Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – September 26, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

Target dummy for tank and/or healer

  • Shewolf075
    Shewolf075
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Dummies will never be good practice. You want to hone in you're skills during live action gameplay with other players. No amount of testing on dummies will prepare you for the challenges in different environments, mechanics and player behavior.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Soriana wrote: »
    @akl77 There are several overland world bosses that mimic trial boss scenarios and mechanics, albeit not with the same severity, but you can definitely test out your tank build with them...and you can use different ones for different mechanics. If you're interested, message me and I can tell you a few spots.

    When I was testing my tank I went and played with the bosses in Wrothgar.

    Sometimes just for fun I'll take my healer out and try to keep all the dragon hunters alive.

    Why go wrothgar to find the boss to practice when I can buy the boss dummy and put it in my house for practice, same idea.
    Just like why go spindle 2 to do dps test when you can buy a dps target dummy.
    If you find the need to practice and test your build, there is the need for a dummy.
    I watched videos and websites on how to main tank vss, I waited for an opportunity to pug it so I can test it for my tank, when the pug falls apart and all left except two people, I got a chance to test my tank wth the dragon boss and get confident on how to deal with the dragon shout instead of getting one shot.
    I’m not wanting to take my guilds or friends to wipe and waste their time , not to mention it’s embarrassing.
    Hence I see the need for a boss dummy to test instead of waiting everyday in Craglorn hoping there’s a vss pug I can main tank on.
    So far none of the suggestions helped so far, I still would like a target dummy.
    PS4 pro NA
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Soriana wrote: »
    @akl77 There are several overland world bosses that mimic trial boss scenarios and mechanics, albeit not with the same severity, but you can definitely test out your tank build with them...and you can use different ones for different mechanics. If you're interested, message me and I can tell you a few spots.

    When I was testing my tank I went and played with the bosses in Wrothgar.

    Sometimes just for fun I'll take my healer out and try to keep all the dragon hunters alive.

    Why go wrothgar to find the boss to practice when I can buy the boss dummy and put it in my house for practice, same idea.
    Just like why go spindle 2 to do dps test when you can buy a dps target dummy.
    If you find the need to practice and test your build, there is the need for a dummy.
    I watched videos and websites on how to main tank vss, I waited for an opportunity to pug it so I can test it for my tank, when the pug falls apart and all left except two people, I got a chance to test my tank wth the dragon boss and get confident on how to deal with the dragon shout instead of getting one shot.
    I’m not wanting to take my guilds or friends to wipe and waste their time , not to mention it’s embarrassing.
    Hence I see the need for a boss dummy to test instead of waiting everyday in Craglorn hoping there’s a vss pug I can main tank on.
    So far none of the suggestions helped so far, I still would like a target dummy.

    I have literally caused trial wipes for my group (axes in vAA, I rolled off the cliff TWICE by accident.) I see where you're coming from.
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, unless its a dummy that tests your crusher/alkosh/combat prayer uptime, i dont care about my tank's survivability or my healer's healing output
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.
    Really, idk
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want a tanking practice dummy, go to vet asylum and go up against St Olms solo.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Soriana wrote: »
    @akl77 There are several overland world bosses that mimic trial boss scenarios and mechanics, albeit not with the same severity, but you can definitely test out your tank build with them...and you can use different ones for different mechanics. If you're interested, message me and I can tell you a few spots.

    When I was testing my tank I went and played with the bosses in Wrothgar.

    Sometimes just for fun I'll take my healer out and try to keep all the dragon hunters alive.

    Why go wrothgar to find the boss to practice when I can buy the boss dummy and put it in my house for practice, same idea.
    Just like why go spindle 2 to do dps test when you can buy a dps target dummy.
    If you find the need to practice and test your build, there is the need for a dummy.
    I watched videos and websites on how to main tank vss, I waited for an opportunity to pug it so I can test it for my tank, when the pug falls apart and all left except two people, I got a chance to test my tank wth the dragon boss and get confident on how to deal with the dragon shout instead of getting one shot.
    I’m not wanting to take my guilds or friends to wipe and waste their time , not to mention it’s embarrassing.
    Hence I see the need for a boss dummy to test instead of waiting everyday in Craglorn hoping there’s a vss pug I can main tank on.
    So far none of the suggestions helped so far, I still would like a target dummy.

    I was commenting to the person I quoted. Wrothgar bosses are a great place to play with a tank. It is actually fun. You get the added fun of being able to drag mobs in if you want.
    I am indifferent on the test dummy thing. I don't think it will be all that helpful and it certainly wouldn't be fun for most players. If it were easy to implement then sure why not. I doubt it would get much use though and other things needs the devs attention more. Tanking is so much more than just surviving the big hit. I really don't think a dummy can emulate that. I believe the DPS dummies do a really poor job emulating actual DPS and a tanking dummy would be even worse.

    Again I am not against there being a dummy for tanking or healing I just don't think they will do a good job determining if you can heal or tank thus shouldn't be a high priority to get into the game.

    One guild I am in vSS lets off tank take a shot at main tanking a boss if he wants. If he fails no big deal they just switch back to off tank. Usually the group doesn't even wipe. Main tank just grabs the taunt someone resurrects the fallen tank and everything is good. If the off tank wants to step back in to try the boss again mid fight that is okay as well.

  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    I tested my tank on a trial boss. I think it was the possessed mantikora. While ebon is nice, sometimes it's not needed. Most players seem to be self buffing to decent health now. Ebon can be hard to get used to for a beginner tank, even one who is an experienced dps/healer in the harder stuff.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.
    Also, I pug a lot, in both trials and dungeons, the amount of bad tanks that cannot survive boss in dlc dungeons and trial bosses can be avoided if they get a chance to get their practice in to get the basics right, which is survival, a dead tank is fake tank that cannot tank on boss for the group.
    After getting all the basics down you can talk about optimising for the group and decent organised raid is just beyond those basics. And I’m not talking about those.
    Just like the dps tryna cheese the dummy with sets that they shouldn’t be using in trials.
    Edited by akl77 on September 12, 2019 12:22AM
    PS4 pro NA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.
    Also, I pug a lot, in both trials and dungeons, the amount of bad tanks that cannot survive boss in dlc dungeons and trial bosses can be avoided if they get a chance to get their practice in to get the basics right, which is survival, a dead tank is fake tank that cannot tank on boss for the group.
    After getting all the basics down you can talk about optimising for the group and decent organised raid is just beyond those basics. And I’m not talking about those.
    Just like the dps tryna cheese the dummy with sets that they shouldn’t be using in trials.

    The first paragraph argues against a dummy more than for it.

    You get practice in the dungeons and trials. DPS has multiple dummies yet they keep dying. What does that tell you?

    A dummy you can stand in front of and hold block while it increases damage on you isn't going to help you become a tank.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Maybe for tanks, but I wouldn’t be interested as a healer. Healing isn’t really about HPS
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    I tested my tank on a trial boss. I think it was the possessed mantikora. While ebon is nice, sometimes it's not needed. Most players seem to be self buffing to decent health now. Ebon can be hard to get used to for a beginner tank, even one who is an experienced dps/healer in the harder stuff.

    Ebon is a good set for any tank. The stats are good and in competitive raid groups they expect it and the raid leader will ask for it. I have seen a tank get kicked form a top raid team because he did not want to wear Ebon. The buff is even more important in teams that are less competitive.
    akl77 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.

    Exactly. OP thinks it will help him prepare to survive dragons breath in vSS when it would do nothing of the kind. If someone said they lasted X seconds on a tank dummy without heals any knowledgeable raid lead would not care because it is meaningless information.

    I am not against a tank or healing dummy itself. I am against Zos wasting their money on something that serves no beneficial purpose and would just be a waste of money for players that bought it.
    Really, idk
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    I tested my tank on a trial boss. I think it was the possessed mantikora. While ebon is nice, sometimes it's not needed. Most players seem to be self buffing to decent health now. Ebon can be hard to get used to for a beginner tank, even one who is an experienced dps/healer in the harder stuff.

    Ebon is a good set for any tank. The stats are good and in competitive raid groups they expect it and the raid leader will ask for it. I have seen a tank get kicked form a top raid team because he did not want to wear Ebon. The buff is even more important in teams that are less competitive.
    akl77 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.

    Exactly. OP thinks it will help him prepare to survive dragons breath in vSS when it would do nothing of the kind. If someone said they lasted X seconds on a tank dummy without heals any knowledgeable raid lead would not care because it is meaningless information.

    I am not against a tank or healing dummy itself. I am against Zos wasting their money on something that serves no beneficial purpose and would just be a waste of money for players that bought it.

    So do you just dodgeroll dragons breath? Or can you heal through it?
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    I tested my tank on a trial boss. I think it was the possessed mantikora. While ebon is nice, sometimes it's not needed. Most players seem to be self buffing to decent health now. Ebon can be hard to get used to for a beginner tank, even one who is an experienced dps/healer in the harder stuff.

    Ebon is a good set for any tank. The stats are good and in competitive raid groups they expect it and the raid leader will ask for it. I have seen a tank get kicked form a top raid team because he did not want to wear Ebon. The buff is even more important in teams that are less competitive.
    akl77 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.

    Exactly. OP thinks it will help him prepare to survive dragons breath in vSS when it would do nothing of the kind. If someone said they lasted X seconds on a tank dummy without heals any knowledgeable raid lead would not care because it is meaningless information.

    I am not against a tank or healing dummy itself. I am against Zos wasting their money on something that serves no beneficial purpose and would just be a waste of money for players that bought it.

    So do you just dodgeroll dragons breath? Or can you heal through it?

    Go test it, then you will have the complaint of why no dummy to test on that I had to find 11 more people to come in and wipe while I test it.

    And what happens if I want to compare my Dk to nb tank? I cannot recreate the same group with same amount of performance they put out in order to get me the accurate comparison.
    Edited by akl77 on September 12, 2019 2:45AM
    PS4 pro NA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    I tested my tank on a trial boss. I think it was the possessed mantikora. While ebon is nice, sometimes it's not needed. Most players seem to be self buffing to decent health now. Ebon can be hard to get used to for a beginner tank, even one who is an experienced dps/healer in the harder stuff.

    Ebon is a good set for any tank. The stats are good and in competitive raid groups they expect it and the raid leader will ask for it. I have seen a tank get kicked form a top raid team because he did not want to wear Ebon. The buff is even more important in teams that are less competitive.
    akl77 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.

    Exactly. OP thinks it will help him prepare to survive dragons breath in vSS when it would do nothing of the kind. If someone said they lasted X seconds on a tank dummy without heals any knowledgeable raid lead would not care because it is meaningless information.

    I am not against a tank or healing dummy itself. I am against Zos wasting their money on something that serves no beneficial purpose and would just be a waste of money for players that bought it.

    So do you just dodgeroll dragons breath? Or can you heal through it?

    Go test it, then you will have the complaint of why no dummy to test on that I had to find 11 more people to come in and wipe while I test it.

    Eleven people do not have to wipe just because one of the tanks went down. That aside what exactly do you want this dummy to do? If all it does is provide damage then it is mostly worthless. Just checked out a couple of guides for vSS. Both include a recommendation for how much health you need as tank and DPS.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    I tested my tank on a trial boss. I think it was the possessed mantikora. While ebon is nice, sometimes it's not needed. Most players seem to be self buffing to decent health now. Ebon can be hard to get used to for a beginner tank, even one who is an experienced dps/healer in the harder stuff.

    Ebon is a good set for any tank. The stats are good and in competitive raid groups they expect it and the raid leader will ask for it. I have seen a tank get kicked form a top raid team because he did not want to wear Ebon. The buff is even more important in teams that are less competitive.
    akl77 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.

    Exactly. OP thinks it will help him prepare to survive dragons breath in vSS when it would do nothing of the kind. If someone said they lasted X seconds on a tank dummy without heals any knowledgeable raid lead would not care because it is meaningless information.

    I am not against a tank or healing dummy itself. I am against Zos wasting their money on something that serves no beneficial purpose and would just be a waste of money for players that bought it.

    So do you just dodgeroll dragons breath? Or can you heal through it?

    Use all your tools including doge roll.

    Edit: I have seen slightly different strats done with different groups.
    Edited by idk on September 12, 2019 2:55AM
    Really, idk
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    akl77 wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    I tested my tank on a trial boss. I think it was the possessed mantikora. While ebon is nice, sometimes it's not needed. Most players seem to be self buffing to decent health now. Ebon can be hard to get used to for a beginner tank, even one who is an experienced dps/healer in the harder stuff.

    Ebon is a good set for any tank. The stats are good and in competitive raid groups they expect it and the raid leader will ask for it. I have seen a tank get kicked form a top raid team because he did not want to wear Ebon. The buff is even more important in teams that are less competitive.
    akl77 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.

    Exactly. OP thinks it will help him prepare to survive dragons breath in vSS when it would do nothing of the kind. If someone said they lasted X seconds on a tank dummy without heals any knowledgeable raid lead would not care because it is meaningless information.

    I am not against a tank or healing dummy itself. I am against Zos wasting their money on something that serves no beneficial purpose and would just be a waste of money for players that bought it.

    So do you just dodgeroll dragons breath? Or can you heal through it?

    Go test it, then you will have the complaint of why no dummy to test on that I had to find 11 more people to come in and wipe while I test it.

    And what happens if I want to compare my Dk to nb tank? I cannot recreate the same group with same amount of performance they put out in order to get me the accurate comparison.

    You seem to have this misguided notion that a test dummy prepares players for challenging content. If you had a dummy that was the tanking equivalent of a dps dummy and practiced for vSS the firs thing that would happen in vSS is you would die and then you would die again.

    The DPS dummy only helps a dps practice their rotation and hone it but does nothing to help them develop actual skill dealing with mechanics. There is no rotation for tanks as the only real rotation is taunting every 15 seconds. So if you want experience that will help you develop skill you will get actual experience in trials.

    I mentioned earlier how you can get that experience. Take it or leave it, that is your choice. But Zos is not going to give the game a test dummy that will help tanks prepare for vSS. That is a fact.
    Really, idk
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    ask ppl to duel or go to cyro / IC
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The DPS dummy only helps a dps practice their rotation and hone it but does nothing to help them develop actual skill dealing with mechanics. There is no rotation for tanks as the only real rotation is taunting every 15 seconds. So if you want experience that will help you develop skill you will get actual experience in trials.
    This.
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be interested as a healer. Healing isn’t really about HPS
    And this.

    Unlike playing a damage dealer, playing a healer or tank is about so much more than just min-maxing some numbers on the screen.
    No amount of dummy training is going to help you with that.

    Dummies are only good for practicing rotations... which has zero utility on a tank, and only some use on a healer.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Half says yes so far, that says it all.
    Also, this is a suggestion for ZOS, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no need to say ZOS is not going to do something to stress your point again and again.
    Edited by akl77 on September 12, 2019 8:23AM
    PS4 pro NA
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    why oh why, the test for a tank is simple can you hold agro taunt packs of adds and not die, as to a healer does anyone die its how i run i take it personal if someone dies, but combat meterics says how much healing you do plus other ones, simple test is if no one dies when your healing then all good
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    why oh why, the test for a tank is simple can you hold agro taunt packs of adds and not die, as to a healer does anyone die its how i run i take it personal if someone dies, but combat meterics says how much healing you do plus other ones, simple test is if no one dies when your healing then all good

    Not everyone plays on pc with add ons to help you.

    PS4 pro NA
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    akl77 wrote: »
    why oh why, the test for a tank is simple can you hold agro taunt packs of adds and not die, as to a healer does anyone die its how i run i take it personal if someone dies, but combat meterics says how much healing you do plus other ones, simple test is if no one dies when your healing then all good

    Not everyone plays on pc with add ons to help you.

    i also play on xbox thats why i also said if no one dies then all good
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    akl77 wrote: »
    why oh why, the test for a tank is simple can you hold agro taunt packs of adds and not die, as to a healer does anyone die its how i run i take it personal if someone dies, but combat meterics says how much healing you do plus other ones, simple test is if no one dies when your healing then all good

    Not everyone plays on pc with add ons to help you.

    i also play on xbox thats why i also said if no one dies then all good

    That argument doesn’t work, cos no one dies in vet dungeons doesn’t mean the healer is capable of healing debuffs in vcr, vss, vhof, vet dlc. I’ve seen a lot, you can queue up a dlc dungeon and see the healer fail at it.
    PS4 pro NA
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I’d like one, but I don’t think ZOS are capable of developing one

    Currently there are no in-game tutorials, quests or content that are designed for tanks or healers to develop their abilities and skills other than simply running dungeon/trial content.

    It’s no wonder so few players want to play them and that so many who do are barely adequate.

    The single best tanking tutorial I’ve had was going into BRF, spending 20+ minutes getting to the Earthgore and deliberately wiping repeatedly when we got the boss to 10% so I could repeat and learn. That took 3 other players and a load of time but it was really useful.

    There should be some mechanism other than running through actual dungeons/trials where healers and tanks can actively work on their skills.

    There should also be some kind of metrics other than ‘we survived and the boss died’ to assess healing and tank performance and effectiveness.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    I tested my tank on a trial boss. I think it was the possessed mantikora. While ebon is nice, sometimes it's not needed. Most players seem to be self buffing to decent health now. Ebon can be hard to get used to for a beginner tank, even one who is an experienced dps/healer in the harder stuff.

    Ebon is a good set for any tank. The stats are good and in competitive raid groups they expect it and the raid leader will ask for it. I have seen a tank get kicked form a top raid team because he did not want to wear Ebon. The buff is even more important in teams that are less competitive.
    akl77 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.

    Exactly. OP thinks it will help him prepare to survive dragons breath in vSS when it would do nothing of the kind. If someone said they lasted X seconds on a tank dummy without heals any knowledgeable raid lead would not care because it is meaningless information.

    I am not against a tank or healing dummy itself. I am against Zos wasting their money on something that serves no beneficial purpose and would just be a waste of money for players that bought it.

    So do you just dodgeroll dragons breath? Or can you heal through it?

    Go test it, then you will have the complaint of why no dummy to test on that I had to find 11 more people to come in and wipe while I test it.

    And what happens if I want to compare my Dk to nb tank? I cannot recreate the same group with same amount of performance they put out in order to get me the accurate comparison.

    I havn't run vet sunspire. I've run normal only once as a 6 man because I work a lot at weird times and my crew isn't always on. I never run something unless I have an idea of what to do, or the person explaining mechs tells me and can answer my "before this boss" questions.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    I tested my tank on a trial boss. I think it was the possessed mantikora. While ebon is nice, sometimes it's not needed. Most players seem to be self buffing to decent health now. Ebon can be hard to get used to for a beginner tank, even one who is an experienced dps/healer in the harder stuff.

    Ebon is a good set for any tank. The stats are good and in competitive raid groups they expect it and the raid leader will ask for it. I have seen a tank get kicked form a top raid team because he did not want to wear Ebon. The buff is even more important in teams that are less competitive.
    akl77 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    To test and see what skills and gears my tank or healer can take on with a dummy for testing.

    I like the idea.

    Having a dummy that would measure your ability to heal or withstand attacks could benefit players - especially those who are trying to prepare their characters for dungeons (since the landscape does such a poor job at it).

    Though I believe training courses players could participate in where they are matched with NPC group members would probably be more effective. So I would favor that approach.

    I would love for Zos to provide a tanking and healing dummy. The threads would be entertaining.

    I did all this testing of gear and found the best gear but got kicked from this elitist raid team because I would not wear Ebon, etc.

    The other thread we would see is I practiced on the test dummy so I know my tanking/healing in vSS was not the cause of the wipe. LOL

    It would be a waste of money and merely Zos taking advantage of the ill informed.

    Same goes for the dps that said they had 50k on 3m dummy yet keeps dying, it’s the same thing, yet dps has multiple dummies.

    Exactly. OP thinks it will help him prepare to survive dragons breath in vSS when it would do nothing of the kind. If someone said they lasted X seconds on a tank dummy without heals any knowledgeable raid lead would not care because it is meaningless information.

    I am not against a tank or healing dummy itself. I am against Zos wasting their money on something that serves no beneficial purpose and would just be a waste of money for players that bought it.

    So do you just dodgeroll dragons breath? Or can you heal through it?

    Use all your tools including doge roll.

    Edit: I have seen slightly different strats done with different groups.

    Thanks
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Good idea .
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The Dummy for Tanks is called "Olms" u can find him in Asylum Sanctorium.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    why oh why, the test for a tank is simple can you hold agro taunt packs of adds and not die, as to a healer does anyone die its how i run i take it personal if someone dies, but combat meterics says how much healing you do plus other ones, simple test is if no one dies when your healing then all good

    Not everyone plays on pc with add ons to help you.

    i also play on xbox thats why i also said if no one dies then all good

    That argument doesn’t work, cos no one dies in vet dungeons doesn’t mean the healer is capable of healing debuffs in vcr, vss, vhof, vet dlc. I’ve seen a lot, you can queue up a dlc dungeon and see the healer fail at it.

    That argument again supports that a dummy would be a waste of time. DPS that can burn AA without having to bother with mechanics doesn't mean that DPS is capable of finishing vCR. A dummy won't give them the mechanics. Tanking is all mechanics really. Taunting is just the start. You control where the fight takes place. You position the boss so DPS can optimize their damage with as little risk to themselves as possible.
    A tank that can stand in front of a dummy for five minutes taking damage could still fail in even the most simple of trials. I wouldn't care if ZoS did add tanking and healing dummies to the game but other than having some fun betting a few gold coins with guild mates on who could last the longest I don't see any use for them at all. They certainly won't prepare you for running trials.
Sign In or Register to comment.