The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Current pve healers

Karivaa
Karivaa
✭✭✭✭✭
What gear are you wearing to heal difficult dungeons? What is your bar rotation? It’s been awhile since I healed for pve.
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I go through a variety of sets because different dungeons can require different sets. It can also depend on the type of players you are with and if they are stam or magicka. However a good set that is almost always useful is Olorime from Cloudrest and you can substitute with another set like infallible aethrer (craglorn trials ) jorvulds (scalecaller) or mending (aa trial). A good monster set would be bogdan (EH2) sentinel (DC1) or even Symphony of blades (Malatar).
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many sets on my healer and swap them as the situation requires, coordinating with the other healer for trials.

Olorime, Sanctuary, Jorvulds, Mending, SPC, IA, and Worm are on me at all times. Monster sets are Bogdans, Earthgore and Troll King.

Rotation is mostly like this, while knowing you have to react to situations as they happen: hit everything you can with ele drain before the fight starts, and drop a focus rune as the tank pulls.

Combat Prayer > LA > orb, bar swap, WoE > LA > Ritual, barswap, Prayer > LA > Orb > Springs > (Rad Regen > LA) x3 > Restart.

I try to keep Combat Prayer buffs up at all times, an orb on the field at all times, throw shards every second time I’m on my Destro bar, and full heavy attacking every second rotation.
    Edited by Reverb on August 29, 2019 3:42PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t believe in healing rotations. Keep buffs up, put down ground effects and spot heal.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use either Olorime or Infallible Aether as a base

Then I add 1 of the following sets to it: Jorvuld, Worm, Sanctuary, Hircine, Mending or Martial Knowledge

For monster sets it's either Bogdan or Sentinel of Rkugamz
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    For dificult dungeons Radiant Regeneration + Orbs or Shards if templar. If you need more hps or burst healing you can slot your class burst.
    Monster helm depending of the situation. I usually run Zaan, Skoria, Iceheart and Symphony of blades.
    I run Mother Sorrow + Resto IA Nirnhoned + Maesltrom Inferno or Lightning Infuse Weap enchant.
    Since i do heavy attacks all my enchants are spell damage. Max stats Blue food . 0 sustain issues

Probably soon i will change my jewelry to Infused since as templar i have acces to minor sorcery and my only magicka modifier is the undaunted passive and 2% from Magues guild.

My rotation is lazy af but i enjoy dots. Unestable wall is great for aoe spam. When running no death challenges i swap Meteor for Barrier.
    XtJY2s6.jpg

This is what i use exclusive for dungeons.
    CP Tree I put 0 into Blessed since for dungeons you dont need that much healing power. Better put those points into damage.

Edited by crazywolfpusher on August 29, 2019 6:01PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on non-templar healing until the class kits offer decent replacements for the nerfed stuff or the nerfed stuff gets un-nerfed.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    I gave up on non-templar healing until the class kits offer decent replacements for the nerfed stuff or the nerfed stuff gets un-nerfed.

Could you expand on this?
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Healing on a Warden is easy mode now though. Budding Seeds, Enchanted Growth, giving the group majors via Frost Cloak, plus the new Mutagen, Combat Prayer, Illustrious Springs, and Overflowing Altar are all fantastic skills that make healing almost effortless in most situations. It's a little tougher in more advanced content, but it's still doable.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

Healing on a Warden is easy mode now though. Budding Seeds, Enchanted Growth, giving the group majors via Frost Cloak, plus the new Mutagen, Combat Prayer, Illustrious Springs, and Overflowing Altar are all fantastic skills that make healing almost effortless in most situations. It's a little tougher in more advanced content, but it's still doable.

i agree with the spirit of this post, i have a temp healer and warden healer, no problem in anything these days. though i do question overflowing altar over Sanguine Altar. health cost is almost half and the aoe lifesteal lasts for 25% longer. sure the synergy is 25% less, but 40% or 65%, the synergy will sae anyone. average dps has between 16-20k health these days, even 40% of that is 6.4k to 8K, plenty to save their lives if they actually need to use the synergy, which can only be use under like half health anyways.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    p00tx wrote: »

i agree with the spirit of this post, i have a temp healer and warden healer, no problem in anything these days. though i do question overflowing altar over Sanguine Altar. health cost is almost half and the aoe lifesteal lasts for 25% longer. sure the synergy is 25% less, but 40% or 65%, the synergy will sae anyone. average dps has between 16-20k health these days, even 40% of that is 6.4k to 8K, plenty to save their lives if they actually need to use the synergy, which can only be use under like half health anyways.

I use overflowing because the synergy is helpful to tanks who may get into tight situations without my ability to Spring Spam them back to health. It's also 100% necessary for Z'maja's execute phase in vCR, which I end up healing pretty often. 40% isn't enough to heal a tank out of the mechanic. Tanks use Sanguine since dps have lower health to refill, healers typically use Overflowing. If you're not healing more difficult content, Sanguine is fine for a healer though.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

Could you expand on this?

Warden is still pretty good, and templars got a big boost, but classes like nightblade that don't really have such healing versatility in their class skills that relied more on universal healing skills are having a harder go of things, as far as I can tell and in my personal experience. My main, a magblade off healer tank, got hit harder than i thought he would. He not only lost his ability to effectively off heal, he's a worse tank now with less utility, which was the major benefit to running something off meta. And he's hardly the only example.

In regard to the second bit, in the U23 Q&A ZOS mentioned that they're looking to make up for the universal skills that duplicated class skills getting buffed and universal skills that made up for deficiencies in class skills getting nerfed (although they didn't quite mention it so bluntly) with patches buffing and giving uniqueness to class skills... at some point eventually probably.
    Edited by Marginis on August 30, 2019 4:54AM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • mierin
    mierin
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone playing Sorcerer Healer? I started one (42), I like the idea of a healing pet (huge burst heal) although I am not very happy that the class has no true healing skills itself other than pet. But hey, Healing Staff skills are quite powerful enough, right?
    What should I expect later on, i. e. in more difficult content? Any tips for Sorc Heal? How does it compare to others? I am aware Templar is the ***-for-everything and has been for some time but is Sorc viable if you know what you are doing?
    Edited by mierin on August 30, 2019 8:31AM
  • Protoavis73
    Protoavis73
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new to playing a healer too, I've always played a stamblade (which I still do) but want to see the game from different perspectives. So I have no knowledge about how healing was before all the changes.
    I've farmed Olorime on body and IA on jewelry and resto staff. Made a Kagrenac's Hope lightning staff because I haven't got a Olorime light staff yet. For the monster set I use Bogdan. And still leveling up some skills.
    On my resto bar I use:

VLInbIW.png

On my backbar

rfVCxvJ.png

My first healing job with my guild was Selene's Web veteran hardmode and apart from one dd got one-shotted at the last boss nobody died.
    Kept all the buffs/debuffs up, or at least I tried to and had to use Breath of Life quite a few times (but that's probably because of the inexperience), but never ran out of resources. Probably overhealed a lot.

I might farm for other sets and an Asylum resto staff and put Olo light staff for destro, but that depends if those drops anything soon.
    Edited by Protoavis73 on August 30, 2019 10:11AM
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    I run a sorc healer and have no issues in vet content.

I run oli with either MS, False gods and sometimes IA in dungeons.

The crit sets synergise really well with crit surge.

Once I acquire my masters resto my build will be Oli the new Hollow set that returns magicka and minor mending (has crit) and possibley stick with Bogdan as a monster helm.

Ultimately will be returning big chunks of stam and magicka back to the group whilst crit healing /crit damage is high