Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DOT META vs. The Sloads Aprocalypse

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    On my magplar im hitting some ppl for 1,8k 2k entropy ticks in no cp.
    Considering that ppl were doing that much damage with bleeds before its not unreasonable. I do find it weird it tho that both entropy and consuming trap do more damage than for example sun fire.
    Again in no cp my sun fire has a 18k tooltip, my entropy has 26k. Not exactly standardised as was promised.

The DoTs are balanced based on total DPS over the entire duration with no additional passives. Sun Fire's direct damage is taken into account. Therefore, with no passives and abilities leveled up to IV, they should deal almost the exact same DPS. I tested this with my magDK. Entropy, Soul Trap, and Burning Embers all deal the same DPS with no passives. The DoT from BE ticks for less damage due to the direct damage portion of the skill.

• evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    easy to apply (no projectile, can reach 41m in cyrodiil), no proactive counter, deal higer damage than most other dot, oh boi our combat team
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoT meta is not as bad as Sloads. You can at least mitigate DoTs, whether it's with resistances, protection, or shields. You also have to actively apply the DoTs using up a GCD. It's not a free proc like Sloads.
    Sload's was worse. Although there is one similarity:

Nightblades get a free exemption from damage as usual.

1) Sload's got nerfed (twice) so that it wouldn't bring them out of stealth and so stamblades couold dodge it anyway.

2) DOTs are brutal against everyone except purgebot Templars and, you guessed it, Nightblades, who somehow get to "suppress" DOTs whenever they feel like it!

This was the trade off for giving up the cleanse morph of Cloak.

You mean to say they all got upgraded to free crits everytime they Cloak. It was a massive buff.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on August 29, 2019 9:40PM
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭

1) Sload's got nerfed (twice) so that it wouldn't bring them out of stealth and so stamblades could dodge it anyway.

2) DOTs are brutal against everyone except purgebot Templars and, you guessed it, Nightblades, who somehow get to "suppress" DOTs whenever they feel like it!

LOL ...."free exemption" ...last I looked cloak cost magicka. LOL..."anytime they feel like it". All it takes is one of the many counters to cloak including any AoE attack and those DoTs are no longer suppressed and magicka on the cloak attempt has been wasted.

I've noticed from your comments in other threads as well that you are one of the most biased and/or ill informed forum warriors I've ever encountered.

Edited by Sureshawt on August 30, 2019 4:45PM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »

1) Sload's got nerfed (twice) so that it wouldn't bring them out of stealth and so stamblades could dodge it anyway.

LOL ...."free exemption" ...last I looked cloak cost magicka. LOL..."anytime they feel like it". All it takes is one of the many counters to cloak including any AoE attack and those DoTs are no longer suppressed and magicka on the cloak attempt has been wasted.

I've noticed from your comments in other threads as well that you are one of the most biased and/or ill informed forum warriors I've ever encountered.

Cloak may have counters, but so do all other defensive tools ... and they got more than cloak does. Cloak only gets countered by specific abilities while heals and shields get countered by literally anything that deals damage.

Dodge Roll fits into the same category as Cloak, and ofc both are primiarily in the case of the former and exclusively in the case of the latter used by NBs. The same NBs for whom Sloads was adjusted so favorably and for whom Rune Cage was adjusted so favorably. Devs always have had a thing for stamblades.