The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How does he jump like that?

• Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS would need to chime in on whether it's an exploit or not. I never knew it was considered one. Just looked like strafe jumping with speed buffs.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, it's an issue at the base of the game engine, caused by the (missing) normalization of unit vectors for character movement. Getting that fixed is even more unlikely than getting an official comment from ZOS if this is considered a bannable exploit or not.

Edit:
    Krileon wrote: »
    ZOS would need to chime in on whether it's an exploit or not. I never knew it was considered one. Just looked like strafe jumping with speed buffs.

Basically that, should have read page two before commenting...
    Edited by Bergzorn on September 14, 2019 4:38PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be stupid to ban people over it as it's easy enough to do purely by accident. I find it hard to believe it'd be ok for ZOS to go "Yeah, that's a bannable offense and no we're never going to fix it and yeah it's easy to even do on accident", lol. It's just like stupid animation cancelling being a bug they're never going to fix.
    Edited by Krileon on September 19, 2019 3:17PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krileon wrote: »
    montiferus wrote: »
    Its an exploit that apparently has never been fixed like a million other things in this game.

What.. no it's not, lol. It's just forward momentum from jumping. Zero momentum while jumping would be the dumbest thing to ever exist. You'd never be able to get over a simple box that you were standing next to if the game didn't allow momentum, lol.

No you're kinda wrong. There is a legit bunny hop exploit. He is 100% abusing it and needs to be careful.

all truth.
    if zenimax adds a High stamina cost to jumping it would help.
    and by "high stamina cost to jumping" i mean make it so that 3 jumps will deplete your stamina pool, its only fair.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axakal wrote: »
    Lol animation canceling is not an exploit and has been said by zos themselves.

No, it is not. That's why I called it a mechanic instead of an exploit. You missed the point.
    Unlike bunny hopping which is 100% an exploit.

It is 100% an exploit according to what exactly? Is there a scale that allows us to measure what is an exploit and what is not?

What's certain is that it is in the game for years and it is widely known, and yet ZOS didn't patched it out which strengthens my point IMO.
    One day you will try to log onto a banned account

What a lovely day that would be.

https://youtu.be/GaiyzO1X3HQ

@Axakal Last I knew they booted people who were abusing it, video proof here.

Not an exploit?

Watch the vid then try to change my mind
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 14, 2019 9:54PM
  • Axakal
    Axakal
    Soul Shriven
    Not an exploit?

He is jumping two times the distance on a flat surface than I do down a slope. I don't know how he is doing it or if it is still possible to do or not but the video is a year old. So I assume they fixed it.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an exploit?

He is jumping two times the distance on a flat surface than I do down a slope. I don't know how he is doing it or if it is still possible to do or not but the video is a year old. So I assume they fixed it.

.....yeah duh he is jumping that far, that's the bunny hop exploit... Did you even know what it was or just talking about the people who just jump alot while fighting xD
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine not knowing the difference between a specific combination of buttons that anomalously generates a huge amount of forward momentum out of nothing... and animation cancelling.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Axakal
    Axakal
    Soul Shriven
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Imagine not knowing the difference between a specific combination of buttons that anomalously generates a huge amount of forward momentum out of nothing... and animation cancelling.

Animation canceling too is a specific combination of buttons that lets you land a heavy attack, a light attack, a surprise attack, a rending slashes, and a bash in a second. I'm not saying it is an exploit. What I'm saying is that with your mentality, animation canceling too should be considered an exploit.

If you are that adamant about it being a cheat then do something to have ZOS remove it from the game. Since it is in the game for years and widely known, I think it has become a feature and I'll treat as such.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Animation canceling too is a specific combination of buttons that lets you land a heavy attack, a light attack, a surprise attack, a rending slashes, and a bash in a second. I'm not saying it is an exploit. What I'm saying is that with your mentality, animation canceling too should be considered an exploit.

If you are that adamant about it being a cheat then do something to have ZOS remove it from the game. Since it is in the game for years and widely known, I think it has become a feature and I'll treat as such.

You can't hit a sa and rending in the same animation cancel...

You arguing about stuff and you have no clue how it works.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 15, 2019 12:50PM
  • Axakal
    Axakal
    Soul Shriven
    You can't hit a sa and rending in the same animation cancel...

You arguing about stuff and you have no clue how it works.

Do you have trouble understanding what is written? Who said in the same animation cancel? I'm saying landing them ALL in a second thanks to animation canceling.

https://youtu.be/Kf82KkHgImA?t=55

Between 0:56 and 0:58 you'll see a heavy attack, an incap, a light attack and a rending slashes. One could easily fit a bash in there too.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine not knowing that animations have zero relevance to the chronological resolution of instant actions.

And making multiple posts about it.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Axakal
    Axakal
    Soul Shriven
    Imagine not knowing that animations have zero relevance to the chronological resolution of instant actions.

This passive agression... lol
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This passive agression... lol

If everyone is saying you don't know what you're talking about then....

The funniest thing is you say "look at the time between :56 and :58.... You do realize that is two seconds right?
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 15, 2019 1:46PM
  • Axakal
    Axakal
    Soul Shriven
    The funniest thing is you say "look at the time between :56 and :58.... You do realize that is two seconds right?

:56 is the start of the heavy attack's charging.
    :57 is when it lands, hence the start of the combo.
    :58 is when the combo ends.

Yeah, you keep saying that bud. I'm ignoring you since you cannot be reasoned with.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you keep saying that bud. I'm ignoring you since you cannot be reasoned with.

Says the guy who can't admit he is wrong xD

And btw the combo you just described is two seconds... IDK how this is so hard for you xD xD
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 15, 2019 10:18PM
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    This is exploit jumping.

Is it, though?

This isn't as much of an 'exploit' as animation canceling which is a lot easier mechanic to use and more rewarding in combat. Being able to use this jump consistently while being chased by 5 players is no easy task. It requires some serious practice and muscle memory. Even then I still fail and hop in place like 40% of the time.

So it is up for a debate whether or not this is an exploit. I mean, it's been in the game for what, years? I personally see it as another layer of skill that seperate players.
    Sadly ZOS doesn´t do tempbans even when ppl provide video evidence of themselves.

136.jpg

Lol animation canceling is not an exploit and has been said by zos themselves. Unlike bunny hopping which is 100% an exploit. If you think its "no different than animation canceling" go on ahead and abuse it. One day you will try to log onto a banned account
    This is just false.
    I remember one of the mods explicitly saying that it was an exploit not long after the game launched.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    This is exploit jumping.

Is it, though?

This isn't as much of an 'exploit' as animation canceling which is a lot easier mechanic to use and more rewarding in combat. Being able to use this jump consistently while being chased by 5 players is no easy task. It requires some serious practice and muscle memory. Even then I still fail and hop in place like 40% of the time.

So it is up for a debate whether or not this is an exploit. I mean, it's been in the game for what, years? I personally see it as another layer of skill that seperate players.
    Sadly ZOS doesn´t do tempbans even when ppl provide video evidence of themselves.

136.jpg

Lol animation canceling is not an exploit and has been said by zos themselves. Unlike bunny hopping which is 100% an exploit. If you think its "no different than animation canceling" go on ahead and abuse it. One day you will try to log onto a banned account
    This is just false.
    I remember one of the mods explicitly saying that it was an exploit not long after the game launched.

Yeah, I do know that's all true, it wasn't intended. And it is in the same realm as the jump. BUT. They have said that animation cancel is fine since then because they couldn't fix it. I have never heard them say abusing the jump is ok, and there is the video of that guy getting kicked and possibly banned.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even possible. You clearly don’t understand GCD
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lmao.. thats 2 seconds dude.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Lmao.. thats 2 seconds dude.

Numbers are hard
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numbers are hard

Personally, i like my numbers more on the soft side ...
    pain30.gif

• montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exploit jumping.

Is it, though?

This isn't as much of an 'exploit' as animation canceling which is a lot easier mechanic to use and more rewarding in combat.

You don't know what you are talking about. Please delete your forum account. We already have enough of you people on these forums already.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    lmao, everybody literally can do it if practice enough :D
    it is like pve elitist level but in movement technique
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if this can be done on console?

Asking for a friend, obviously.

Yes it can
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny thing about this thread is nobody says how to replicate it regardless everyone seems to know how to do it, so this leads me to think it's confirmed it's an exploit, well-known I would dare to say

another funny thing is the other night I had a fight with @Axakal ingame and when I climbed a small slope he was like 3 streaks far away with his stamNB lol

@ZoS please fix this and stop the stupid nerfs in the following patch

PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny thing about this thread is nobody says how to replicate it regardless everyone seems to know how to do it, so this leads me to think it's confirmed it's an exploit, well-known I would dare to say

another funny thing is the other night I had a fight with @Axakal ingame and when I climbed a small slope he was like 3 streaks far away with his stamNB lol

@ZoS please fix this and stop the stupid nerfs in the following patch

You just jump while sprinting diagonally. Need to do it on a flat surface. How is that an exploit lol.

It’s takes the same timing and # of button presses as animation cancelling, hence the comparison between the two. The timing between the sprint and the jump is the same as between the skill and the bash weave.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Here's how ya do it guys:

You have to do W+A or D+Shift and then jump right before your character sprints. It can be done on any surface and is performed as a weird autistic finger roll kinda deal on the keyboard.
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a lesson about software development a bug that cannot be fixed in a few months magically becomes a feature. Once the initial humbug and grumbling over not fixing it is over its just another feature of the game. this is what happened; adapt and survive or complain like a ***. Either way you cant do anything about it.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry but this is completely wrong, you can only cast 1 skill every 1 second in this game, if you're using block or bash as an ani cancel then it is to reduce animations that have a duration longer than 1 second. It is possible to light attack or heavy attack -> skill -> block / dodge / swap / bash to animation cancel, it is not possible to cast multiple skills in under one second in this game using animation cancelling.