Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

Armor sets ?

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭
Was wondering just how many players carry and why? I run a 5 and 5 light armor setup which works fine for how I play.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭
    i have like 3 or 4 different sets on all my toons, especially my tanks and healers, to adapt to the situation.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main character, Varanis Arano, carries her full PVP healer set-up, a full PVE tanking setup, a random damage set or two for when I'm questing and want to do decent damage, and a bunch of extra monster sets that I think might possibly be useful for fit how I want to play, i.e. earthgore, chudan, swarm mother, grothdarr, valkyn, illambris, etc.

Trying to do it all on one character can be a little taxing on the inventory :)
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭
    Do you guys like any overland sets? My two sets are Spinners and War Maidens. It seems to me a lot of other sets are really focused on light and heavy attacks.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only run one set on each variant of my character. Usually that is Monsterx2, Overland/dungeonx5 and Craftedx5.

Depends on the character of course but some of the overland sets I like are Hundings Rage, Mother's Sorrow, Necropotence, Spriggans, Spinners, Robes of the Hist, Warrior Poet.
    PC NA (PvE)
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭
    I only run one set on each variant of my character. Usually that is Monsterx2, Overland/dungeonx5 and Craftedx5.

Depends on the character of course but some of the overland sets I like are Hundings Rage, Mother's Sorrow, Necropotence, Spriggans, Spinners, Robes of the Hist, Warrior Poet.

Wow, nice to see a vet still using those old set still. I like the 5 piece bonuses on war maidens and spinners. Since I do just overland stuff and exploring for map completion those two set work well for my Dark Elf Magic Templar
  • Thundertalon
    I usually do 6 or 7 medium on stam, sometimes 1 heavy for passives. And 7 light for mag/healers

I mostly use stuff like Hundings (training), Briarheart, War Maiden, Crafty Alfiq, and Vanus/Worm's Rainment - easy to get from exploration and bosses
    DK Pact Redguard, PC NA
    Looking to do group quests (Craglorn, IC, dungeons, etc) - just let me know
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    Was wondering just how many players carry and why? I run a 5 and 5 light armor setup which works fine for how I play.

Most of my characters double up as pack mules for sets appropriate for their role. So for instance I keep numerous tanking sets across my 3 tanks. Generally each tank only uses 2 or 3 five piece sets, but carries probably double this number, just cos... hoarding lol.

(And yes, I have all the house chests and they are all full as well!).
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually 5-5-2. Crafted and/or overland.
    Edited by mague on September 2, 2019 11:24AM
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭
    In my Main Character that's a DD Magplar, i run 5-5-2 for PVE (Valkyn+BSW+MS) and 5-5-2 for PVP (SR+MP+Throat Boast)
    Always 5 Light + 1 Medium + 1 Heavy
    Edited by yRaven on September 3, 2019 12:13AM
    CP 600+ - I just like being a Jack of All Trades
    Raven Elenwen - MagPlar (EP) | Breton - PVE/PVP
    Merchant Queenn - Speedy G. (DC) | Khajiit - Farm
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only carry what I am wearing for my DPS characters, but do carry Zaans and Skoria at the same time for my magic DPS. Carry 4 sets for my tank (Ebon, Alkosh, Yohknakhriin, and Leeching plate). Don't run a healer.... yet