The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to make an attractive looking characters! ( Please, post your char sliders as well)

• Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy crap. has anyone who makes characters like these seen a woman before?

they're fantasy races, embrace their different-ness and make something creative. I guarantee you it will be more attractive and interesting.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Blackers wrote: »
    My two Bretons Pandy & Praavi :)

t6acYxj.jpg
    Pandy - MagBlade

BFIo1WK.jpg
    Praavi - Templar Healer

After thinking about it a bit I'm pretty sure Pandy is a dead-ringer for a young Carla Gugino
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at this makes me really wanna spend more time on fashion
    My main character is pretty bland.

GmhgGXM.png
    PC - EU
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Devanear wrote: »
    @kargen27 They all look good, but your redguard looks freaking amazing :o

Thank you! That is the one character I had a specific look in mind when I created her. I wanted her to look like Grace Jones in Conan the Destroyer. Didn't quite pull it off but I still like how she looks.
    Well I think you were more successful than you give yourself credit for, she is exactly who came to mind when I saw that pic.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Devanear wrote: »
    @kargen27 They all look good, but your redguard looks freaking amazing :o

Thank you! That is the one character I had a specific look in mind when I created her. I wanted her to look like Grace Jones in Conan the Destroyer. Didn't quite pull it off but I still like how she looks.
    Well I think you were more successful than you give yourself credit for, she is exactly who came to mind when I saw that pic.

Thanks
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Corngobbler
    Corngobbler
    ✭✭
    Megatto wrote: »
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think my Dunmer is super beautiful and attractive.
    dcd8f9e44f2767e06744eb04bb3a2e16.png

7a6350db8646e6d9bab933717b550d28.png?width=1214&height=683

64a5aad5dd7b7afed513a97697909af3.png?width=785&height=684

Even as a vampire does she look pretty. Probably more fierce than pretty though
    0a85fce5e4456ddf202adfb7867281d2.png?width=1214&height=683

I love the 2-3rd pics of the Dunmer can you share the slider's?
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    Looks like all these characters just follow the same archetype..
    Do we really need a guide on "attractiveness"? People should be capable to decide on their own lmao
    Sure, thanks to the OP for the effort but... *shrugs*

To be fair, if someone is struggling to make a char that looks the way they want it to look, it might be very helpful if there were screenshots of sliders of a char they liked, or that was close to what they were going for, to show how to do it.

However, the general consensus here appears to be that these particular slider settings are not generally going to be the ideal ones for most people to follow.

Yes! This thread was made for that sole purpose. Players can use my sliders or others as a reference to make character of their taste.

Yes, so we should really stop talking about your chars and start posting our own sliders, if we have access to them. :)

@Tigerseye I have done just that, at page 1 or you could post yours as well. :)
    Edited by Vanos444 on January 6, 2020 6:18AM
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SLsSEc1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Here is the Naryu sliders from @Keylun
    Credit goes to him for his efforts, in making a face and body preset of our beloved waifu Naryu <3
    Link: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387895/let-me-design-your-character/p2

Images for those lazy enough to click,

xbn9wP1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    V5F2U8k_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    xk5Gmrf_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    AlvUsJV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    VM41bDV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    ZmMgyRl_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    qsnSdHa_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    AHZTznC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    vMtvaQ4_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    9t1zvOx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Edited by Vanos444 on January 6, 2020 6:12AM
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lot of you making comments about the size of OP's Character's breasts are kind of ***. Whether you mean to be or not.

Comments like those are the reason my wife (who is proportioned similarly in real life) will never make herself in video games. It's actually a bit of a complex for her, despite her being completely healthy. She actively goes out of her way to make herself smaller chested or larger in other ways (or, more recently, completely stopped making female characters at all) because she either

a : Get's in game cat called and oogled because of it, which given it would be based off her body is essentially sexualizing her

or

b : Get's "well meaning" comments about how she's obviously a "disgusting" man who doesn't understand proportion.

Both of these are not okay and frankly, I'm tired of seeing it. Especially the well meaning comments coming from other women. You should know better. I was going to ignore it because I know it's kind of off topic but frankly I just can't because I know there's someone out there having the same experience my wife has.

Just cut it out. Be better.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haelene wrote: »

b : Get's "well meaning" comments about how she's obviously a "disgusting" man who doesn't understand proportion.

Both of these are not okay and frankly, I'm tired of seeing it. Especially the well meaning comments coming from other women. You should know better. I was going to ignore it because I know it's kind of off topic but frankly I just can't because I know there's someone out there having the same experience my wife has.

Oof, thank you for saying this. I’d never say anything to a player, but I have at times rolled my eyes and thought something like this when seeing larger busted characters running around. And you’re right, it’s a crappy thing to think for all the reasons you listed and I should do better. So again, thanks.

• Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    Blackers wrote: »
    My two Bretons Pandy & Praavi :)

t6acYxj.jpg
    Pandy - MagBlade

BFIo1WK.jpg
    Praavi - Templar Healer

After thinking about it a bit I'm pretty sure Pandy is a dead-ringer for a young Carla Gugino

And Praavi gives me some Naomi Scott vibes for some reason
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20190410_232823.png

You forgot Female Orcs @Vanos444

I don't have one and can't make one that looks attractive.
    There is an Npc in Worthgar. An important one that looks attractive....yeah, got one!

https://youtu.be/trKOCcRhvk8

Always had a huge crush for Ufgra gra-Gum
    ON-npc-Ufgra_gra-Gum.jpg
    Edited by Inval1d on January 6, 2020 4:19PM
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmmm apropos to nothing OP but...

Why are all your characters women?
    Edited by Klad on January 6, 2020 4:31PM
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    haelene wrote: »
    The lot of you making comments about the size of OP's Character's breasts are kind of ***. Whether you mean to be or not.

Comments like those are the reason my wife (who is proportioned similarly in real life) will never make herself in video games. It's actually a bit of a complex for her, despite her being completely healthy. She actively goes out of her way to make herself smaller chested or larger in other ways (or, more recently, completely stopped making female characters at all) because she either

a : Get's in game cat called and oogled because of it, which given it would be based off her body is essentially sexualizing her

or

My wife - she has gotten great at throwing out blocks left and right. Way to be, man.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing more than a handful of comments, we must remind everyone that all posts need to be kept civil, constructive, and stay within the guidelines of the rules we have in place. Failure to do so could result in disciplinary action being taken if deemed necessary. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 6, 2020 8:32PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GregoryV
    Thank you.
    Edited by Vanos444 on January 6, 2020 8:42PM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Belmara wrote: »

GmhgGXM.png

She's the best and most well-designed character in this thread. A completely believable adventurer in practical armour and a tidy hairstyle to keep it out of the way.

I wish more people would make their characters like yours.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is my character, Hassan at-Yashar.

I would hope he comes across as one of the more believable characters here too.

ycY7IbO.png
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, guys. Don't take this in the wrong way but if you can, post your characters sliders then it would be a great help. ^^
    Btw, Great pics!
    Edited by Vanos444 on January 6, 2020 9:01PM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, guys. Don't take this in the wrong way but if you can, post your characters sliders then it would be a great help. ^^
    Btw, Great pics!

Fair enough. Everything in the middle, with max muscular body and young face. Seriously, Hassan's design is that simple, and it makes for a bloke that looks well, normal, if rather well trained physically. Adjust hair, eyebrows, and associated colours to taste.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

GmhgGXM.png

She's the best and most well-designed character in this thread. A completely believable adventurer in practical armour and a tidy hairstyle to keep it out of the way.

...and yet, if you are applauding realism, her arms look like they wouldn't be strong enough to fight anything much.

A seasoned adventurer would have a stronger upper body (or would soon be dead).
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

GmhgGXM.png

...and yet, if you are applauding realism, her arms look like they wouldn't be strong enough to fight anything much.

I guess but don't all Bosmer have skinny arms? Not much we can do about the assets we're given.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GmhgGXM.png

I guess but don't all Bosmer have skinny arms? Not much we can do about the assets we're given.

Maybe Bosmer have more efficient muscle fibers? 🤔
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly as long as your character isn't a vampire or using one of those hideous inhuman skins, you can just give them the "Left-Parted Cropped" hairstyle and they'll instantly be pretty.
    pretty dresses help too.

Br3wAjt.png

0kt9txx.png
    Edited by Zulera301 on January 7, 2020 4:02PM
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

GmhgGXM.png

No, they don't.

Mine doesn't. :smile:

https://i.imgur.com/yW1dOX6.png

That's not even on max, either - that's only two clicks up from the centre.

If there is a problem, it's that the whole arm increases in size (not just the upper arm).

So, once you get much above that, the lower arm and wrist look too big for an average sized hand.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 7, 2020 5:00PM
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hottest toon NA checking in.

O5qsue1.png
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

GmhgGXM.png

No, they don't.

If there is a problem, it's that the whole arm increases in size (not just the upper arm).

So, once you get much above that, the lower arm and wrist look too big for an average sized hand.

Fair enough. I was mistaken. :)
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

GmhgGXM.png

No, they don't.

Fair enough. I was mistaken. :)

No, no problem. :smile:

It may be that if you stick the dot on the body type triangle on the lefthand side, that the arms are automatically very slim, however large you then try to make them on the slider.

A bit like if you stick the dot on the righthand side, you automatically get a bigger butt, hips and thighs (on female chars, obviously), even if you choose min size, in all three, on the sliders.

It, basically, assumes all women put on weight, almost entirely, on the lower half; even if you didn't make your char pear-shaped.

So, putting it on the left side probably assumes the the same - that women only ever lose weight off their top half - and strips almost all the flesh off the upper body, regardless of sliders, leaving the lower body larger.

The dot for my char is in the middle of the triangle, by the way.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 8, 2020 3:53PM
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Chill_dawg wrote: »
    Yeah, all of your character have the same issues. Lips and breasts too large and they all have the dead eye look. If you want to make attractive characters in this game, you have to fix the dead eye issue.

Look at the post of the bald female templar on the second page of this thread. No dead eye look. You may not find her attractive, as that is subjective, but she doesn't have the creepy eyes.

deadeye issue?
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chill_dawg wrote: »
    Yeah, all of your character have the same issues. Lips and breasts too large and they all have the dead eye look. If you want to make attractive characters in this game, you have to fix the dead eye issue.

Look at the post of the bald female templar on the second page of this thread. No dead eye look. You may not find her attractive, as that is subjective, but she doesn't have the creepy eyes.

deadeye issue?

Yeah, I don't know what that is, either.

Would have thought all chars would have it, if any did?

You can only change the shape and colour of the eye - you can't make it look more sparkly, or anything.

Eyes can look a bit closer together in-game than they do on the creation screen, for some reason, but I don't see why they would look dead?
This discussion has been closed.