Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The word ZOS don't want to acknowledge

Delparis
Delparis
✭✭✭✭✭
regression-when-you-fix-one-bug.jpg
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The word that we should all ignore: Delparis
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until a patch goes live they cannot be 100% certain how it will impact the game.... that’s the way it is....
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

Playing mmo since WOW vanilla where most of you were playing Pokemon, so ....
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Clearly your first MMO.

I'm going to have to press X on that as I remember all the bugs from when I played WoW and Guild Wars1/2....and Priston Tale....and Maple Story. Sorry man, maybe expand your MMO repitour and you'll see it doesn't excuse ZOS but it's also par for the MMO course.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

Thinking there wasn’t bugs in original WoW 😲
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Clearly your first MMO.

there were bugs sure, but not the kinda of bugs that ZOS fixes than add them again with the next patch.

WOW devs are much more skilled imao
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

Sorry it was Pac-Man. lnao
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Elder Scrolls game?

It has always been the community that has fixed most TES bugs. Unfortunately, as a "competitive" online game, that is not an option for ESO.

Try any GotY edition of an Elder Scrolls game on console if you don't believe it.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is to busy doing other stuff
    YYXlqSih.png
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is with all the WOW discussion lately? I don’t get it....
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

there were bugs sure, but not the kinda of bugs that ZOS fixes than add them again with the next patch.

Really? Because I remember serious bugs and weekly maintenance that took 8-12 hours. Remember the Zul Gurub bug that rendered major cities completely unusable?
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

I'm going to have to press X on that as I remember all the bugs from when I played WoW and Guild Wars1/2....and Priston Tale....and Maple Story. Sorry man, maybe expand your MMO repitour and you'll see it doesn't excuse ZOS but it's also par for the MMO course.

You can't see errors and bugs and bag game design through nostalgia lenses... Some people have nostalgia freaking telescopes....
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

Really? Because I remember serious bugs and weekly maintenance that took 8-12 hours. Remember the Zul Gurub bug that rendered major cities completely unusable?

yeah maybe there were many bugs but the kind of bugs we got in ESO
    many of them turned into memes

• Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first i thought it may be intresting but then

it became "THIS guy again"...
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warframe would like to have a word with you, as a founder I’ve never experienced the game breaking bugs with there new content releases. Let’s see
    A. Over 50 million warframe accts
    B. Larger world
    C. More complicated combat and move sets
    D. Total number of DE employees who keep game going 300
    E. DE maybe a 1/4 size of ZOS and does a better job of maintaining their game.

But hey keep making excuses for ZOS players like you is why nothing gets fixed.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

Cool? Well that clears that up. The community hasn't meme'd WoW at all ;). Look I get you spent 5min in WoW vanilla and now you're an expert but I'd had worse experience with bugs in WoW than I ever have in ESO. Server performance? Completely different story but bugs, no sorry, the bugs in WoW are worse.

jazsper77 wrote: »
    Warframe would like to have a word with you, as a founder I’ve never experienced the game breaking bugs with there new content releases. Let’s see
    B. Larger world

A. 50 million accounts on a free 2 play game. How many are active? Is it close to 50 million active players? No? Then why is this a point?
    B. Larger isn't better. They're as generic sci fi as you can get them to be.
    C. Basic hack and slash ala Destiny/BDO. It doesn't look terrible but i can't really spot what makes it stand out.
    D. It shows with the lack of overall content
    E. Opinion
    Edited by Rave the Histborn on September 4, 2019 9:44PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is in the nature of coding.
    You fix one bug and have to fix another 283 bugs.
  • CaptainCarunch
    The one word you don't want to acknowledge: doesn't.
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug A Causes Bug B which triggers a cascade failure in module C that when fixed introduces bug A again.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    B. Larger world

Exactly this!
    Until ESO players stop eating that ***, ZOS will poop on...
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Classic
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

Classic

And too many ppl left for it 👍🏻
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    The best WoW bug ever was where you got a dot or something from one of the troll raids then it could spread to other players Whole main cities were getting wiped out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

No, other MMOs I have played are not like this.

There is a bug, they fix it, done.

Whereas, here, the same bugs can continue unfixed, for years, affecting multiple chapters.

Or, as the OP says, a so-called fix can cause multiple other issues to appear.

The only other experience I have had which was like this, was with a garage that sold me a dodgy car and every time they supposedly "fixed" the issues it had, they caused multiple new issues and didn't even fix the first one.

That garage went out of business within a year of selling me that car, so I clearly wasn't the only one this was happening to.

Not saying this game should (or will) go out of business, as it has creativity that saves it from that fate (unlike the garage), but it should really work on improving the technical side.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

Cool? Well that clears that up. The community hasn't meme'd WoW at all ;). Look I get you spent 5min in WoW vanilla and now you're an expert but I'd had worse experience with bugs in WoW than I ever have in ESO. Server performance? Completely different story but bugs, no sorry, the bugs in WoW are worse.

B. Larger world

A. 50 million accounts on a free 2 play game. How many are active? Is it close to 50 million active players? No? Then why is this a point?
    B. Larger isn't better. They're as generic sci fi as you can get them to be.
    C. Basic hack and slash ala Destiny/BDO. It doesn't look terrible but i can't really spot what makes it stand out.
    D. It shows with the lack of overall content
    E. Opinion

You've completely wandered off the point, here...

He's not saying it's necessarily a better game, creativity wise.

He's only listing those things to show how they are doing a better job with the technical side, despite (on the face of it, at least) having more challenges to deal with.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The one word you don't want to acknowledge: doesn't.

A company is a collective noun in English English.

Yes, I'm calling it English English, on purpose, as the language originated in England and some people (rather bizarrely) don't seem to realise that.

Edited by Tigerseye on September 5, 2019 7:29AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

I was playing Ragnarok Online. They had the same issues there as well.

Sadly, and I hate to defend it but this is the nature of massive MMO games with constantly changing code and different people working on it year to year.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your first MMO.

Perhaps not given the age demographics... although, when was Pokemon a thing anyway? I never got it myself.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491871/poll-age-of-players-does-age-matter/p1
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭
    B. Larger world

You got to be kidding me. Warframe as an example of bugless game? I tried Eidolon not long ago, and the mobs were flying in the sky when I tried to shoot them, so far I couldn't even see them. The mobs I had to kill for a quest.

It never stops amazing me how people can twist things to fit their biases.

"Larger world". Omg this is too funny.

"More complicated combat". Omg funny again. First af all, it is a looter shooter. Secon, how many abilites one frame has? Exactly. Saying the combat is somehow "complicated" is total rubbish. Move sets might be seen as complicated, but comparing ESO and Warframe on that is like comparing apples and pumpkins. They have nothing in common exept being round.
    Edited by tahol10069 on September 5, 2019 8:04AM