Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

I thought magsorc shields were nerfed?

• Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    I think shields are balanced they way they are now, as compared to before when it couldn't be crit and purely scaled off of magicka.[/

The term balance is subjective and usually only used by the people that would likely benefit!
    for people two even be complaining in this thread over a class that zos has been on a two year persecution spree amazes me.
    meanwhile you cant even walk up to a plar in game and even take a peek at/her!

Imagine the easiest class in game, that is a support class overshadowing the roll of dps and more!
    hey but sorc's are balanced or not because we want free kills
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Magsorcs always adapt.

yeah, i'm sure we would of adapted just perfect with cast times on shields too,
    get a grip and a understanding of the incompetence that the developers have!
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Andrew yang I know your going to give every american citizen 12,000 a year but that's no longer good enough we want 100k a year!
    Draw the freaking line somewhere zos
    this has literally been the story of this class since day 1 :)
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    magic sorc's took a huge hit, obvious a biased troll!

They got buffed.

Also, someone complaining about needing 2200 recovery roflmfao.

On stamblade I need 2500 Stam recovery minimum and 1000 mag recovery. As well as having all damage ults rendered useless.

But talk to me how godsorcs are suffering.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ThePedge Are you serious and dumb or is it a troll ?

Dampen got it's scaling nerfed by 9%.

Hardened got it's scaling nerfed by 9% and it's cost increase by 810.

The cap was not achieavable before and still not acheavable now.

In NO WAY shield got buffed.
    did you not read that?
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of Course that what happens when you add two shields together.
    9k magika cost to do that. Now on the average build with maybe 40k magika 1800 regen? Probably off with those generous numbers, but Good luck maintaining those shields that are taking up two slots and last only 6 seconds

Sustain takes a massive hit just trying to maintain 1 sheild which is not even possible anymore. You got to have sheilds down a hell of a lot now due to the massive cost.

Pretty much better to try stack up resistances in a Light Armour Build to try tank damage which does seem ridiculous but that is what its come to with so many sheild nerfs.

Instead they could have listened to all the people's suggestion years ago before they made these changes.

1. allow crit hits on shields
    2. don't allow shield stacking

But here we have it:

They messed with shield size by making it scale of max health instead of max magika
    They messed with shield strength by making it scale of resistances of a light Armour class
    They reduces time shield is active
    They hugely increased the cost

• Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ThePedge if you were actually knowledgeable you would understand that sorcerer and nb are in the same boat when it comes to perspective of the community, thus that is why our classes are getting nerfed.

stamblade has gotten disrespected this entire past year as I foreshadowed long ago!
    but i understand you biased as sorcerer is typically the better class 1v1
    Edited by Ozazz on August 19, 2019 9:22AM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields are OPed anyways, remove shields .

Never had shields in Everquest 1 the first few years, no instant rez etc etc. Got along just fine...

Players are now puzzyified. Is that even a word... ;)
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @aLi3nZ or the community could of just l2p years ago rather than zos dictating my class to in sake to please a casual player base!
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    @ThePedge if you were actually knowledgeable you would understand that sorcerer and nb are in the same boat when it comes to perspective of the community, thus that is why your class and mine is getting nerfed!

stamblade has gotten disrespected this entire past year as I forshadowed long ago!
    but i understand you biased as sorcerer is typically the better class 1v1

They are the best by far, except for maybe MagPlar now. It just makes me laugh how sorcs can never be nerfed.

Stamblades make people salty because they can stealth. But that's almost all they have now and it has 100 counters
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    people will always be envious of mobility and high damage in this game thus this is why our classes suffer!

sorcerer has been on a decline for 2 years straight in game.
    sure have they been made pretty for a patch with some pets or a rune cage, yes!
    but in the meanwhile there has been on going detrimental nerfs to the class that have remained rather than the short term buffs we get!

• Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    also for incap to get nerfed two patches straight is ludicrous, that couldn't be more unfair oppressive treatment to the class and especially for it to have cast time vs other classes that dont!
  • Arzharo
    Arzharo
    ✭✭
    People thought magsorcs were a problem last patch. Oh boy. Glad I left this *** as soon as I saw the PTR. PvP being dominated by magplars and magsorcs. If you're not one of those classes you're going to suffer immensely.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arzharo wrote: »
    People thought magsorcs were a problem last patch. Oh boy. Glad I left this *** as soon as I saw the PTR. PvP being dominated by magplars and magsorcs. If you're not one of those classes you're going to suffer immensely.

Sure, we see more magplars now, but i honestly think there are much more magsorcs.
    At least, this weekend in EU CP, i saw legions of magsorcs. But the map was fairly populated by all classes except magNBs, magNecros and Stamplars imo.

The ones i fought (sorcs) didn´t seem so overpowered as before but they are still very powerful, against all odds (pts forum).

Anyway, stamina chars still rock vs magicka, 1vs1. But seems more balanced at least, with dots.
    Bleeds are weaker but Onslaught turned the table again...
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Shields are OPed anyways, remove shields .

Never had shields in Everquest 1 the first few years, no instant rez etc etc. Got along just fine...

Players are now puzzyified. Is that even a word... ;)

Actually Everquest 1 did have shields...they were called runes. Enchanters had them. Maybe Necros and Wizards too.

Sorc always seems to overcome any nerf, which creates even greater salt; all with basically the same build, sets and rotation for 5 years. The only "new" development was the use of pets in the last year or so.
    Edited by katorga on August 19, 2019 1:56PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know I keep saying it, but I have little to any issue on any of my stam chars except stamplar this patch (since I have only used it 7 hours in PvP total and have not settled on a build), even with the DoTs. If the average player gravitates towards a class, of what significance is that?

In fact, if you want to talk about what I've been seeing more of, it's tanky characters in Cyrodiil and little to none are magplars or magsorcs. In fact most are DKs, wardens, and especially necromancers.

If ZOS released the stats today on Cyrodiil, the data might seem very different than you or anyone else repeating the same tired lines expect.

Also, procs are king this patch AND hybrids hiding behind them. That's what you want to be or you will really suffer. Just wait until the majority catch on...
  • Borys_Finlay
    Borys_Finlay
    Soul Shriven
    even if u manage to 50k max magicka in cyrodill and u have around 40 points into bastion and u dont have not even 23k max hp, u still dont get close to the shield cap (60%). shields took a bit hit this patch, 9% scaling reduction and hardened got its cost increased soo much that looks like u need to sell a kidney to afford it.

to the dude that is asking for shields to be able to be critical hit, guess what? its been like that for months.
    also sorcerers need to shield stack, they dont have a good healing skill like Honor the dead that templars have. unless u run the pet u dont have much healing to begin with, not with class skills.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm. haha. look at magicka bar. what happened after casting 2 shields

OP, try to stack shields in cyrodiil now. i give you 30s until you are out of magicka.

also, what everone has with that 60% shield cap? you need at least 70k max magicka to reach cap.
    i have 41k magicka and my shield is 8700 for hardened ward. i have 22k health. i still have plenty of space until i reach cap
    Edited by Anyron on August 19, 2019 4:41PM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and thats why most of cyrodiil is full of stam. because "pvp is dominated by mag"
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lul.
    Kk.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Also, procs are king this patch AND hybrids hiding behind them. That's what you want to be or you will really suffer. Just wait until the majority catch on...

This.

• ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've closed this thread as it is nonconstructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.