The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Housing

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    moonsister wrote: »
    Did you snap any pics for any chance? I was excited when seeing the datamined pic. I am glad it is smaller though, I wont have much spots left when I finished with the 2nd room. There is probably a way to work around the fence. And is the view obstructed when being on the porch? (going by the impression I got from the mined pic)

I did not, sorry, was too focused on trying to make it look less like a dump >.<

the railings are about chest high on me, as a tallish altmer. If I stand right against the railing on the porch, i can see alright, but anywhere else the view is all but completely obscured by the railing.
    The lower railings are upper chest height on me, and even when standing right on them you can barely see anything because of the ivy all over them

There is a hard kill line below the fenced area. I experimented and you cannot reach the next area down from the fence before it auto kills you.

Honestly the texture quality and the ramshackle nature of the fencing really kill it for me. Its vaguely salvageable but only just barely and really doesnt feel worth the massive effort to do so.

That’s a shame! The view from the first wing was great but I really loved it upon finding we could build down to the water.

I have to agree about that fence — and thank you, @moonsister for posting the link! I like vine-covered but I think it’s the unevenness that bothers me. In the main temple area, I thought it was a nice touch to have rubble that you could remove, let you restore it. It’s too bad this area doesn’t have similar features, although it would probably be more involved...

I liked the temple ruins of the first two wings. I had thought this house would be similar to Sleek Creek in Reaper’s March, only in a meadow or so, but it looks so dreary to me. Perhaps it is the lighting? But it looks like the windows are shuttered. I’m sure it could be made to look nice but I think it would take a lot of furnishings.
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    I think the story of the house is that is has been well lived in and then abandoned, hence the state. Since the rest of the hall is in a somewhat derelict state as well I think this ties in better than a house in mint condition would.
    I do like the little fence under the house- a pen almost ready to use.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess the Lucky Cat remains at 400 slot? Is there even any point to giving feedback?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...it is a little disappointing that it's so rundown, but it makes sense if it's supposed to be his childhood home. I never bothered to get the 2nd wing, so I'll have more slots to try and do something with this one.

I wanted to add some additional thoughts regarding the item limit of Lucky Cat. The main problem is that the item limits for all the homes within a particular category is rather arbitrary. Consider the medium category, which is where Lucky Cat falls.

On the small end, you have Bouldertree and Ample Domicile, both sub 200k and quite small, even with outdoor areas, so one can easily decorate within the item limit.

Then, you have the mediums that are 200-300k (in price order):
    --Coven Cottage (one small hut and some decent sized grounds)
    --Cliffshade (small rooms and no exterior)
    --Ravenhurst (one large room and a loft, but with a nice exterior)
    --Grymharth's Woe (one large room on main floor, with small side room; upstairs with two decent-sized rooms; no exterior)
    --Domus Phrasticus (one medium room on first and second floors; nice-sized exterior)

Then there are the large medium homes, all above 300k (in price order):
    --Silent Magnifico (rather large open floor plan on main floor; oddly shaped and sometimes very narrow spaces on second floor; no exterior)
    --Ald Velothi Harbor House (large main room on first floor, with two medium-sized side rooms; small landing on the stairs; medium room upstairs with balcony; small basement; generous garden outside)
    --Velothi Reverie (medium main hall; medium basement; four small side rooms; small balcony connecting upstairs rooms; small back courtyard)
    --Mournoth Keep (I don't own this one, so cannot remember how many rooms inside, but it has 2 floors and a rather large exterior - just perused it again this weekend but didn't take notes)
    --Sleek Creek (most expensive medium, but has only one medium room with a porch, but with rather generous grounds and can decorate under the house)

Then there is Lucky Cat (2 medium rooms; 2 small rooms; small porch; large outdoor area).

The problem with any of the house categories is the wild variety of sizes within it. Those on the low end are easily decorated within the limit, while those on the high end are difficult. I still feel that Lucky Cat belongs in the medium house category due to the size of it's footprint compared to comparable houses within the same category, but can agree that 400 slots is harsh for a medium of this size (as it is for others such as Velothi Reverie), esp. if you want to build custom bars or lofts or what have you.

Would I like for Lucky Cat to have 600 slots - absolutely! But not at the expense of a large home sticker price. I want medium homes so that I can have purchase options within my budget - new options. There are plenty of new notable homes since Homestead's release, but there have only been 3 mediums (Ald Velothi, Cottage, and Frostvault) and one large (Snow Globe). Now, if they were to consider Lucky Cat to be a small large home (as it appears they did with the Snow Globe by giving it 600 slots but a medium price tag), then that would be a great compromise.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 23, 2019 6:23PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Yeah...it is a little disappointing that it's so rundown, but it makes sense if it's supposed to be his childhood home. I never bothered to get the 2nd wing, so I'll have more slots to try and do something with this one.

I wanted to add some additional thoughts regarding the item limit of Lucky Cat. The main problem is that the item limits for all the homes within a particular category is rather arbitrary. Consider the medium category, which is where Lucky Cat falls.

On the small end, you have Bouldertree and Ample Domicile, both sub 200k and quite small, even with outdoor areas, so one can easily decorate within the item limit.

Then, you have the mediums that are 200-300k (in price order):
    --Coven Cottage (one small hut and some decent sized grounds)
    --Cliffshade (small rooms and no exterior)
    --Ravenhurst (one large room and a loft, but with a nice exterior)
    --Grymharth's Woe (one large room on main floor, with small side room; upstairs with two decent-sized rooms; no exterior)
    --Domus Phrasticus (one medium room on first and second floors; nice-sized exterior)

Then there are the large medium homes, all above 300k (in price order):
    --Silent Magnifico (rather large open floor plan on main floor; oddly shaped and sometimes very narrow spaces on second floor; no exterior)
    --Ald Velothi Harbor House (large main room on first floor, with two medium-sized side rooms; small landing on the stairs; medium room upstairs with balcony; small basement; generous garden outside)
    --Velothi Reverie (medium main hall; medium basement; four small side rooms; small balcony connecting upstairs rooms; small back courtyard)
    --Mournoth Keep (I don't own this one, so cannot remember how many rooms inside, but it has 2 floors and a rather large exterior - just perused it again this weekend but didn't take notes)
    --Sleek Creek (most expensive medium, but has only one medium room with a porch, but with rather generous grounds and can decorate under the house)

Then there is Lucky Cat (2 medium rooms; 2 small rooms; small porch; large outdoor area).

The problem with any of the house categories is the wild variety of sizes within it. Those on the low end are easily decorated within the limit, while those on the high end are difficult. I still feel that Lucky Cat belongs in the medium house category due to the size of it's footprint compared to comparable houses within the same category, but can agree that 400 slots is harsh for a medium of this size (as it is for others such as Velothi Reverie), esp. if you want to build custom bars or lofts or what have you.

Would I like for Lucky Cat to have 600 slots - absolutely! But not at the expense of a large home sticker price. I want medium homes so that I can have purchase options within my budget - new options. There are plenty of new notable homes since Homestead's release, but there have only been 3 mediums (Ald Velothi, Cottage, and Frostvault) and one large (Snow Globe). Now, if they were to consider Lucky Cat to be a small large home (as it appears they did with the Snow Globe by giving it 600 slots but a medium price tag), then that would be a great compromise.

So basically you're letting your thriftiness dictate that this house should remain Medium when everyone, including yourself, acknowledges that this is too few slots for a house of this size? It seems a little bit... selfish... that you want to save money and therefor everyone must make do with a house which isn't the right size for its slot limits?

Just save up more coins and buy it at a large house if you're so concerned about the sticker price.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If furnishing limit is tied to cost (although as noted there is a large range for any given category), then it would be great to have the option to be able to purchase an upgrade to the number of furnishing slots. Perhaps just as ESO+ doubles the limit, an upgrade could double it yet again? Or it could be a fixed 100 slots or something. Some homes I think I can be comfortable in the item limit whereas other (such as Sugar Bowl Suite), I would love to decorate further! :)
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

So basically you're letting your thriftiness dictate that this house should remain Medium when everyone, including yourself, acknowledges that this is too few slots for a house of this size? It seems a little bit... selfish... that you want to save money and therefor everyone must make do with a house which isn't the right size for its slot limits?

Just save up more coins and buy it at a large house if you're so concerned about the sticker price.

@Sporvan, your making an assumption that everyone wants a higher item limit for Lucky Cat.
    I don't, i also am not against it.
    Except, if that is done by making the house Large, i no longer want it for Large house price.
    And i am not the only one who thinks that.

There seems to be a group of players that are willing to pay Large house price for it if that means getting the 600 item limit.
    Then there is a group that considers a Large house price for Lucky Cat to high, regardless of item limit.

Now somthing else;
    So far i have watched videos of the house.
    To get a better look, and either validate or correct my opinion sofar about Lucky Cat, i installed PTS.

Not sure if it was my graphics settings, but some/alot textures looked bad (low res).
    The mold is horrible to look at.
    Something that i hate/dislike extremely are (obvious/to big) difference between the inside and outside.
    This house unfortunately has those.

Dunno if the interior and exterior are made by different teams that communicate badly.

The mold and 'construction errors' combined defenately makes me not want this house.

EDIT: After looking at Lucky Cat furnished preview, the furniture looks fine.
    Most of the wall textures look bad low res.

The claustrophobic feel inside the house is...very unlike Kahjiit ....was my first thought.

Sitting on the porch is nice, looking at the destroyed houses...dunno, but looking up at the mold on the ceiling ruins it...
    Get a cleaning crew for Lucky Cat asap!
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on September 23, 2019 9:35PM
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Lord... :'(

Just got Wraithome furnished (for 1 crown).

And...Imperial style furnishings :#
    No, no, absolutely NO.
    Does not match with Wraithome, imho.
    Those should be Daedric at least also.

(there r also Deadric furnishings)
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on September 23, 2019 9:54PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't particularly like Writhhomes floors, some carpet furnishings clip through the patterns on the stone floor.
    The lighting in Wraith is by far some of the best in-game, you barely need any due to the blue gloomy atmospheric lighting coming through, doing so only washes out the mood of the home.

The last table for HLC is ok, I can see many things being done with it. If you want to keep this place dirty fine ZOS but please make the crowns homes have a togglable for the dirty mold, it's the least you can do for real money homes. You can even sell it as a feature, make up some lore about how the local traders came out and refurbished it idk anything but the mold.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone saying no to increasing lucky cat's limit to 600, I'm pretty sure all the people who do want the increase would be WAY MORE THAN WILLING to pool their gold and pay each and every one of you whatever cost increase ensues, if at all.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on September 23, 2019 11:07PM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mostly happy with the last area of the Hall of the Lunar Champion. I don't mind that it's small/weathered. My only complaint is that the outdoor area feels a bit claustrophobic. If the fence on the portal side didn't come in at such a tight angle to the house so there was a little more yard, it would feel a lot better and still preserve the general vision of the area. Even a few yards more would be a marked improvement.

I tried building out on that side, but unfortunately haven't been able to overcome the feeling since we can't move the fence.
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    I understand not wanting to pay more for Lucky Cat if the furnishing slots were increased to 600, but at the same time, I don't understand the appeal of buying a home that can't be decorated to its full potential with 400 slots. I'm decorating it on the PTS now, and I'm not even custom-building anything, just filling the space and trying to make it look nice, and I have the entire upstairs to go and I'm not sure I'll be able to finish with 400 slots. I haven't even put out much clutter other than a few things in the kitchen.

It's certainly possible to either block off the house and build outside, or block off the lower courtyard, but I think feeling forced to do that is a pretty sad state of affairs.

So for those who want it to stay at 400 for the sake of the price, do you want to simply own the home and buy it furnished and leave it that way, or do you actually want to decorate it yourself?

Because if it's the latter, you may find it more of a challenge than you think. And I say this as someone who owns Sleek Creek and has only used half the furnishing slots in that home.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Just save up more coins and buy it at a large house if you're so concerned about the sticker price.[/quote]

Oh, nice. How is that more selfish than you wanting this to be a large home? Good grief. We've been asking for medium homes since they started adding homes to this game, virtually all of which have been large or notable. Seems a bit...selfish...that you don't want us to have a medium home. Not to mention the fact that this house will only be available for CROWNS. "save up more coins"? What are you talking about? You mean spend REAL MONEY.

And as to the size of the home, it's not bigger. I've MEASURED. The interior of the house at Lucky Cat is almost identical to the GARDEN at Velothi Reverie. Not the house, the GARDEN. The exterior of Lucky Cat is perhaps 5-6% bigger than the INTERIOR of VR. So is it larger? Ever so slightly. It's NOT A LARGE HOUSE. To the people who think it's comparable to Quondam Indorilia, or Alinor Crest Townhouse? That's demonstrably false.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To everyone saying no to increasing lucky cat's limit to 600, I'm pretty sure all the people who do want the increase would be WAY MORE THAN WILLING to pool their gold and pay each and every one of you whatever cost increase ensues, if at all.

Most (if not all) of the add-on homes have been crowns-only. Maybe this one will be available for gold, in which case it wouldn't be as big of a deal, except that I'd have to use the mats (or spend the money) to furnish it from scratch. But if it's available for crowns only, are you going to send me $20 on PayPal?

As I mentioned in my last post, I've measured the home. It's on the large end of the medium home spectrum, but it's still comparable to medium homes. If they are willing to give us more slots without charging more (a la Snowglobe), great. Everybody wins.
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    And as to the size of the home, it's not bigger. I've MEASURED. The interior of the house at Lucky Cat is almost identical to the GARDEN at Velothi Reverie. Not the house, the GARDEN.
    I went in there with planks and measured it myself, and no. The interior of VR is definitely a bit bigger than the interior of LCL, but no, the VR garden =/= the LCL interior.

I'm currently decorating LCL and I have about 100 slots left for the entire 2nd floor. I'm not custom building anything and I've barely added any clutter at this stage, so I'll see how well it can be decorated with 400 slots when I finish on Sunday...

In any case, I think the argument is not so much that LCL doesn't have a similar amount of space to some of the 400 slot homes as it is to the fact that there are 600 slot homes with a similar amount of overall space, and there are 400 slot homes that are at most half the size of LCL, like Cliffshade. We want medium homes that we're able to decorate with 400 item slots, not medium homes where players have to block off parts of the home just to make it look lived-in or build something custom. The sizing of the homes is arbitrary and often limiting, and ZoS needs to work on their housing design process and maybe try decorating the homes themselves while developing them in order to see if the furnishing limit is actually reasonable.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one question for people interested in the Lucky Cat...

What do you like about it? I don't want to bash your taste, just am wondering because this year we got only Khajiit houses (except for the odd Wraith home), of which one is for free and has 4 interesting areas. Why would you buy this one? To me it is even worse than the rest because of the mouldy interior and ruined exterior.. I don't like the fact it cannot be cleaned/upgraded (many games offer options like this).

In my case, I can't want to finish the Dragonhold story quest and be done with Elsweyr for a long while. I am that fed up with the theme. I can't say I haven't enjoyed it, but the devs reused to much of the same theme and assets this year, that I feel like moving on to something else. Houses included. I am not even sure I will furnish the free house (or maybe the main room).

Sadly they did not learn from this, they want to keep this up with year long themes which, as a daily player, I find tiresome.

Also it is quite clear we are wasting our breaths or keystrokes in the housing forum, asking for existing assets to be added as furnishings, new homes based on existing buildings (in DLCs that barely got a home), and so on, since there is no communication from the housing team (if there is a team), or updates following our feedback.

The Lucky Cat has a nice view (if you do not mind the ruins), but it is not so conveniently placed near a wayshrine or a city hub, like Sleek Creek, and it does not have the slots like Khunzar-ri's house in Rimmen (which is free). So I only see a potential for collectors or new players who start in Elsweyr...
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

What do you like about it? I don't want to bash your taste, just am wondering because this year we got only Khajiit houses (except for the odd Wraith home), of which one is for free and has 4 interesting areas. Why would you buy this one? To me it is even worse than the rest because of the moldy interior and ruined exterior.. I don't like the fact it cannot be cleaned/upgraded (many games offer options like this).
    I think the most appealing part for me is definitely the exterior, and especially the courtyard. It has a sort of worn elegance to it, and it reminds me of places I've actually been on my travels. The Khajiit/Elsweyr architecture and furniture style is also my favorite in the game for similar reasons, so the houses in that style all appeal to me, though I agree that it's time for some variety.

I have more of an issue with the Lucky Cat interior being mildly claustrophobic than with the "moldy" walls (I don't even think it's mold--the color and shape is more like lichen, which is a different substance altogether!). I love making my homes look cozy no matter what they start out looking like, so to me, the Lucky Cat interior is a fun challenge. Same with the final wing of the Lunar Champion house.

I definitely agree that they could much more clearly demonstrate that they're listening to the housing community. We've gotten a few things we've asked for, like potted plants/flowers and filled bookcases, but there's been no effort to go back to older furnishing items and make them more "slot-friendly," which annoys me to no end. I'd rather see them overhaul older styles and create filled versions of all the bookcases and add more potted plants with Breton and Redguard pots, for example, than get a bunch of random new furnishing with the first 2020 DLC. That way many of us could go back to older homes that we struggled to furnish properly and free up some slots for other things we wanted to do there!

Unfortunately, the housing development team seems more interested in creating ridiculously large homes that can't possibly be decorated to their full potential than in actually improving and overhauling their housing system.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new homes and furnishings. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • 1. What are your favorite and least favorite things about each home?
    • 2. Did you encounter anything unexpected in either home?
    • 3. Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for these homes?
    • 4. The final wing for the Hall of the Lunar Champion can be opened through completing the main quest. Did everything work as expected, and did you like it?
    • 5. Did you try to place the Aeonstone Formation collectible furnishing in the terrace of Potentate’s Retreat? If so, how was the experience?
    • 6. Did you check out the new furnishing bundle? If so, what did you think of it?
    • 7. Do you have any other general feedback?

Lucky Cat: Favourite was the view and that's about it. I find that there is a lot missed in this home, though it is an ok try. It would have been nice if it also had a basement. Least favourite part was the mold or soot on the inside that other's have been noting as well. There's something about the lay out as well that leaves something to be desired. It feels closed and blocked off from a design standpoint, especially when you have better options available to you.

Potentates: Favourite was the outside with the Aeon Stones and the swimming area. I kind of wish there were invisible walls rather than being eaten by slaughter fish when you go too far. Least Favourite part was the entirety of the inside. I would have rather seen the middle part made smaller and the two side rooms made larger with an upstairs on each one.
    An issue that still remains with this home is the invisible wall in the cave needs to be pushed back so it's not taking up the stone part that you technically put stuff on and interact with if it wasn't there.

Hall of Lunar Champions: Favourtie part was the fact there was an actual home in this new area, even if it was tiny. Least favourite was the fence that utterly blocks the view for all characters on the ground. I could really care less about getting any sections of these homes, even with them being free. That says a lot.

No, didn't encounter anything unexpected in any of them.

Lucky Cat: I'd like to have seen a basement area in this townhouse. Item limit must be increased to 600.

Potentates: As noted in #1, I would rather have a smaller circular area and the two side rooms much larger with upstairs areas on each side.

HoLunar Champ: Make the outside fence smaller/shorter. Change the invisible wall drop off point to allow players to reach the patch of land on the other side of the fence and down some to play more with the outside.

Refer to answers in #1 & #3.

No.

New furnishings bundle is nice, looking. It will make a great sale item for around valentine's day.

ZOS you are utterly missing the mark, I think, on what players are looking for in terms of housing. Players like myself are not looking for copies of the big Palace's or noteworthy Story homes. We are looking for housing that fits in with the actual town, or just outside farmland area. This is why so many of the empty homes in the towns are disappointing to those of us who love housing.

Example:
    The type of Medium/Large home I'm looking for can be found in Senchel. It's Auberic Dufont's Residence.

Take this home, and give it a very large generous yard (say half of psijic's outside area) that I can then buy fences, barns, sheds, windmills trees, and make it into a farm of sorts is what I want! More so than the options you have been providing over the last year. It would also need 700 slots.
    I consider this a Medium home within a large space due to the size of the potential yard it could be placed in.
    Screenshot_20190928_163519_zpsvuxqofpn.png

In terms of a Notable home that could be used for Guild Housing, what I'm looking for is something more along the lines of the Mages and Fighters Guild hall outside building, with an inside that matches the outside in terms of available space without cut off areas, and upstairs, where the bedrooms would be, I would actually like to see separate smaller rooms in addition to 1 or 2 larger rooms, so in total you would end up with 4 smaller rooms and 2 large rooms in the upstairs area, as well as the hallways and a sitting area.

Showing hallways and the two doorways to the 2 smaller rooms with enough room in the area that it would be a sitting area.
    Screenshot_20190917_204356_zpssvq722l9.png
    A different type of doorway to separate rooms.
    Screenshot_20190425_155045_zps5btc4uui.png

Smaller rm#1
    Screenshot_20190917_204423_zpsxblvs7cf.png

Smaller rm#2
    Screenshot_20190917_204453_zps6rlsq8g7.png

Raised planting boxes for flowers or veggies!!
    Screenshot_20190916_210258_zpsjqqdhtcx.png

Small Shed
    Screenshot_20190916_210245_zps7yzzurc7.png

Big Barns with Stalls (I'd like to be able to buy these)
    Screenshot_20190420_191252_zpsqzzzjbsp.png
    Or these Imperial Style smaller ones.
    Screenshot_20190417_003433_zpsahrcwrxg.png

Fences too.
    Screenshot_20190418_234952_zpsejemazhz.png

Smoke like in this Hookah room.
    Screenshot_20190917_204133_zpsqhtdxnhi.png

Right now, I'm feeling rather restricted in terms of housing and I feel those in charge of Housing need to develop ways to give the players more control over what they do with their homes. Please give us access to all building type parts. IE.. Walls, floors, stairs, etc so we can customize our homes the way we'd like while using fewer items than we have to use now trying to accomplish the same thing.

Edited by Nebthet78 on September 28, 2019 9:49PM
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    One other thing that I saw mentioned somewhere, not sure if it was in this thread or not, is the lack of symmetry in Lucky Cat. The placement of windows and trim inside seems nearly arbitrary, or like whoever was building the home was behind on a deadline and just slapped it all together quickly without trying to align anything symmetrically. It's quite awful, and it makes using the lovely Elsweyr curtains pretty much impossible. I'm struggling just to figure out where to put the bed because there's nowhere to "center" it!
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Well, i finished main quest line and look at new "room" in lunar champion house. It nice khajiit house with amazing view on vast. I like it. But new two houses i dont like.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit had another good look round the potato eight house at the weekend.

In the end there were two significant reasons she felt she just could not do what she wanted there.

The big green spiky rocks not being moveable and the rectangular pavilion also not being moveable.

So this one decided this was not going to be the property for her sadly.

This one really wanted to be able to like it and use it. The pool would have been beautiful without the green rocks. Large unmoveable structural items - rocks, pavilions, green spikey rocks, stone pillars etc are the bane of the property development plans of this one so much. Please make as much moveable as you can when you can.

Instead this one acquired the deeds to a large cavern in Craglorn and has set to work there building … something you will see later in the year :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lucky Cat house is similar to the Alinor Crest Townhouse in Summerset, which has a 600 item count. It definitely NEEDS a 600 item count, not 400! Otherwise it had better cost SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than the Alinor Townhouse! At 600 items I don't mind if it costs as much as the Alinor.

Potentate Palace:

hhzVEtT.png

OMG what is the idea behind the giant ugly crystals RUINING what is otherwise an absolutely gorgeous area? And why can't we pick them up/remove them? Seriously, these ridiculous things have GOT to go....or at the very least be made into placeable objects we can get rid of if we want to. PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU. I'm already on the fence about buying this place because of the size...the crystals could be the thing that just makes me go, "Nah."
    Edited by MornaBaine on October 2, 2019 8:54PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they will remove the crystals, because you get that achievement crystal you can place on the porch and it makes them glow a bit.
    It's not a bad idea, but it is not one I would have wanted or needed urgently.

In general I would love more mementos/achievement furniture to be somewhat interactive in housing. There are also yet unused existing ones:

- Imagine what you could do in constructing houses, if you could place the murkmire achievement plant somewhere, and hurl with the help of the memento through your house like Tarzan in the jungle :D
    - The same with the ape you can change into for a few seconds: There are quests that turn you into a tiny being, and you can crawl through tiny spaces then. It would be amazing to hide secret passages in housing that you can only pass in ape shape. But you can't yet.

I would also love other mementos to be able to appear as effects in housing.
    PC/EU
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    OMG what is the idea behind the giant ugly crystals RUINING what is otherwise an absolutely gorgeous area? And why can't we pick them up/remove them? Seriously, these ridiculous things have GOT to go....or at the very least be made into placeable objects we can get rid of if we want to. PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU. I'm already on the fence about buying this place because of the size...the crystals could be the thing that just makes me go, "Nah."

I am guessing that the aeon stones are related to the story line of the area, they seem important since they gave us a special furnishing which activates them. So this has something to do with the story of the place. Removing them would disconnect the place from its background story. But yeah, I agree, some people do not like that and want them removable. I might like that too, like I would like to toggle the mould from the interiors.

IMO this house is to large for anything useful, except for a guild house with lots of crafting stations (the empty land from Northen Elsweyr is much better)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Zurixadai
    Zurixadai
    ✭✭✭
    What are your favorite and least favorite things about each home?
    Potentate's Retreat - Favorite part is the cave (with that glorious ceiling in the first room being a close second), least favorite part is the short supply of actual rooms!
    Lucky Cat's Landing - Favorite part is the balcony, least favorite part is... actually, nothing comes to mind. All in all, great house.
    Did you encounter anything unexpected in either home?
    A few invisible walls that were very oddly placed, but it looks like most of those have been taken care of this patch. I'll have to double check! I want to build up into that glorious ceiling space, but...

Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for these homes?
    In the way of specific feedback, no, not particularly; they're both well-made homes. As an aside, though, appreciate that invisible walls were removed, like the one from the cave. I understand why they're needed, sometimes, such as when an estate doesn't have any natural boundaries to do the job. But, there are a few other houses that I wish would get this treatment. Homes like Twin Arches, for example, have made me deathly afraid to purchase a home with high places that I can't reach in preview mode. Twin Arches has had some awful invisible walls for a long, long time, both inside and outside; I'd hate to get Potentate's Retreat just to find out that I can't build up into all that glorious-ceiling space due to some invisible walls, and I'm sad it's a very real worry.

The final wing for the Hall of the Lunar Champion can be opened through completing the main quest. Did everything work as expected, and did you like it?
    Haven't opened it myself, but I've seen video! Quite impressed, though I can't imagine decorating such a huge amount of space.

Did you try to place the Aeonstone Formation collectible furnishing in the terrace of Potentate’s Retreat? If so, how was the experience?
    Quite cool! A bit subdued during the day, but awesome at night.

Did you check out the new furnishing bundle? If so, what did you think of it?
    Overall, I was hoping for more furniture in general. I know the folks on these forums, and myself included, only have about a billion and a half items they'd love to see made into furniture, even just from Elsweyr. The Heart's Day items are nice, though!

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Yes! In fact, this may be the most important piece of housing feedback I ever give: Please, please, please allow the Grappling Bow to function in homes. By that I mean, specifically, please allow me to obtain or craft, and then place, the posts/pillars that the bow interacts with, so that I can zip around my home. Since we can't mount in homes, and since stairs and ramps are still only available in a select few styles/shapes/sizes, flying around a house like Spiderman would provide a fun alternative (to say nothing of the obstacle courses and things that I'm sure I would build other people who totally aren't me would build).
    Wishlists:

Gameplay Wishlist:
    -Winterhold [In all of its still-standing, pre-sunken, "rivaling Solitude" glory!]
    -Frost class/skill line [Wardens count!]
    -Unarmed/monk class or skill line
    -Polearms/spears skill line [Aedric Spear counts, but...]
    -Bound Weapons skill line [Casters should have more than sticks, yeah?]
    -More skill lines in general

Housing Wishlist:
    -Structure pieces, by the thousands! Walls, doors, stairs; everything from every racial/architectural style
    -More functional furniture: doors that open/close, portals to travel throughout one home, etc
    -"Lairs" or something similar: another separate, instanced space inside of a home
    -NPC's: guards and bards, all day
    -The Golden Vendor, but able to be placed in homes [Might help with some excess Cyrodiil traffic, maybe?]
    -The Luxury Furnisher, but also able to be placed in homes [... Look, homes are huge and I'm tired of them being empty]
    -Boat house [Fair Winds absolutely counts!]
    -Boat furnishings in general
    -Respec/redidication shrines
    -Wayshrines [I can just port to a guildmate, I guess, but...]
    -Undaunted pledge billboards/Undaunted NPC's
    -Crafting writ billboards
    -More mount/pet functionality when placed [Pathing counts!]
    -Guild bank/store access
    -Ability to repair gear at home [If traveling merchants in the middle of nowhere can do it, why can't I?]
    -Other, smaller, fun functionality, like farming or mini-games [Tales of Tribute absolutely counts!]

QoL Wishlist:
    -Text search boxes [Praise Tall Papa, thank you.]
    -Item conversion/transmogrification [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Previewer/dressing room [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Instead of Arms Packs (or in addition to them), just sell me the blasted VFX
    -Gear loadouts [Armory system counts!]
    -Skill loadouts Armory system counts!
    -Cloaks [I know you said no, but I'm not taking it off my list.]
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the lack of rooms in the potentate's palace and the giant aeonstone spikes is a niche thing that ruins a good house. if the aeon stones were below water level, it would look better. Please reduce the size of the aeon stone spikes or make them movable, and increase the size of the interior of the house.
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 13, 2019 3:30AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    The Lucky Cat house is similar to the Alinor Crest Townhouse in Summerset, which has a 600 item count. It definitely NEEDS a 600 item count, not 400! Otherwise it had better cost SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than the Alinor Townhouse! At 600 items I don't mind if it costs as much as the Alinor.

Potentate Palace:

hhzVEtT.png

agreed! I would not mind if those crystals would have been smaller and only visable under the water, but they just stick out and look out of place
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 13, 2019 1:29AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please remember people too also leave feedback ingame
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

What do you like about it? I don't want to bash your taste, just am wondering because this year we got only Khajiit houses (except for the odd Wraith home), of which one is for free and has 4 interesting areas. Why would you buy this one?

*snip*

The Lucky Cat has a nice view (if you do not mind the ruins), but it is not so conveniently placed near a wayshrine or a city hub, like Sleek Creek, and it does not have the slots like Khunzar-ri's house in Rimmen (which is free). So I only see a potential for collectors or new players who start in Elsweyr...

I beg to differ. The Lucky Cat is right next to Senchal, just like Sleek Creek is to Rawl'kha and that fact alone is reason enough for me to want it.

And yes, i would love a 600 slots cap and get rid of the mold. As for the price, i'm so NOT into scary, so Wraithhome is not my cup of tea and i gladly spend my crowns on The Lucky Cat if needed. But ofc i would rather have it available for gold, in which case price is irrelevant.
    This one likes to play.....