait hold on, is this crown store stuff?
    Because selling a 'special dye' as multiple separate motifs would make it 10 times more expensive.
    Well done marketing department, I guess.

Also, doing it this way means you can't even combine it with other dyes.
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dozdqpfvj66u.jpg
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's possible that they're decently color-coordinated with the Twilight Matriarch. I haven't checked.

They go badly with Covenant blue gear. That I've checked.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it simply looks line the cheapest attempt yet to make quick bucks
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them. Quite pretty I think! Though I don't have a character who could wear this stuff convincingly, at least not currently.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of an opal, lol. I've never heard of opal looking like unicorn puke, but that's a fitting description. I don't mind them as much as everyone else... to each his/her own.

I mean, did anyone complain about those snot looking weapons? Those were grolsch looking. I think it's nice that they're trying to get a plethora of particle effects in the game. What I don't like is that the particle effects are only active in combat. It makes me miss the old toggle of Leeching Strikes - I loved that red mist around my weapon all the time.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Color wise i like it too many lame bland dyes that advertise being bright and turn to mud on every surface
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They were originally going to give away the weapons as they were sold in the crown store, but people who had already bought them were (somewhat understandably) pissed off because they had to pay for something that people would now get for free. This would, of course, cut into crown store sales of the next styles since people would just wait to see if they release with the next Undaunted event.

So, rather than just coming up with new rewards (or using some of the unreleased weapon styles), they decided to splash a hideous texture on them and make them uncolorable to differentiate them.

And now here we are, Undaunted event rewards complete with unicorn puke.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Little pony is actually a great show. Teaches friendship and cooperation are the keys to success. Really good show for kids.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you mean this ... ?
    drba5Fm.png
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you just dye them?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

you mean this ... ?
    drba5Fm.png

I mean this one, sword and shield looks no so exaggeratedly horrible at least its blue flames and metallic on weapons is normal, thanks for Eight its not pinkish or rainbow sparkle
    Mhn2DuV.png
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    Can't you just dye them?

megamind.jpg
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

you mean this ... ?
    drba5Fm.png

I mean this one, sword and shield looks no so exaggeratedly horrible at least its blue flames and metallic on weapons is normal, thanks for Eight its not pinkish or rainbow sparkle
    Mhn2DuV.png

Yuk

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS in 2018: "Well we're a bit hesitant to allow people to dye their weapons, we don't want everyone running around with pink swords now, do we."

ZOS in 2019: "Y'ALL WANT WEAPONS DRENCHED IN UNICORN PUKE AND SET ON FIRE, DONTCHA!?!?"
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well everyone has different taste. I for one like the glow. If you don't like it - don't use it.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually pretty disgusting lmao
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    ZOS in 2018: "Well we're a bit hesitant to allow people to dye their weapons, we don't want everyone running around with pink swords now, do we."
    ZOS in 2019: "Y'ALL WANT WEAPONS DRENCHED IN UNICORN PUKE AND SET ON FIRE, DONTCHA!?!?"

QFT

• jetplane_18
    jetplane_18
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda like the troll king stuff cus the color scheme fits the particles alright and the mask has enough real estate to show off the new opal texture thingie. I think on bloodspawn the opal looks muddled and the effects are too busy (why isn't the opal on the horns?) and on ilambris it's way underrepresented almost like they should've placed the opal on the main textured area instead of the metallic bits. I know we have a few dyes with really eye-catching color schemes and honestly I wish these were dyes instead so people can apply them to other things but more importantly cus these are too garish to be undyeable.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trollking and Ilambris staffs looks unexpectedly nice. Rest are :s